>"Also, he was never Clark Kent they just switched places lol."

RIP Superbro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gd9OhYroLN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good. Fuck Nu 52 Superman.

it-feels-true.jpg

He was best supes tho

And now we have to deal with Superbitch...

They should done the same to Harley desu

>Also, he was never Clark Kent they just switched places lol."
Explain further.

>Superbitch AND SUPERBULLY

I don't give a shit about Superbro and I'm glad we have Superdad back, but I have to agree they've really been pretty disrespectful to the guy. It's not his fault they couldn't come up with a good thing to write about him.

Action Comics revealed that New 52 Superman switched places with Clark Kent (who's just a normal human) as an adult, allowing Superbro to use his identity.

Even thought this contradicts everything we know about Superbro.

They better explain this shit soon.

It's not actually true, OP is being a faggot as usual.

Nu52 Superman was shown to be Clark many times. But after he died a new, fully human Clark Kent has shown up and is telling people Superman was impersonating him for a time. Where this human Clark came from is a mystery that still hasn't been revealed.

>It's not his fault they couldn't come up with a good thing to write about him.
He did have some pretty good stories though. I hate that they're treating him as if everyone hated him so they "HAVE" to shit on him.
I like Superdad quite a bit too, I don't think it's necessary to fucking bury New 52 Superman like this.

That's a fucking impersonator/clone dude

It did just occur to me that we have nothing to verify Human Clark's story.

Well shit.

Wait, this is Superman? I swear I thought it was Dick.

Freaking Janin.

youtu.be/Gd9OhYroLN0 blamed JLA origins.

who fucking cares? he was so awful

it was just like this on comics, superman almost killed batman and hal.

What an annoying and retarded fanbase you faggots are. Like the retards protesting right now.

>this is what Rebirth Bandwagonners actually believe
Haha oh wow.

That feels unresolved. There is still more to that. I don't think that was meant to be a retcon.

Not according to Batman and Lex.

And anything Batman says is always true.

Hi Damifag.

>Superbitch
More like Jon.
Now we have two little, faggots we have to put up with and they're getting a series together.
Fuck Damian and Jon.
They should just die.

>Haha oh wow.

LOL dude new 52 still think they had the best superman. go to sleep

Maybe it's just Superbro who has permanently lost his powers this time.
Happy endings, and all that.

>What an annoying and retarded fanbase you faggots are. Like the retards protesting right now.

This. Can`t stop crying their weak fave version got away.

when it was post crises version they said:
"get over it, you don`t like changes"

andnow they can`t stop accepting new52 is gone

the only one going out of his way to blatantly shit on him is Jurgens
even going as far as inserting himself jerking off to Superdad for one issue

Granted, I didn't read all of New 52 Superman, hell, I only read the first issue because it seemed really cool.

>saves people but kind of cocky to the cops
>is kind of a slacker wearing dirty clothes and has nearly broken glasses in a small downtown apartment where his landlady is concerned about him

It seemed like a weird perfect set up to a reboot of Superman, but then I saw it went immediately into Lex Luther capturing him and trying to experiment with him. Which sucks.

I wouldn't have minded a more kind of schlubby/younger Supes story.

>I wouldn't have minded a more kind of schlubby/younger Supes story.

This exactly. More superslacker would be cool

fpbp

He had his moments. All of Unchained and the rooftop scene from Men of Tomorrow and a bunch of Action Comics stories. When all is said and done I really liked the armored look.

It's one of the Joker clones in disguise.

He was baller. I thought it was funny how people complained when he jumped the guy down the building and back up again to spook him considering that was EXACTLY what he did in action comics #2. There were so many references.

I also agree on the Lex experimentation part, but him thinking that Clark's true form was a goat was pretty hilarious.

Quads confirm

Yeah it's crazy how quickly Post-Crisis Superman gave up on trying to revive New 52 Superman. "No Eradicator? Well I guess that's it then."

it lasted like 6 issues and it was written by morrison. not the awful writers that followed him

It's this guy again, every week in every Superman thread. You should be put out of your misery

New 52 was a mistake.

How was he never Clark fucking Kent?

>RIP Superbro
Who?

Here's the thing, most people don't care about the abrasive social crusader Superman from the golden age. Heck, they don't even care about the mischievous and arrogant alien god from the silver age or the hyper-confident chad who plowed bitches left and right from the Post-Crisis.

