ITT: Great concept, awful execution

ITT: Great concept, awful execution.

More like the complete opposite, dull concept and great execution.

Post-apocalyptic, anarchic America ran by super villains with an old, beaten down and pacifist Wolverine is a great concept. The fuck are you smoking?

The actual story itself was a boring edgefest. Whilst I got the significance of the Hulk v Wolverine fight, the whole redneck plotline was retarded.

>great execution
>cliched concept
fixed

Millar's story was... okay. It was the same theme park ride bullshit he's provided before and if you were expecting anything different at the time you were a fool.

Meanwhile, the current Old Man Logan series has no right to be as good as it is, but here we are.

Nah, this is pretty much the best the story could have been. It's a fun, cheap thrill fest.

every mark millar comics

The movie looks like it's gonna make the concept into something good, just like the Civil War movie did.

Red Skull scenes were literally the only good bits of OML. They were amazing too.

>What is that you're whispering, a prayer?
>Well there's no God here today
>Only me.

That was genuinely scary as fuck.

What's that little thing next to Spidey's mask?

Hulk stuff was dumb I agree, but the Wolverine and Hawkeye roadtrip was great.

Wolverine, Professor X and babby X-23 is gonna be so much better though.

web shooters.

Now I feel silly for not recognizing something that famous.

Red Skull wearing Cap's costume is one of the best panels of the last ten years.

>ITT: Great concept, awful execution.
Here

Injustice.

>hero vs hero fights
>great concept

This is like the hundredth time the avengers and x-men have fought each other.

it's a great concept regardless.

>Great concept, awful execution

C'mon, Civil War (1) is the poster child for this.

The monsters from this comic remind me of the tunnelers from Lonesome Road.

>people who would almost never realistically fight each other fight for stupid and easily preventable reasons
>good concept

Not it fucking isn't, and it hasn't been the 10 million times it's been done before.

>we're going to make both sides even and it'll really make you think
>Tony is one whiskey away from holding public executions
Bravo Marlel.

seeThe fact that the movie did justice to the concept kind of removes poster child status.

>ITT: Great concept, awful execution.

Mark Millar's career in a nutshell.

I think (hope) he means the capstone to the Hope trilogy.
The two prior installments having been incredible.

Messiah War wasn't as important ass it was hyped up to be, and there was a bigger endgame coming.

Yeah. It's amazing how much they botched this. If they had actually worked to explore the philosophical differences of the two sides and presented them as equals, instead of Adolph Stark vs. Perfect Cap, it would have been so much better.

They even fucked up the very basics like consistently laying out what the SHRA even said and did.

It was a fucking stupid capstone to the Hope saga. It required everyone to act retarded and out of character so they'd fight for no reason.

It's okay user :^)

You're making the mistake of assuming the story was every meant to be anything other than an allegory for the patriot act.

No, then it was Marvel's mistake. It's a terrible allegory if that's what they were going for.

The problem is that regulating super heroes isn't inherently unreasonable. Being a superhero isn't a basic human right, so regulating that activity isn't some fundamental problem of freedom.

this