Started a webcomic, and can't get any readers. What am I doing wrong? Is this not funny, or is the art just too bad?

Started a webcomic, and can't get any readers. What am I doing wrong? Is this not funny, or is the art just too bad?

>Is this not funny, or is the art just too bad?
Yes.

its presented badly in a way that has more to do with graphic design that art

shill hard. even XKCD gets readers and it has one of the simple art styles possible.

honestly, with gag a day comics I sort of dont give a shit about the art. shitty art is sometimes almost charming with these sorts of comics.

joke could be funny, its poorly executed though. I get what youre going for, and theres definitely something there, but how its presented here ehhh...

just keep making it. keep drawing, keep writing. you wont get better if you stop.

also, there are a million billion goddamn webcomics on the internet right now. webcomics have been oversatured for 20 years. dont worry about not getting any readers. just make your thing, do your best to make it good, and if it eventually becomes good youll find an audience at some point.

It's okay, in a Tim and Eric/intentionally shitty kind of way. Still not too great, but you could trim the narration a little bit.

this shit is retarded

make more please, never stop following your dreams

Looking at it more, I do like the joke. Its almost like a pictures for sad children joke. Maybe if you were more cynical and hated life a bit more itd be funnier.

Have you tried sabotaging your personal life and relationships to improve your art? Maybe picking up a substance abuse problem? Or becoming disillusioned with the global capitalist hellscape that we are forced to endure?

not really a dream, but more like, had a story and lots of free time, so make a webcomic.

but not getting any readers kinda hurts a bit considering some of the shit webcomics that ar really populare that ive seen.
so thats why im here, get tips.

if you make a whole bunch of comics, people will think you're good

okay thanks! ill try that.
this was really meant to be funny though, just something to get the story going. posted it cuz it made more sense than the actual jokes that happen over longer sets of panels.

>but not getting any readers kinda hurts a bit considering some of the shit webcomics that ar really populare that ive seen.

These webcomics have been going for years (decades for some) and it took years to get to that point. You cannot become an overnight sensation.

If you really want to kickstart things, see if you can join a webcomic network like Hiveworks or something.

This guy fixed the joke.

>This guy fixed the joke.
Subjective, I think it was funnier with the redundancies

Why do you have to state that my opiniĆ³n is subjective? Of course it is.

His is better.

just do your best dude.
could you do the same for my comics?

no, his is objectively funnier. fuck off, faggot.

No offense but you will never reach the perfect comedy formula in 3 panel. the golden number is 4.

The first and second panels need more narration to contrast with how concise the last panel is. Something like:
>"This is ducky the duck. He used to live here with his family."
>"Until one day, a wizard from the magic lands appeared and kill them."
>"You have to admit that's pretty cool."

Objectivley his joke is funnier because the punchline isnt hidden underneath exposition

Subjectivley you have no sensr of humor

>"This is ducky the duck. He used to live here with his family."
>"Until one day, a wizard from the magic lands appeared and kill them."
>>"still, You have to admit that was pretty cool."

Fuck I think I see loss in that.

What? Fucking where?
These edits are getting 2subtle4me