What people care about is the Christopher Reeve's Superman. They'll say that they don't, but they do. They will always clamor for the "Aw, chucks!" Superman who knew how to do great PR.

Its mxys greatest trick dude

Clark Kent is Dr. Manhattan observing things from the inside.

It's not that you gaylord. The reaction is that DC is shitting on nu52 Superman as though he was irredeemably bad. The fact that there's people that actually found good stories of nu52 supes means he wasn't that bad.

I mean, I am sure the arc was fine, but I felt like I wanted it to breathe a little more than immediately introducing Lex and taking him.

Where did you get that?

I miss Superbro. Knowing DC they will retcon it to him not being real at all. This will be the biggest retcon in all Superman history.

nop

>Starting thread about superman
>Post Grayson face
OP literally what the fuck are you trying to do?

>This will be the biggest retcon in all Superman history.

You're really new to this shit, aren't you?

Making the OG Superman a villain was big. This? This is nothing.

I wish, but his body melted away to nothing.

>OP making claimed about a story he hasn't read, that isn't even finished

Do you find anything off about having to lie about stories to complain about them, OP?

lmao
stay mad

Hol up, so current clark isn't Superman?

When did that happen? Straight up villain?

He's probably talking about infinite crisis.

Infinite Crisis was Earth-2 Superman (the Golden Age/Silver Age Superman) getting angry with the edginess of modern comics and becoming evil trying to fix it.

It was actually a deformed cow fetus.

No, that was Superboy Prime.

E2 Superman was pissed off with the state of the DCU at the time, but at no point was he the villain. Hell, he went around doing good deeds and hanging out with Peej.

Honestly, Infinite Crisis was one of my very first comics and I don't remember it well, but I thought Earth-2 Superman was for sure an antagonist and it got Lois killed.

No.

Not at all.

Earth 2 lois was dying of natural causes. That was what triggered him to go along with what he did, hoping to save her, but he essentially did no evil and fought against alexander and superboy prime, to his death.

Antagonist yes, at least at first. But not villain. He held the then current heroes responsible for the sad state of the world, but the villains were Alex Luthor and Prime. Once the gig is up and E2 Lois dies, E2 Supes helps in the fight against Prime.

Well that's egg on my face.

Oh I see. I'm still on Crisis on Infinite Earths so I didn't know. At first I thought you were referring to that Joe Casey story.

This story actually kind of got me angry.

I had not read this story, but this page alone makes me feel I won't like it.

In all these threads praising Superbro, everyone goes and pulls images from Morrison's run.

That was 19 issues. There were 52 issues of Superman, 33 other issues of Action that Morrison didn't work on, plus the 20+ issues of Superman/Wonder Woman, the 20+ issues of Batman/Superman, the 9 issues of Superman Unchained, the 52 issues of Justice League.

Where are the images that you guys are all pointing to FROM these issues pouting out how well-written and how much those stories made you miss Superbro?

That Superman isn't going anywhere. He exists in the pages of the comics that you love. You shouldn't be reading shared universe comics if you can't handle a shake up every once in a while.

It's a good story, but the ending and the message was bad IMO. Casey's other stories are top quality so don't take this one as the definitive one.

>grabbed a dirtbag and scared him into confessing
This was a call back to AC 1 where he did the exact same thing

Bitches don't know shit and that's why they complain just like with purple gloves on Batman

Morrison is easily the best, so it's only natural he gets the most picks. Pak stuff gets posted around here fairly often, but the Superman runs by Lobdell and I think Perez were boring as shit. That wasn't a New 52 problem, their runs would have been terrible before Flashpoint.

What's the message?

Because if there's one thing DC likes to do with OG Superman is too make a point that OG Superman is one-dimensional, embodying outdated ideals and a brutish at heart that has no place in the modern world.

They did this by making him an antagonist in IC and did it a couple times before.

That's the only one I've read parts of. I haven't read the others yet and I've heard they aren't good so I'm hesitant to.

>They did this by making him an antagonist in IC and did it a couple times before.
I feel like we read very different infinite crisis stories.

Why would you fucking lie on the internet?

Why would this matter? Nobody cares about golden age Superman.

Its kind of funny how this little clip shows how much more interesting Batman is than Superman. Superman is like Jason and Batman is like James Bond.

>What's the message?

