Lupin vs Batman

Lupin vs Batman

go

Which version of Batman?

Lupid would easily trounce any Batman before the concept of preptime. Otherwise, he and Batman would endlessly keikaku each other and reach a stalemate.

Lupin because Zenigata would catch Batman well attempting to catch Lupin, since he can catch anyone that is not Lupin.

Batman, with preptime, would catch Lupin and then Lupin would escape on the way to prison.

Batman would easily catch lupin, but then lupin would easily escape on the way to jail, revealing that was his plan all along. Batman would then be distracted by another villain popping up and lupin would get away with whatever the hell was was stealing.

He then becomes the comedy break "villain" for batman who occasionally catches him and yet somehow can never actually put him away.

Basically batman would become zenigata.

where is a good jumping on point for Lupin?

>no movie of Batman and Lupin out bullshitting each other for 90 minutes

Each TV series is fairly stand alone and has a somewhat different tone. The 1977 series is probably the most iconic (red shirt).

You should go out of your way to watch the movie The Castle of Cagliostro if you haven't already. It is an unquestionable classic and quite possibly the finest place to start.

How is the lupin live movie?

Plenty of people have caught Lupin. I doubt Batman would even need preptime. The key thing is nobody can hold Lupin. The only time anyone has been remotely successful for any amount of time was when Zenigata basically became a prison guard. Even then Lupin was just going through the motions to get back at Zenigata for embarrassing him.

Batman vs Death Note characters

go

lupin would win, no contest

What would happen if Riddler got the book? Or Ra's? Or Joker?

Let me just point out that 'Batman is his real name' is a bullshit argument because it always pops up in this scenario. As messed up as grimdark Batman can get he's still Bruce Wayne and that is the name that needs to be written down to Death Note him.

Joker would be basically Misa. Using the book for the ultimate punchline

Ra's would keep it as a holy relic, using it from time to time to "keep the balance"

Riddler would play the exactly opposite of Kira, leaving clues about his ruse, but killing lots of people on the way

I want a story about all three. Lupin would be a terrific Batman crossover but what I really want is Death Note.

Could Batman catch Carmen Sandiego?

The "Batman is his real name" argument does not work in universe either

One could argue "L" was the real name of Lawlett (yes, it's his real name), since he uses his fictional name since the orphanage, but Kira had to use the shinigami to do it for him

Underworld world rules are really specific. You need the ID name or there's no deal.

When you think about it Carmen is a pretty shitty burglar

She more into theatrical arts than anything related to thievery

If Batman can get Catwoman, who is not necessarily a dramatic show-off, then he can get the woman with a carmine suit, giant hat and trademarked zeppelin

could carmen sandiego out-steal lupin?

It's funny because in the games Carmen was basically the CEO of a low level thieves corporation (V.I.L.E). Dedicated to steal weird cultural things.

The cartoon, along with the Game Show, is the one who made her a top burglar superstar, who could do everything alone

So, no. She could not.

Her riddles are not worth of E.Nygma too. Unless if you are talking about 60's Batman riddler

Neither.
>Batman and Lupin meet
>Lupin stealing shit, Batman stopping shit
>Shennigans all over city, 50/50 on stopping eachother
>Finally meet eachother, forced to duke it out, suddenly THE JOKER (or any other villain)
>Joker forces them to work together to survive his deadly FUN HOUSE of DEATH or some shit
>End up working together, getting bro-dom going.
>Lupin manages to grab INSERT-IMPORTANT-DIAMOND
>Escape Fun House, deal with Joker
>Lupin walks off with diamond
>Batman smuggly smirks. He replaced the diamond with a fake one
>Lupin smirks, he knows this but sells if off to some asshole gangster who gives him a shit ton of money, but then gets busted by the cops AND has a fake diamond
>Lupin rides off the Europe, Batman chills in Wayne Manor

Could Batman beat the sun in a fist fight?

I like this post.

Inspector Gadget was supposed to be a lupin spin off.

>tfw lupin gets more love on Sup Forums than Sup Forums

Probably because Americans can't get Lupin because of the U.S and France's shit copyright laws.

I just want season 4 to be released already, I didn't finish the show so now I'm waiting on the blu-ray release.

Get a load of this guy. Gadget is a parody of Inspector Clouseau from Pink Panther movies

Which is already a parody of ol'time crime thrillers

No he's actually right. Look it up. Originally DiC was going to do a show called Lupin VIII about Lupin's great great great grandson. They ran into rights boondoggles and had to restructure the project into what we know as gadget.

Carmen stole the fucking pyramids. A job of that scale and ambition is the work of a master.

Lupin is in town to steal a very famous diamond from Gotham's famous Jewelry Museum, so Commissioner Gordon and Police Chief O'Hara have stepped up security. Lupin cases the joint and runs into Fujiko who is working over airhead socialite Bruce Wayne, while Goemon and Jigen get annoyed at her inclusion.

Hilarity ensues.

Ya but Lupin VIII was a detective.. yet Zenigata's decedent was still chasing him for... reasons? (Also Jigen('s decendent) was there too.

That kind of confused me. I wonder how it would have went if it had been made.

Lets be serious any crossover would end with the two working together.

Probably a international crime organization that starts framing Lupin, Catwoman has to have a fight with Fujiko, Goemon with Katana, Jigen with Deadshot (friendly rivalry has to be made here), and Lupen and Batman have to work together to save the day.

