Hey, what the hell's a tiger-force?

Hey, what the hell's a tiger-force?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY
yojoe.com/action/subteams/tigerforce.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not as well defined as the speed-force, but it's more or less the innate instinct in all living things to kill.

Have you ever wanted to rip another person's throat out with your bare teeth? Tigerforce.

ask Charlie Sheen. He will tell you

And you're telling me that that's what Darkseid is?
Sick.

Yeah, he is the ultimate negativity. The opposite of hope and life and freedom. Which is why it's dumb when Superman punches him out desu. Or Batman "tricks" him.

Kill just for the hell of it? Or more in some evolutionary sense, like a predator instinct, or an animal that kills for resources?

Oh user, to limit Darkseid as just the tigerforce would be blasphemy, he's so much more. He IS!

Jobberseid is the worst 'Seid.

A similar, if not identical, concept came up in the Spider-Man manga.
I blame the Hypercrisis.

here OP this may help you out

The Spider-Man manga.
I wish all the story arcs didn't end in such a shitty way.
I wish we got to see more classic villains.
And I wish the manga didn't end so soon- just when Yu got a troubled short-haired waifu.

This was immensely helpful, thank you

I always assumed pic related

glad i could help user, one day we will all become meat engines for darkseid anyways, its best to be prepared.

Hopefully we don't get any fringe solar-powered interlopers to interfere.

DARKSEID IS!

Predator instinct. Darkseid is basically the embodiment of humanity's drive to trample everything in our paths to fulfill our own selfish goals.

What if though, and bear with me on this, it's an elemental dimensional-force that is literally composed of live tigers.

I feel Apokolips would have more of a tiger motive in her architecture then. Sadly there isn't

I always interpreted it as kind of a weirdly described way of saying that Darkseid is like the universe's apex predator.

"anti-life", "tiger-force"....why is DC cosmic so shit? I guess Marvel was hoarding all the good weed

>why is DC cosmic so shit?

your pleb is showing, user

Reminder that Darkseid's wife and Orion's mother's name is Tigra. And there's nothing in the New Gods saying she isn't from an elemental tiger dimension.

i like that darkseid has a dedicated pr guy

people always try to turn darkseid into space satan when he's supposed to be space nixion

I think he's supposed to be both. But man, Space Nixon is a good fucking phrase to describe him for sure.

He's Space Satan for the television age. That's why they were called New Gods.

Is there an encyclopedic resource for all of the obscure Kirby coined New God concepts?

There was that MLK quote about him: “Nixon has a genius for convincing one that he is sincere. If Richard Nixon is not sincere, he is the most dangerous man in America.”

>Has Kanto ever done anything useful?
>No, but he is union so we can't fire him

My sides have transcended the mortal plane.

What DOES Kanto do, anyhow?

he's an assassin

They say he's an assassin, but I'm pretty sure he's just a amateur dramatics guy who got all caught up in everything.

Has he . . . ASSASSINATED anybody?

He was assassinated by Infinity-Man once.

Its at the core of all things you stupid dick.

That's kind of super-pathetic and sad.

>this will never happen in a new gods series

Like I said, am-dram yeah?

it happened in the new52, he did some assassinating. dont remember what book though

Oh, actually I guess Kanto did assassinate the previous Kanto, even though really it was a failed attempt by the previous Kanto to assassinate him. And he didn't actually kill the previous Kanto, just defeated him so Darkseid did.

Perhaps Darkseid trained him as a joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY
Kanto is just the New God version of Wimp-Lo after all-

Like the Speed Force, only with tigers instead of speed

Just the Fourth World Omnibus' user.

TIGERS FROM THE TIGER DIMENSION!

The closest Kanto has gotten to being relevant was in Ostrander's Martian Manhunter series, where he's the in charge of a bunch of Apokoliptian experiments and is actually badass enough to trade blow with MM for a while.

I don't know why DC isn't all over him though. Dude's the closest thing there is to a god of assassins. Give him a cooler costume and you could have Deathstroke whose wankery is actually justifiable.

>Dude's the closest thing there is to a god of assassins. Give him a cooler costume and you could have Deathstroke whose wankery is actually justifiable.

Duuude that sounds hype as fuck

All you have to do is upgrade his actual costume so it looks swag and not ridiculous. Renaissance Italy had major style.

>I wish all the story arcs didn't end in such a shitty way.

So you wish it wasn't the manga?

Sort of, I think.

In Suicide Squad he assassinates Count Vertigo, but Vertigo manages to hang on and stab Kanto to death with Kanto's own knife before he passes out.

Nahh. The 'Tiger Force' is just the apex predator - the absolute alpha, the top of the food chain. In the jungle, that's the tiger. In the Multiverse it's Darkseid. Or so he claims.

