Steve and Zemo dream team against the Red Cuck

>Steve and Zemo dream team against the Red Cuck

So, is this still Hydra!Cap? I haven't been following the book as of late, but why would he turn against the Red Skull if his past is still warped by Kobik?

Yeah, Hydra-Cap isn't going away for a long time. He plays an integral part to the followup of Civil War II.

I was hoping for 3 way HYDRA Civil War but I'll trade it for this.

If Spencer is maximum troll he'd gaybait with them hard

Because Red Skull is a shitty leader and Cap wants to Make Hydra Great Again, so he's plotting to kill the Red Skull and take over HYDRA for himself.

Cap's Hydra is SPECTRE.
Red Skull's Hydra is a gang of Nazis.
Cap does not want to work for a Nazi.
Of course, this doesn't really explain why he's teaming up with Zemo, but...

>implying that Helmut is a Nazi
Casual pls

Ah. Thank you, both of you.

So, how long before Hydra!Cap goes full MAGA and earns the suspicion of everyone who ever personally knew him for more than two seconds?

>this doesn't really explain why he's teaming up with Zemo
Because Kobik retconned his past so that Zemo and Rogers were gay lovers in their youths.

Well, next summer's big event comic is rumored to be shit hitting the fan with Cap HYDRA.

>Cap frees Zemo and gives him the Citizen V costume back
>no one guess it's Zemo because he wouldn't be stupid enough to try it thrice

>Casual pls
Freely admitted. I'm usually more of a DC fan. When did he stop being one? Wikipedia tells me that he was given Master Race education by Heinrich and trained under the Red Skull.
please don't get mad at me for using wikipedia and needing spoonfeeding

It will be interesting to see whether Helmut has the same adjusted past as Steve or if he'll be incredibly confused when Steve talks about their shared past and friendship.

Also I am curious if Spencer will have them bond over their abusive dads (espcially if Heinrich was still alive at the time) and if/how Helmut got disfigured in Steve's new memories.

>he was given Master Race education by Heinrich and trained under the Red Skull
But he never agreed with their ideals, and never considered himself a Nazi after their fall. He may be the son of a Nazi, but he has never himself considered himself one.

Helmut is the hero we need.

Over the course of Thunderbolts he certainly went away from this roots. Sure, he still wants to rule the world, but more in an misguided way of "I must rule to save humanity from itself/I can do it better than the idiots in charge" and less "master race must rule".

>Spencer wrote him as a joke
>Now he is a big deal
What happened?

Spencer always writes the biggest badass of the book as a joke so you don't see it coming when they get their FUCK YEAH moment. Just look at Shocker in Superior Foes.

Don't malign the Baron.

Yeah, and in Born Better he did side-eye the Nazi flag in his father's lab when he pondered whether Heinrich was a product of the flaws of his time or if Heinrich helped create those flaws in the first place.

Helmut still had/has a fascism boner a mile long but he had mostly rid himself of the most toxic shit and ideas his father drilled into him over the course of Thunderbolts.

In general the point of his role in the Captain Hydra storyline might be to remove and divorce the character from his Nazi roots some more.

Thanks, guys.

>It will be interesting to see whether Helmut has the same adjusted past as Steve or if he'll be incredibly confused when Steve talks about their shared past and friendship.

Zemo would probably play along if it positioned him to take over after killing Steve.

>Spencer will never finish Bedlam

fuck

Hydra Cap is too good for this world.
They should have done their best to avoid the backlash to it.

>They should have done their best to avoid the backlash to it
Why? Manufactured backlash and outrage is Marvel Sales Tactics 101.

Nah, he still needs him alive, to constantly brag who's superior.

That is definitely possible especially if Steve is all 'Helmut, we can rule together' and basically presents him the Red Skull's head, leadership over Hydra and the world on a silver plattern in the next issue. And Helmut might also simply like the idea of Steve serving as his loyal little soldier, anyway.

>Zemo killing Steve

Fund it

Helmut is an elitist fascist in the style of Doom, but he's more-or-less abandoned the trappings of Nazism (I imagine he still has an appreciation for Wagner and peach schnapps). He believes it's up to him to save the world, or did at the end of the T-Bolts albeit his character has taken a few knocks since then.

Zemo is ultimately the one who stops Steve.

With the help of the power of love.

>pseudo Dark Reign with Zemo as top dog

How long till the Stucky shitters get assmad that Spencer is shipping Cap with Zemo?

When it starts showing in the T-Bolts books especially if Zemo manages to get at least a part of the team to betray Bucky.

FUND IT OH GOD!

If only the Zemo/Steve pairing had half the support the Bucky/Steve ones does. This boarding school twist would be throwing people into overdrive.

"You have a beautiful face, Steve: the eyes, the jaw, the brow. American, yes. The face of a mongrel - but a beautiful mongrel."

I'm all up for the shenanigans but doesn't this make Helmut like.... really fucking old now?

so like.....
hydra cap is still a thing?
how long is this going to last, like superior spiderman shit or not?
in fact, this whole hydra cap thing reminds me of the backlash with superior. you know what they, those who fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it

Next summer's big event is probably going to be Captain Hydra taking over the world, so that'll probably end with him getting set back. So about another year.

He wouldn't kill Steve, he would try to top hum and make Steve his bitch and the two to his number one.

Helmut has always been a bit of a timescale problem because he has to be Weimar era but not an Nazi himself and there's usually some Compound X shenanigans involved.

Ends with the Government pardoning Zemo for stopping HydraCap (hey if they were willing to work with Osborn) and they end up giving Zemo the Tbolts team.

Zemo then gets Fixer and Moonstone in his team but also adds Steve Rogers to his team (except Steve has a shock collar in case he gets out of line), Songbird, Atlas and Abe eitheir move to a better team or stay to keep an eyr on them.

They'll start spinning the whole situation as Spencer making Steve sympathize with a Nazi and saying that was their reason for hating what he's doing.

Personally Zemo/Steve > Bucky/Steve

So with the Trump thing, do we get President Hydra Cap?

I feel like perhaps this story was going to have a hopeful progressive end, and perhaps that would feel unearned now.

I'd be down for Dark Reign II: HYDRA Edition.

This works for me