It's a bit hard to explain for me. Honestly the argument was too good so the message got muddled for me. I guess that it's that Superman shouldn't get too involved in human affairs and should instead try to get humans to change themselves? I don't know. It just feels like Superman's point of view wasn't shown properly or something.

You really need a new line, I don't think anybody falls for that one anymore.

Superman in the 90s'-00's had this weird alien detachment, like he was philosophically opposed to considering himself a part of humanity instead of a detached observer from afar.

Until he put on the mask.

It was there and the previous Superman's books cross-over tied to Infinite Crisis.

New Earth Superman and Pre-CoIE Earth-2 Superman fought during Infinite Crisis with Pre-CoIE Earth-2 Superman trying to write wrongs with a black-n'-white mentality which, according to the stories, had no place in the morally gray, complex modern world of comics.

>Pre-CoIE Earth-2 Superman trying to write wrongs with a black-n'-white mentality which, according to the stories, had no place in the morally gray, complex modern world of comics.

NO! ALAN MOORE YOU DID THIS TO ME!

One day I will get my vengeance. Superman will return. For real.

It was during that time that they were desperate to remove the Lois Lane marriage and pair him up with Wonder Woman, too. Specially during the 00's.

Honestly, it was clear that they had no clear idea what to do other than bring things back to how they were during the silver age. Superman seemed to constantly find a new version of Krypton every fucking cross-over muddling completely his Post-CoIE "Man of Steel" origin.

Remember when DC tried to pull a Ben Reily with Wildstorm's Mr. Majestic?

To be fair CoIE fucked up a lot of Superman's lore, there was a lot of damage that needed undoing. But Superman always found a new Krypton only for it to be evil, or for it to explode again, or for it to be evil ghosts that also explode. Silver Age elements would keep getting brought back only to be immediately destroyed or decried, or warped in such alien ways that it didn't remotely resemble the original idea. They really had no idea what they wanted Superman to be, they just knew what they didn't want: they didn't want Golden Age Superman, they didn't want Silver Age Superman, they didn't want an edgy modern Superman, they didn't want Byrne's Superman, they didn't want Superman to be too judgmental or too nice or ever mean or too old or too young and goddamn the stories focused so much on what Superman wasn't that most of the time when they were forced to put up what Superman WAS they had no real answer to give. He was like Mickey Mouse, a brand without an identity because it had all been scrubbed away.

Remember that brief moment when Mark Waid's Superman: Birthright was canon? When he had his Fortress of Solitude in the Brazilian's Amazon Rainforest and we had a bunch of Brian Azzarello's stories taking place in that time-frame.

Or when after Infinite Crisis happened and they said Superman would gain a new origin only for the readers to wait like... goddamn, how many years it took for Geoff Johns' Superman: Secret Origin to happen?

Remembering all this makes me look fondly on the present. Sure Superdad's kind of mediocre and the continuity's currently pulling convoluted loopholes to bring back the same status quo as a year ago, but he's been through so much shit tht this is really just standard procedure.

Superman's origin was always a problematic thing. That's something that he shares with Wonder Woman. The only difference is that his supporting cast tends to remain with the constant continuity changes.

Well, his supporting cast sort of remains. A lot of his cast outside of Jimmy and Lois aren't as constant as you would think, and honestly Jimmy's not that important most of the time.

My point is when people want to defend Superbro (and I am not one of the people who hated him and hated his existence - I think he was poorly served by poor writing, horrible editorial oversight, and discordant continuity) - but no one turns around and points to anything other than a few pages from Pak (usually the What Lies Beneath run and occasionally the friendlier not-too-crossover related images from Truth/Before Truth and the wrestling/taco's bits). We're still talking a few panels/pages (less than 5%) out of some like 400 pages total that Pak was involved in, co-wrote, or participated in for those cross-overs.

The first two arcs of Batman/Superman are a decent to good team up. Superman Unchained has other problems but it's readable and entertaining.

I think at some point DC editorial decided that they had to follow the company line dictated in a story such as "Must There Be A Superman" - where the point is that Superman cannot real deal with real issues and real life problems, but is only necessary when there's something like an alien invasion or a meteor so large it will devastate the world's population.

Superbro wasn't good.

He was some anime edglord's 'totally awesome OC guys'. He even got a fucking DBZ move.

Fuck off with this shit. Earth One did a better version of Superbro.