Morrison Bat Epic Pt. 4

Previous thread here.

Strongly requesting a bump or two while I move locations.

Thanks for posting! Got a bus ride I plan on reading this on

Quietley's art is absolutely breathtaking in these first couple issues.

One of the few times my jaw literally dropped when I laid eyes on the new Batmobile. A flying Batmobile is beyond pimp.

Bump

bump

Damien is a spoiled little shit. Glad to know that Dick smooths him out better than Bruce every could.

jkhkjh

OP WHERE ARE YOUUUUU

bump

.....not sure if Toad quite deserved that.

I always wondered who said "Crime is Doomed". I always expected Dick.

For some reason I really like all the dialog here

my favorite issues of Grant's run. they're so damn good. i was sad when no artist followed Quitely's inclusion of sound effects in the art. i guess they weren't talented enough, excluding Irving.

Most of the time I find Morrison's dialog to be the weakest part of his stories. Here I find that he perfectly captures all three characters in a few short and simple sentences.

>I can still offer Tim Drake his old job back.
Gonna need some ice for that burn. Straight up ruthless.

For those of you that want to know, my computer is fixed back up again which means I need to refocus my attention towards getting these comics uploaded somewhere. Before I do anything, I need these questions answered.

>Zip file or Rar File?
>Mediafire or Mega?
>100mb or 700mb volumes?

Oh fuck

This scene is pure nightmare fuel. Pyg's dolls are by far one of the creepiest things to have come out of this run. Having a slab of flesh that looks like it was scalped from the elephant man melted onto your face is straight up horrifying. I think most posters would agree that Morrison is the only writer that can write Pyg as genuinely unsettling and off kilter without devolving into pure looney tunes.

Batman and Robin is still one of the best Morrison runs on the character.

=(

Grant's weird that way. in works like The Invisibles, i found the dialogue to be very strong, but in other works it's weak. here, it's strong again.

People often say that about Morrison, but sometimes he'll get a line so perfect that I can't agree. Plus he'll also have fun moments like the one above

I find that these three issue arcs are just the right length for these stories. Obviously more than one entire issue wouldn't get the job done and 6 individual issues would be extremely decompressed. 3 is a nice little sweet spot that quite frankly Morrison nails.

Damn straight.

>dem SFX
unf

Alfred is always full of wisdom. In one of the other Batman comics, Dick complained how the cape is weighing him down and interfering with his fighting style, which is normally highly acrobatic employing tones of jumps/flips to keep enemies off balance. Although Bruce is athletic, he definitely is more of a brawler than an acrobat and tends to keep his center of gravity mostly constant. I'm more surprised Dick didn't attempt to emulate Batman's fighting style (it's not like he hasn't seen it up front of numerous occasions).

All that said, this is a pretty Batman move right here.

I argue Final Crisis has weak dialog, as does parts of his New X-Men and Nameless (might need a re-read). Stronger dialog includes Flex Mentallo, his JLA (although some may disagree), We3, All Star Superman, and obviously Batman

Nameless is just weaker overall desu

Which is surprising because I actually enjoyed Annhilator

I would have remained speechless if I was in Damien's shoes.

Annihilator also has the benefit of being a stealth Multiversity tie-in

Huh, I didn't know that. Time to go back and re-experience some of Irving's best art.

>that CRASH
holy shit never noticed that before

Is this from a TPB or something? If so, which one?

Right there with ya. Really glad someone here noticed it. Much of Morrison's work benefits from subsequent re-reads.

It's from a compendium that was created by other individuals. They removed the covers but kept the issues so it's like one gigantic story.

Shame, I'd love everything in a single book, even if it'd have to be as big as a house

Pyg is basically a walking version of Morrison's favorite tic, which is putting the explanation of his themes in the mouth of the villain. The Despair Pit is a reference to Harlow, yes, but that he says it goes on forever means he's actually talking about the Forever Pit - the black hole darkseid fell into during Final Crisis. The mother figure he describes on the following page is the hyper-adapter, and of course when Talia seems to get infected by it later on in the series, she suddenly becomes associated with the gorgon. The mommy made of nails figure even seems to be an attempt to replicate Hurt/Talia - the hyper-adapter as this chaotic bit of ginger fluff hiding behind a human face.

it's weird that DC hasn't collected the whole run in a couple omnis or bigass trades yet, just two Absolutes

At least these guys limited it to 3 volumes. Some point later I might re-try and post all of the graphic novels which do include covers.

>Batman and Son
>Batman R.I.P.
>Final Crisis Complete
>Batman & Robin Vol. 1-3
>The Return of Bruce Wayne
>Batman Incorporated - Deluxe Edition
>Batman Incorporated Vol. 1 (Demon Star)
>Batman Incorporated Vol. 2 (Gotham's Most Wanted)

Shit is going down.

God damn that is one sexy costume.

Mike Mignola is a national treasure

Fact

>going from Quitely to this
I mean it ain't bad, but it ain't Quitely

Feel the same. I was stoked to see Quietely's version of the Red Hood costume but he only managed to draw it once. As you said the art isn't bad, but nowhere in the same league as the prior three issues.

who's this joker