Jesus Christ. Does Darkseid buy Kantos in bulk or something?

Too many writers forget the New Gods are Gods and instead write them as Aliens.

He'd only get the Lady Shiva treatment.

>is a New God
>is the god of assassins
>tries to assassinate a Green Arrow villain and then gets killed by him
Absolutely pathetic.

To the contrary. Superman IS the opposite of Darkseid. He may be so-and-so powerful, but the New Gods are archetypes... and so is Superman.

The illustration and the font kind of kill it.

Go write to your tribune, plebeian.

The president is SUPPOSED to be the most dangerous man in America.

Darkseid once called him a 'preening clotheshorse'. So I guess he's a male model.

Darkseid can usually bring people back to life at-will, at least on Apokolips.

Where is our Hunter S. for Trump, eh.

Darkseid casually resurrects his henchmen whenever he has a need for them. There's a funny scene in NG vol 2 where he kills Desaad and Kalibak in a fit of rage. He then pauses and goes "Sigh, I guess I'll have you bring you both back to life. AGAIN."

...Well... Infinity-Man is one of the most powerful beings in the DC universe.

But when you ask someone "Did this assassin assassinate someone" and they answer with "they were assassinated" then it's pathetic no matter what.

Mister Miracle is the opposite of Darkseid.

Darkseid really has a lot of opposites, depending on how you look at him.

it's a shame Hunter killed himself, we really could have used his wit and venom in this day and age(my god can you imagine what he'd be saying about Trump)

I think he might have just tried to shoot him.

>(my god can you imagine what he'd be saying about Trump)

He'd be saying something along the line of "this is what happens when you let the wife of a former President rig the primary elections".

>Hey, what the hell's a tiger-force?

yojoe.com/action/subteams/tigerforce.shtml

That's why he's so great, he's an opposite to everything the idea of a Hero stands for.

Will there ever be someone again capable of writing with a certain pathos, like Kirby?

I wonder what he would have made of the current president-elect.

Hah. The world being what it is, I am reminded of a quote from a Neil Gaiman story: "Since you [Augustus] we have had emperors who were evil, mad and foolish, and now we have one who is all three."

I like the Darkseid - Orion - Mister Miracle parallels best. Force of ultimate oppression opposed by the force of ultimate freedom, and resisted by the force of ultimate strength (but that carries its own warning....).

But sure, "Hope" Superman is a legitimate opposite. I still don't like it when he just punches Darkseid down. It's got to be better than that.

when darkseid brings people back he can't bring back their souls because he doesn't believe in souls

so they come back as the cheap chinese knockoff versions. useless, 1 dimensional versions of themselves that just spout their catchphrases.

its funny because thats basically what modern writers have turned the characters into

its real sad comparing geoff johns' darkseid to this

I don't know about Thompson, but I know what Mencken would have said.

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

Notice Darkseid seems somewhat disgusted, though.

Oh yeah. Simonson did alright but Darkseid hasn't been written well for a long time. If DC could somehow poach Ewing I think he'd do OK.

Homo Homini Tigris

oh I'm sure he'd have a lot of venom for Hillary as well

Hmmm...

There's no way he'd have been behind her as the nom, especially coming off the Bushes turning the Presidency into a dynasty.

Well, that was Kirby's original intention anyway. Later writers chucked it for the sake of expediency.

I sort like though. The idea that he doesn't allow their souls to return to the Source and instead traps them in his service forever.

"I will drag you to a hell without exit or end, and there I will murder your souls."

well that's kinda obvious

Absolutely.

Heck, he might even have backed Trump as the lesser evil.

>"I will drag you to a hell without exit or end, and there I will murder your souls."
this version's are the only lyrics I know so it's super embarassing when it comes up on the radio

Okay. Let's do this.

He would have screamed down the walls of Jericho about Trump, user. There is no "lesser".

Oh now I want Charlie Sheen to play Darkseid in the next Justice League movie.

...No, he wouldn't. He is not the lesser evil by any sane standard.

How does Darkseid know about Tinkertoys

Fool. Darkseid knows all.

>Notice Darkseid seems somewhat disgusted, though.
The thing about Darkseid is that he believes the universe should bow to you because you MAKE it bow down with the force of your own will, blood and sweat. In the Hunger Dogs Esak offers him an easy, comfy victory in the form of advanced technology and he hates it because it cuts against every principle he holds.

So drone warfare is actually more evil than Darkseid. Spread the word.

Corrupted good tends to be worse than evil that was evil to begin with.

Fact is, Darkseid's evil is not petty evil. It has grandeur. He's a god for pete's sakes.

Like the Dogscape?

My sides are dancing.

By any sane standard, an unproven loud mouthed businessman is a lesser evil then someone who cheats to win elections and has a long trail of bodies behind her.