Can someone explain to me why Sonic turned back into "Classic Sonic" in the latest issue?

Can someone explain to me why Sonic turned back into "Classic Sonic" in the latest issue?

because it's better

It's a flashback arc.

Anniversery tie-in.

It's an arc about Sonic 1 and 2, so they use Classic Sonic.

>Flickies

Shit dude, how long has it been since we saw them last?

In comics or games?

I think they were in Sonic 4. Or maybe Lost World.

Not that long for either, really. The games used them in Lost World, and the comics have them as background stuff all the time.

I love when autistic folk are supremely baffled by non-linear continuity.

All the classic Badniks and small animals appeared in Lost World, it was one of the few cool things about that game.

Both correct.

was adding humans to Sonic comics/games a good idea?

No one but apparently you has a problem with Dr. Ivo Eggman Robotnik existing.

Humans are not needed in a Sonic game, but it did worked nicely in Unleashed imo

he's not a human he's an eggman

To me it always seemed like a weak attempt to equal Toads/Piantas.

Its only bad when its uncanny valley, or the tone is hilariously way too somber to begin with for a Sonic story. Or when you have an absolutely shitty kid like Chris Thorndyke that takes characters' roles.

No he's the walrus.

Was it?

Yes. The only human should be Robotnik.

It's a basic flashback arc to show off some early in-universe history. The book hadn't been able to show that off due to the very long and overly drawn out previous arc, so now is the chance to explore the origins.

On top of that, Classic Sonic was the focus this whole year from SEGA even before they announced the games and with Mega Drive selling well, it all adds up with being the right time to do a past/Classic arc.

Archie also probably hopes it'll boost the sales, as they have been falling since the unexpected multi-month hiatus that happened early this year.