So.....I guess they wanted to start a new series about people living on a space station battling an evil space emperor...

So.....I guess they wanted to start a new series about people living on a space station battling an evil space emperor, but just used Regular Show to do the story instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/cartoonnetwork/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This season was so bad even the last few autists trying to make the show look good on Sup Forums are dropping it.

yup, it was completely JG's game plan dude

Fucking kill this show already

Thread died already? Damn it really is shit then.

Right now we're just going to have to wait to see if the show does something decent before we can discuss it. The older seasons were great sure, but right now it's doing something else and hasn't got around to actually doing it yet. It's a damn shame it's beating around the bush, but I figure the episode after the Christmas special should give us an idea of what's coming, and whether or not it's worth the time to care.

It seemed to recover then just went off the rails

>dropping it on the last season

That's dumb. If you've come this far, you might as well finish it.

Yea you'd think that, but the writing this season is probably the worst on current running animation.

The whole "chosen one" cliché makes it annoying to watch.

T H I S .

It's bad enough that Season 8 started going downhill once they got to the "Chosen One" plot line, but the writing itself makes it even worse! The characters' dialogue rarely ever feels natural and tends to sound too lifeless and expository, 100x more grating than Gravity Falls's dialogue!

We're already more than halfway through the season, so hopefully, JG and Crew knew what they were doing when ending it.

I kind of like the space opera thing there doing, it's like the normal show but no cj or margaret to muddy it up

I think they just wanted to find a way to raise the stake since they've done weird shit for seven seasons and setting up a long season arc was the way to go.

It's ending anyway.

Margaret and CJ weren't fucking season 7 up either, plus we were still on Earth then and Pops was just a nice old man who was confirmed from Lolliland, but beyond that, no big deal.

As someone who hasn't watched this season of Regular Show, how is it? What is happening?

>Pops is Primus, and Anti-Pops is Unicron

>Get into the show
>like it
>it becomes Mordecai's Love Life And Wacky Supernatural Adventures: The Show
>they finally get rid of Margaret
>but then fucking CJ comes back
>more Mordecai crap
>finally end the cancer that is the love life plotline
>now Rigby goes back to fucking high school
>then Pops has superpowers
>then they fucking go to space
>then Chosen One garbage
There is literally nothing left to redeem this show. Nothing.

First episode of the season (mostly) dealt with the reaction of them being in space fairly well. The episode immediately after (literally, it aired the same night grouped together) was foreshadowing that the season was going to be written really bad. The characters felt like they haven't known each other for years, with the cliche "we don't believe you about these new guys being bad" story with the strong cliche line of "they're the best thing that's happened to us" being used. After that they reallllyy fucking slowly start to map out the story we're in, with annoying fuck ups and quick changes (basically horrible pacing) to add. All the while lingering mentions of Pops being really fucking special are included.

Finally the guys go on their mission to do whatever, BUT WAIT, THEY CAN'T! THEY HAVE TO GET NEW BEDS FOR THEMSELVES. After another filler episode, and more to follow, the story drops like a fucking brick and we're hit with the revelation that Pops isn't just from another planet (which most of us already knew from the Lolliland short JG made as a student film before the show), he's also some fucking god entity that means more than anything else, as his fight with his anti evil brother self decides the fate of the universe, and if he looses, or even ties with the evil brother, the universe vanishes, everything is destroyed and life starts over from scratch, and this has apparently happened hundreds of times.

That's where we are. Pops trains next week.

That sounds terrible.

Judge it yourself if you have time.

>after every new episode, the next day CN posts a clip from it
>can't even bother to do that for RS
youtube.com/user/cartoonnetwork/videos

They probably just haven't gotten around to it yet, man. From the looks of things they've done Regular Show with the rest of the premieres.