Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y12_cVX2exw
youtube.com/watch?v=cAacE5ukzrs
youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
youtu.be/DNc4betndz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cool way to end the story.

I still don't have any desire to see the movie. Not every comic or book needs a movie adaptation.

People who thought Ozymandias was right or had a decent plan are just as retarded as he is.

Movie is better than the comic.

>implying he wasnt the hero of the story
I still want the bitching mego action figure line he had around his office

I agree the ending to the comic was retarded movie made much more sense

It's not

I wish i hadn't seen it

shit taste

Open ended ending. Does he publish the journal that contains a truth that would rock the world? Would he be wrong or right to do so?

Probably Moore's best work.

Why do mods keep deleting lol threads?

What are some similar stories about groups of heroes forced to retire/disbanding and then reuniting years later when something happens

Prophet, except that they're getting back together 10,000 years later.

>have the chimera in the movie
>the chimera that was introduced in the comic for the sole task of foreshadowing the genetic experiments happening behind the scenes
>"but it looked cool, and it was in a panel that I was copying directly onto film, so I made it!"
Snyder is a shitty Michael Bay. And that actually insults Michael Bay a little bit, because at least he made The Rock.

>but it looked cool
more than reason enough

Scooby Doo (2002)

>Zack Snyder will never ever come up with scene as good as "You're the rocket man" in his entire career

youtube.com/watch?v=Y12_cVX2exw

Did you read the comics alliance article then?

I quite like the movie, but I definitely think the original work is better. There areason some storytelling subtleties that I think get lost in translation, and I also like the squid from the original ending, simply for the idea that it's so wtf that leaders realize how petty their war really is. Just my own view on it though.

youtube.com/watch?v=cAacE5ukzrs

WRONG

And yet it did nothing to help the film. It probably confused shitloads of people who never read the comic, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ

>And yet it did nothing to help the film.
Didn't hurt it though.

>hey, let's take a deconstruction of comic book superheroes and make it a movie!
Yeah, nah. If they made a deconstruction of superhero movies I'd totally watch that shit though.

And yet the movie was great.

Like that other user said, a lot of the comic book subtleties and tropes didn't really translate well. It's a good movie, don't get me wrong, but it's not a good Watchmen movie. And I don't think anyone could ever make one, to be honest.

That's a masterpiece desu.

youtu.be/DNc4betndz8 Talks about that idea

It wasn't even good.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that he published it, it's the exact kind of thing a publication like that wants. They go to sleep and dream about something like that coming to their doorstep.

The real question is, does anyone believe them?

The Dark Knight Returns

that aint what yo mofuggin momma dun said last nite

Chimera? You mean Bubastis?

It's not like Rorschach managed to jot down Adrian's master plan. Just that he killed Comedian and kidnapped some artists. On top of that Rorschach isn't exactly a reliable narrator nor is the newspaper he dropped it off at

I always felt like if Rorschach's journal gets published, it just becomes another conspiracy theory in a sea of theories.

Fuck off

Yeah, the giant lynx. I just called it a chimera offhand because it's some genetic freak.

>On top of that Rorschach isn't exactly a reliable narrator nor is the newspaper he dropped it off at

Which is exactly why they'd publish it, they're a loony rag that publishes absurd theories to sell papers.

This also why it's questionable whether or not their publishing the story would have any meaningful impact.

I suppose it really depends on what your impression of the comic was. The movie was an enjoyable enough action film but lacked all of the dense subtext of the original comic. If you didn't get the subtext or found it boring then yeah I can see how you'd think the movie was better. Personally though I think the comic is just so much denser and I find that a lot more enjoyable.

I saw the movie before reading the comic and I definitely googled it to find out why the fuck there was some crazy cat that looked like it belonged in a fantasy film.

The comic get bogged down under it's own weight.
The movie might not have enough weight.

A middle ground would be nice.

>This also why it's questionable whether or not their publishing the story would have any meaningful impact.

Specially when Veidt is in full gear in the next stage of his plan. He'd figure out a way to let the buzz die.

Again that's subjective. I enjoy things like watchmen because they give your brain a lot to chew on. They're the kinds of things you find yourself thinking back to hours after you put the book down. Watchmen is the kind of book that college professors love. You could pick it apart in a classroom for years. Some people want something light and easily digestible. Watchmen ain't that comic.

Incredibles
Overwatch

It was okay, some scenes were good, but it's mostly shit and just Snyder being Snyder. Also Ozy's plan in the movie makes no sense.

>Overwatch
user he said stories. That game has no plot

>Snyder being Snyder
so
great

God it's been so long since I read it but aren't there residual psychic effects on the public after the squid attack? If so I think that would have some effect on how Rorshach's journal would be received.

Say what you want about the movie and Snyder but god damn the intro was perfect.

Squid released brain waves on death that invaded the minds of everyone in the non-lethal bast radius. Effected their memory of the event so that they believe they were attacked by some unknowable eldrich horror.

Isn't the starting quote of Who Watches the Watchmen from some sort of comission report dated to 1987? That implies it's actually from whatever investigation the journal sparks.

why is this trope so cool?

you need to add Scooby-Doo to that list for maximum keks

It really is, the whole piss-take of the 90's/early 2000's is fucking glorious

I disagree and I loved the movie

Umbrella Academy?

Reminder

Ever had a falling out with friends? Or had friends that moved away and gradually lost contact?
Imagine having all your best friends from the past reuniting for one last hurrah. It draws from the best of your nostalgia while still allowing people to grow and change.
No matter how long it's been or how different everyone has become, you're still the same pals you've always been.

>No matter how long it's been or how different everyone has become, you're still the same pals you've always been.

I'm pretty sure this trope doesn't always go well, ie watchmen, although in some ways, like nite owl and rorschach teaming up one final time

What are you reminding me

snyder's grim filter because colors are immature

The top would not have worked. Adapting the minutemen is pretty tricky they are supposed to look kinda goofy to be evocative of gold and silver age comics but if they look to goofy it's hard to take the characters seriously. I like the way they look, I think one of Snyders only real talents is establishing mood through color composition and framing shots.

the man can't use a warm palette to save his life so the mood he establishes is always "a bit depressing"

different user here.

the story is nothing without rorschach you pompous ass

It's supposed to look like an old-timey sepia-tone picture you fucking dum-dum