Inhumans

Is it just me, or is Marvel doing a terrible job at making people like the Inhumans? (Outside of muh daughterfu Kamala). I mean, the Inhumans are suppose to be the replacements for the X-Men, right? Yet I find the X-Men more likable and interesting than the Inhumans. And I would love it if the X-Men killed every Inhuman (sans Kamala cus she's cute).
How do you fix the Inhumans?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Dinosaur_(Earth-78411)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Expose them to an X-Cloud?

Is that kid Teen-Apocalypse? Give me strength.

Normally I hate the "is it just me" OP, but in this case it's basically everyone.
As for Captain Marvel, even the market is not responding well and every new, improved attempt at pushing further seems to cause more backlash online against the feeling of getting Inhumans shoved down one's throat.

He's a clone created by Fantomex but yea basically a teenage Apocalypse trying not to become Apocalypse

I don't think they're even trying any more. The announcement for IvX was pretty much the point where they stopped presenting the Inhumans as "your new favorite team" and started using them as "the ivory tower elites who the scrappy underdog X-Men are going to beat".

>Outside of muh daughterfu Kamala
Kamala's been pretty horrible too, frankly. She's been little more than a mouthpiece for a while now.

Remender's X-force is really good, though

Only in other people's books. Her own book is still quite good.

This furthers my belief that the character is going to find herself on the Bendis chopping block the INSTANT Wilson stops writing her.

Agreed. I think Marvel has realized we hate them and are now using them as foils for the X-Men characters we actually like. I think they've finally gotten the message.

I will always hate the Inhumans because Black Bolt is bullshit.

Dude gets kidnapped (which they never REALLY explain how the skrulls got the upper hand on him as far as I know)
So he finally escapes and gets pissed that a skrulls took his place and fucked his wife.
So he assembles all the Inhumans to fucking go to space in a rocket city powered by his screams, and takes over the fucking Kree Empire within 25minutes as if they're that big of pushovers.
Then after fucking up skrulls he goes into some kinda Battle of Five Armies shit with a bunch of other king space emperors and at the end of it all BLOWS UP HIS SHIP WITH ENOUGH FORCE TO RIP A HOLE IN THE UNIVERSE
AND SAID RIP IS USED BY MAGUS TO LEAD THE CANCERVERSE TO ALMOST TAKE THE PLACE OVER.
And later it turns out Black Bolt ain't even dead!
He is just chilling between universes for months on end without food or water or really oxygen, and somehow fending off fucking Shuma Gorath motherfuckers.

And even after returning years later NOT ONE GODDAMN PERSON HAS COME TO PROSECUTE HIM FOR HIS GUILTY ASS FOR CAUSING THE CANCERVERSE TO INVADE.
Like what do we pay the Nova Corps for if not specifically this?

Yup. They should have predicted how people would react when they started pushing them as off-brand mutants. It undermined the Inhumans' actual hook and put them in direct competition with the X-Men.

Did they think X-fags would accept that? They would have had to have done a hell of a better job than they did to get anyone to change loyalties like that.

At this point, ol Blackagar (and the Royal Family) has gotten away with shit that Doom and Namor never fail to get their asses kicked for.

>How do you fix the Inhumans?
The inhumans have always been and should always be assholes. They're a bunch of Royal jackoffs that think they're better than everyone else and have superpowers.

That's what I like about them. The Inhumans are supposed to be the people you do not want to fuck with and just want to leave alone. They're not really "heroes."

Marvel trying to sanitize them and turn them into something they're not is what got us into this mess in the first place.

But my Moon Girl doesn't want to be Inhuman :(

This. The Inhumans are ethno-nationalist monarchist pricks with superpowers. Crystal's the only Royal I would classify as a hero.

>I mean, the Inhumans are suppose to be the replacements for the X-Men, right?
Nope, nobody not even Ike would think the Inhumans would outsell the X-men when the Avengers can't despite years of comics, several movies, and cartoon. If was just a setup for IvX.
>Outside of muh daughterfu Kamala
She is generic and boring, and now annoying thanks to Waid. Plus they going mouthpeice in her book with thought crime, Please vote chapter, and the internet troll arc after that. Besides that everybody is out of character for this

It's almost like making an entire group to supplant the mutants into a social justice mouthpiece was a terrible idea or something.