Lupin has to keep jabbing Batman that his greatest adversary is a clown were his is a super cop.

>Fujiko who is working over airhead socialite Bruce Wayne,

Selina Kyle would not allow this at all.

I can see both of them playing air head bimbo because they think the other doesn't know who they are. Each trying to get up on Bruce, but of course he knows and has been using them to get closer to Lupin and not banging two of the hottest thieves in all the land.

There is a reason why Carmen wears a Carmin trenchcoat and 3 inch heels. She doesn´t need to run, she is alwas 5 steps ahead of everybody. By the time Batman gets to where he thinks Carmen is, she would probably be on another country stealing something imposibly big.

Either

Lupin does not get what he wants, but he DOES escape with his life.

or

Lupin and Batman team up to stop the evil super rich mob boss who is threatening the city, Batman "letting" Lupin escape with a small amount of gold for his troubles.

She has a tendency to steal buildings and monuments. Thing is, Lupin is something of an OG in that regard.

Carmen plays with kiddy glove on, she does it of the trill. If she ever got serious, she can steal anything. She stole the prime meridian and the arctic poles once.

Can she also steal numbers? Like can she steal the number 0 so world collapses from everything needing to be converted to a base 9 system?
Because if you want a hostage to hold ransom that seems like a good choice.

The game I played the most was the one where she created an army of robots that somehow stole every piece of written knowledge in the world.

Carmen's pretty scary when it comes to stealing things, even if, by the very nature of the game, she can't exactly hold on to them.

Or fence them, for that matter.

What color is Lupin's jacket?

Hold on, someone had a well written out crossover opening for the two. Let me keep this alive while I try to find it.

Red, Green, Pink, Blue, Mellow Yellow, Purple, Black, White, Black again and Velvet.

Holy shit is that from the Samurai Jack episode where he venture's in some pyramid?

I honestly don't know, just that one episode had a Jigen reference.

There was also a Bright Yellow jacket for a couple of early chapters in the first Manga series.

Yep.

Don't forget that Lupin VII was going to be in a sci-fi setting as well.

Although, Cagliostro isn't completely faithful to the characters.

I like how the manga Lupin is super rapey and harsh, it wasn't what I expected when I started reading them.

Good movie, but not a particularly great introduction to Lupin III in general. It's pretty different than the usual fare.

The early show also had a darker streak.

I watched the first series and don't remember anything particularly horrible.

It even had an episode where he saved some little girl on a train or something kinda like in Cagliostro.

Has any one ever considered that people are just extremely stupid in those universes, because think about it.

Most people where kids when those game came out and were big. The games are history lessons for kids. ANYONE with a basic knowledge of history or math or what every could catch her.

And Batman is one of the top minds of his world. If he could outsmart say you and you could beat Carmen Sandiago

Lupin is like Japan's answer to Bugs Bunny. He'll win in an instant.

Batman kicks the ass of the riviera petty thief.
Gives him to the authorities.
Authority is that dumbass japanese interpol detective.
Lupim escapes again, Batman doesn´t care while it is far away from Gothan.
Lupim stays away from Gothan, vigilante and supercriminal infested cesspool that´s more trouble than profit.
The end.

mamo is probably a better start

I meant in this vs. Lupin's precise skill level and attitudes tend to shift with his jacket.

So how would Lupin fare against Dredd?

badly

But user, Batman can't put any of his rogue gallery away. That's why the Joker hasn't been executed yet.

Face it, Batman's 0 for 12 or something.

Zenigata is in Gotham, assisting the GPD with some serious investigations into criminal corruption within the Cobblepot mayoral administration

They get through some low-level busts and raids, yet keep running into cases where the perps are already taken care of by the time GPD arrives. Zenigata comes to hear of the Batman rumors swirling through the Gotham underworld

With this Batman always one step ahead of the law, and with the busts yielding very little to tie the crimes directly to Cobblepot, Zenigata becomes convinced the Batman is some kind of hitman working for the Mayor, tying up loose ends before they can be busted.

Zenigata starts trying to gather more intel on the bat, but before he gets too far Lupin makes a grand announcement that his next target will be famed philanthropist and millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne, and he will strike in 7 days...

That is the court's fault not batman

who had the better world domination plans, Mamo or Superman 1 Luthor

People say this but after watching the first series and Castle I don't see it. Lupin is a bit more noble than usual but everyone else is well with in acceptable character deviation.

Discotek is releasing series 2 part 1 next month and part 4 next year

Any idea when a trailer for the dub will drop? Not that I'm excited for it, more just curious.

An official Batman/Lupin crossover likely would end up in a team up, but I think it'd be much more interesting if they went in a different direction.

-Like Lupin disguising himself as Joker or another one of Batman's villains just to make Batman go after him, but his actual target would be the Batmobile or some other Batman related object. In the end, Batman would stop whatever he was doing, but Lupin would escape stealing something from Batman.

Pretty sure it'd end up going like that episode with a thief killer cop from the 2nd series.

Lupin would be almost killed in their first encounter then would slowly plot revenge on him, even building a device just to kill him.

what if he wrote batman and 5 seconds later superman tweeted his identity to the world? does this kill the batman?

it's already on their facebook page.

Depends. Dredd could nail him to the wall, or Lupin could scrape away somehow but Dredd would have a grudge against him.

Oh shit. Well, it seems alright. The editing in the trailer makes things sound a little awkward, but the voices seem fine.

Series 1

Reminder.

Lupin would be fucked. His friends too.