Tell them they need to order MORE PAPERWEIGHTS

>tell them they need to order MORE PAPERWEIGHTS.

Was he a bad person?

Yes. He was the most well written character too.

Yes. He was an abusive alcoholic who shot his own son. He was just a step beneath Ms. Censordoll as the morally worst character in the show.

Do you not think he showed any humanity toward Orel? I saw a few pet the dog moments.

Clay did nothing wrong.

It was all Bloberta.

damn straight

When has he showed any humanity to Orel?

Bloberta helped to make him awful but he is still accountable for all the awful stuff he did.

getting fucked over does not allow one to fuck over

Bloberta's family, primarily her mother, fucked her up first. It isn't really her fault she ended up projecting onto Clay.

Any HD rips of the show?

Could be a couple of visual gags I missed.

Which is part of the message of Moral Orel, hate begets hate

Yes. Maybe he never had a chance. But he was a very bad person.

The show DID imply Censordoll was a witch and made Clay shoot Oral though, as revenge for Oral/Clay getting eggs banned in Moralton.

Dino refuted that though, as he intended instead to have Censordoll just seduce Clay via his mommy complex.

The scene with Censordolland her replica of the town and her fiddling with the Clay/Oral pieces on her replica of the town was a red herring

Censordoll's age was a why-boner to me.

Yes, but only part. She's still responsible for her own actions just like Clay is.

If it were only down to how your parents behaved Orel would be a piece of shit too

how would a good ending have looked like?

I can't get over how good this show was, and in a way, i'm glad they cancelled it so it can stay as great as it is forever

I actually had a conversation with Scott Adsit last year... I asked him about his experience working on the show because I'm a huge fan, and we started talking about Clay's character. He said Clay does love Orel and Bloberta but that he's basically unforgivable, his selfishness was stronger than his love. He said there was good inside Clay, but its gone. Scott is a great guy, he said he loves Moral Orel and that its really special to him and was one of his favorite things to work on. He also signed a little fanart doodle I did of some of the characters he plays. But Scott's the just an actor, Dino is the one you'd have to ask to get the pure truth... just something to consider, because thats what Scott put into the roll.

The only straw i could see him grasping at was when he didn't beat Orel for kicking the shit out of half the town, but that was only because it would be a declaration of him being wrong.

I remember reading that Scott Adsit actually quit the show in season one (hence the divorce cliffhanger; Clay was going to be written out of the series) but Dino had to beg and plead to get him to stay.

Supposedly Adsit had issues with the way the show made fun of religion. And that he ultimately stayed with the show purely as a favor to Dino

No idea, seems like the show was only going to get darker and darker with each new season so probably with Orel leaving home or dead or something

Wasn't it going to focus on secondary characters like Censordoll.

>show made fun of religion
I always thought it made fun at how people use or act towards religion but no at religion itself but o well...

Well, yeah, but I don't believe he was beyond redemption. I got how broken he was and I wanted him to improve, but not only did the show not last long enough for any chance of that, but the final scene implies he stays with Bloberta.

I bought HD rips on iTunes, but I can't access them anymore because iTunes sucks. Someone would have to go on Hulu.

his wife fucked him up but he lacked the strength to fix his life.

Only episode in HD is Beforal Orel

He ended up loving it.

not really in the first season

the first season is by far the most surface level in terms of how it treats religion, it's more just "lol they hate evolution lol they hate sex"

wise words