The reason people liked the X-Men is because they were flawed. It wasn't like people didn't have a reason to hate them, and you could picture why society was the way it is if you had people suddenly mutating to gain superpowers.

The very concept of the inhumans is lame. Retarded space alien incestuous slave trade. How do you even relate this to a character? How do you even make a story centered around this concept where any of them have any significant relationship to one another besides the fact they have super powers? The x-men had the benefit of having a rival faction of mutants, these guys are just the 'me too' carbon copies of that with none of the personality or thought put into them. Marvel genuinely believes they can just make super-powered people and that will be enough to carry an entire franchise.

It's like back in the 90's when all the big publishers were putting 'New' in front of existing titles, changing out their casts, and hoping people would just flock to it. How many of those succeeded? None? How many New Guardians issues are published each year, now?

The whole thing is a travesty and really does prove that the marvel management can literally not read a book on the history of their own company. They don't understand at all that making social justice mouthpieces isn't what people want, and that rebooting and replacing popular franchises doesn't work unless you have a pull.

The only inhuman that will ever exist in Marvel long-term will be Kamala, and that is 100% thanks to Sana Amanat's writing with NO help at all from the Inhumans comics or the retarded pricks who keeps trying to push them.

B-but my girl

Moon Girl is shit, Marvel. Stop pushing this shit character.

B-but my dinosaur

Moon-girl may be obnoxious, but her book is pretty good. Devil and the antagonists make up for Lunella being kind of annoying.

>So he finally escapes and gets pissed that a skrulls took his place and fucked his wife.
So Medusa has been not just slutting around with Johnny Storm and that guy of Axis but also with some Skrull???
BTW pic related was what really killed it for me, I was really expecting to read some good old monarchy drama not this aberration.[\spoiler]

Hasn't the Inhumans movie been pushed back (again) too?

No, it was taken off the schedule. All that's been said since is that it will still happen, but it might be a TV project instead.

GWW writes, Amanat's the editor.

It was shelved. Feige doesn't give a shit about Inhumans, that was Perlmutter's baby and Feige booted all of the Marvel Comics staff out.

The management of MCU and Marvel Comics are totally separate things. Which actually makes it kind of sad that some of the comics are trying to emulate the movies

Next issue, Wilson's writing a 22-page advertisement telling people to vote using Kamala as the mouthpiece (though delays ended up pushing the issue until well after the election). Trust me, it's bad.

>Uncanny Inhuman$

If I was pushing the Inhumans to the forefront, I'd split the race into two different factions, Royal Family and Earthborn.

The Royal Family Inhumans are more traditional and they'd mainly feature the Inhumans we know and newly born inhumans who agree to live under the Royal Family's protection and serve them. They would fill the sci-fi section of the Marvel Universe the Fantastic Four left behind and honestly be a refreshing view on the 616.

The Earthborn Inhumans are those who gained powers from the terrigen mist, but do not serve the Royal Family. They could be in a more chaotic setting as you toy around ideas that don't always have to be held down by themes of persecution like Mutants are.

Also, you could have the Earthborn and the Royal Family butt heads and lead into one of those big event comics Marvel likes to do.

Brilliant!

This is kinda what they're doing already...

Last I checked, the ones not under the Royal Family are still made to serve them when they demand it, and they don't get a say otherwise.

Marvel Studios handed all the inhumans off to Marvel Television to do with as they please. At this point, an Inhumans mini-series is probably more likely than a movie.

Which is actually for the best since Marvel Studios would just turn them into yet another bland quipfest saved by a couple good action scenes.

>How do you fix the Inhumans?
Don't need to. Fix the mutie scum: make *them* Inhumans.

The dinosaur is a mutant
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Dinosaur_(Earth-78411)

they literally did it.

Let's not forget how they somehow managed to make the process of inhumans recruiting nuhumans even creepier than the X-men's brand of indoctrination, seriously shit's fucked up considering less people in the marvel universe hate inhumans compared to x-men so they don't even have the excuse of "come with us before you're lynched by a mob" in most situations. They get taken to a sovereign state, get new citizenship, have to praise a new queen they had no relationship with beforehand.