Lasso & Comet

Lasso & Comet - a new pilot from Cartoon Network

youtube.com/watch?v=n08lJ5Jq5js

What do you think, Sup Forums? Want to see more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lYDd0lc1A9c
youtube.com/watch?v=XD3ZI4a0YUk
youtube.com/watch?v=ixzD-wzxUEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=s-ji8Oo5q3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

meh

it looks gay as fuck

Watched 30 seconds and closed tab. I'm so sick of every one of these starting off with "LOOK HOW TOTALLY RAD WE ARE". Not to mention that the animation is butt fucking ugly.

Same. It's a shame seeing Richard Horvitz voicing a character in this boring cartoon.

This is when the art style starts to degrade and become unpopular and annoying

It happened with thick outlines and edges in the mid to late 00's, it's starting to happen with minimalist bubbly designs now

Just from OP's pic and the Youtube thumbnail I already know I'd just instinctually hate this. It could actually be funny for all I know, but I just know I wouldn't be able to get past how shitty the aesthetics seem, so what's the point.

I bet it has made-up lingo, chiptuneshit music, and some vague struggle over "expression" as well.

>Nice animation
>Pleasant color palette
>Cool setting
Then again
>Ugly character designs
>Mediocre diologue
>Whatever voice acting
It has potential

these are the ugliest designs ive ever seen

>>Pleasant color palette
You think so? I just see more unnatural flourescents that convey nothing other than how "extraterrestrially radtastic!!! :3" it is.

Also the emphasis on flight and navigation gives me a trying-to-be-Miyazaki vibe. I just don't see anything memorable in this.

There's no way of saying this without sounding like an asshole but
>another quirky cartoon
Eh. Pass.

God why aren't these supposed cartoonists able to draw aesthetically appealing characters? You can say what you want about cartoons always following trends and this shit supposedly being nothing new but Adventure Time was the point where they went "fuck it", threw principles of design out the window, and let any spastic blogger make the doodles they made in their math textbook into cartoons.

No fappable female characters: 0/10.

other stuff the studio (the australian Rubber House) has done
youtube.com/watch?v=lYDd0lc1A9c
youtube.com/watch?v=XD3ZI4a0YUk
youtube.com/watch?v=ixzD-wzxUEQ

I like the animation

Can we get some redesigns?

Super ugly character designs, the whole thing is just unappealing to look at. There are definitely moments where they use some fun perspective shots and fluid animation that makes for a bit of enjoyment but it's in spite of all its other weaknesses.

It just doesn't really feel memorable.

What's the difference between a minisode and a pilot?

The very basic idea isn't bad. It even has a Dragonball vibe.
>A boy raised by his wits and a magic comet defend the land from giant monsters

The issue is everything else. The actually animation is surprisingly fluid, but the designs are horrendous. The characters are annoying and unlikable. The humor is virtually nonexistent.

Animation is great, but the world doesn't need Adventure Time clone #3,567

It's so BOOOOORING

Minisode is just easier to understand for the Youtube demographic. They are pilot episodes for sure, and if response is good they'll be greenlit.

GODAMNIT WHATS UP WITH THESE SHIT PILOTS WITH BORING PREMISES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

glad to see at least someone remembers the past without rose tinted glasses

>nonhuman character with a sassy black lady voice
I can think of like 5 of these off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more. Is this a trope at this point?

I know people throw around "Adventure Time clone" pretty liberally, but this is literally an Adventure Time clone. Similar art style, premise of a boy and his non human companion going on wacky adventures in a mystical world with some random unexplained magical bullshit. Eurgh, this art is horrible.

Nothing special, not particularly bad but not particularly good either. Would probably only watch it if there was absolutely nothing else to do/watch.

>nonhuman character with a sassy black lady voice
does bubby from the amazing adventures of flapjack count?

>Adventure Time created the concept a boy and his non human companion going on wacky adventures in a mystical world with some random unexplained magical bullshit.

i hate that people born in 1998 can now post here

anyone can post here
that is the point of this site

What does that have to do with the Adventure Time clones? No one said Adventure Time created the concept, but you know the networks are trying to cash in on another peak like that. It's not that original of a concept either it's been done for 100's of years.

how do we kill calarts

From the thumbnail and OP picture, it looks like an Adventure Time styled show.
>After watching it
Fucking called it.
It really doesn't do much new or interesting, The animation is pretty dull and lifeless, Only character which seemed remarkable was CloudZim. Aside from that its pretty meh.

Infinity Train and Day of the Dead Gravity Falls are much better.

Fluid does not equal good.

Infinity Train still the most interesting pilot so far.

Dear CN.

Please stop this Tumblr garbage, thank you.
Thank god Japan still uses these principles.
No it is not, this is great animation.
youtube.com/watch?v=s-ji8Oo5q3o
Really, excellent animation.