Anyone here read peanuts? ive read the first 10 years of the strip so far...

anyone here read peanuts? ive read the first 10 years of the strip so far, it was alright although it only made me LOL a few times. i heard the 60s is the best decade for the strip so we'll see

Other urls found in this thread:

entertainment-industry.knoji.com/the-3d-films-of-the-1950s/
twitter.com/SchulzMuseum
gocomics.com/peanuts/1972/10/04
youtu.be/F7xFrJxdIBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why do you keep subjecting yourself to something you're not enjoying

Because I do that by waking up every day, so torturing myself with one more thing isn't too big a difference

im enjoying it, ive learned some stuff about 1950s culture too. sam snead, ms. frances, dr spock. they had 3d movies in 1953 I did not know that

>they had 3d movies in 1953 I did not know that

Yeah it was briefly a big thing back then, mainly because television started becoming more and more prominent (and affecting theatre revenue) and the movie studios needed something to compete.

entertainment-industry.knoji.com/the-3d-films-of-the-1950s/

I grew up with Peanuts. Had a number of strip collections that were hand-me-downs.
I love (almost) all the characters.

Apparently, some purists hate Snoopy, because they felt he irreversibly changed the tone of the strip from kids dealing with the harshness of reality by dealing with it to dealing with it through escapism or something.

I think Schultz himself sometimes regretted creating Snoopy's siblings, and I agree that as characters they didn't really add anything of value, but I love them all regardless. I already adored Snoopy as a kid, and if you give a dog a bunch of quirky, adorable siblings you can't expect a kid to not fall in love with them.

Woodstock might be my favorite

no

Got me through grade school growing up. Used to constantly reborrow hardcovers from the school's library. I was pretty sad when Charles Schulz died. My dad had given me the final comic strip clipped out from a newspaper, and now I kinda regret losing it even though it's available online nowadays.

>he made his last strip several days before he died, knowing, feeling his death come

Shame that Patty faded into the background later on. At least Violet had the occasional story about her dad to fall back on.

Peanuts was one of my favorite comics as a kid, I felt a lot of closeness to Charlie Brown as a complete loser who nobody liked much. His ability to continue without any chance of success inspired me as much as it baffled me, and it got me through a really shitty time of my life. The comic's ability to be mean or depressing without making the world pointless or joy completely impossible felt like a source of hope.

Lucy's character made a lot more sense with them around

The strips are good but the movie is hectic.

This.

When my eyes are open, I see the ground

Would you marry a Lucy?

Nope.

Would you hug a Sally?

Follow this official account of Schulz Museum.
You can read Peanuts in connection with current events everyday.

twitter.com/SchulzMuseum

I don't get these gags and I don't understand the humor behind a lot of these types of comics.

I got the first one (metaphor for adult life scenario + reversal of expectation; why would he refuse to eat dirt but eat sand? Both are non-foods.) but the second one doesn't do anything for me.

KELLY DID IT AGAIN

No, she'd probably just cry

Would you bone a Genevieve?

>2015
>Schultz in hell being jealous
Is there something I'm not getting, or is the composer just a fuckwit trying to make a joke out of nothing but a hateboner?

oh fukk wrong post ignore my faggotry

Define bone

I haven't seen a fuck up this bad since people blindly responded to a William Shatner tweet without knowing what he was actually talking about.

I always saw it as a joke about how women always complain about boys always just licking the icing off cakes. But your interpretation makes sense too.

The second one is just dogs being silly.

The second strip has more to do with the absurdity of dogs roleplaying WWI and instead of alcoholic beverages they go for root beer.

>I always saw it as a joke about how women always complain about boys always just licking the icing off cakes.
I agree with that too. (I was that guy who ate the icing)

Ahh, that would be it. Thanks.

You know user, get ruff in her stuff

Oh, I thought you might be inferring the act of putting a long, skeletal organ in her mouth.

My answer is _no.

rats

Explain.

I'm afraid I'm more of a caturday guy.

I knew it!

A few days ago, Shatner posted "Let's face the facts; the world has changed today as we wake up to an unimaginable outcome." in response to a Tweet.

People thought he was talking about the election and so the Trump supporters and Trump haters responded.

But if you actually clicked through the tweet Shatner responded to, you'd actually see that Shatner was jokingly talking about the new Toblerone change.

>new Toblerone change.
Just looked this up, what the hell.

I used to love Tobelones.

The change is literally just removing half the chocolate?

Is that even legal?

>Apparently, some purists hate Snoopy, because they felt he irreversibly changed the tone of the strip from kids dealing with the harshness of reality by dealing with it to dealing with it through escapism or something.pparently, some purists hate Snoopy, because they felt he irreversibly changed the tone of the strip from kids dealing with the harshness of reality by dealing with it to dealing with it through escapism or something.

I agree with this to a certain extent. I don't think that him or his familly or Woodstock are bad characters but when their long, drawn-out adventures start to become a regular fixture it clashes with the rest of the strip somewhat.

I think it would have been better if Shultz had made two separate serials, the regular Peanuts in which Snoopy is just a weird dog and then another in which he or another Dog like him goes on all of those out-there imaginary adventures.

It's funny cause in an interview he kind of felt similarly when they introduced Eugene the Jeep in Popeye.

he even killed him for it

170g to 150g

>not knowing about patented Air(c) technologie

>anyone here read peanuts

pic related

> ive read the first 10 years of the strip so far, it was alright although it only made me LOL a few times.

I've read the first a decade more than once and absolutely love it, particularly the late 50s. The 60s won't be as bleak and cynical as what you've read in the 50s, if you care for that.

Cool. I think my local libraries only had about 5 books of the first two decades.

Woodstock is cute.

see

My local library has nothing Peanuts related, actually, it's difficult to get anything Peanuts related in the UK.

Really? Ausfag here, btw.

I guess we have more American cultural influence here.

Remember when Snoopy was a spy who witnessed the murder of his fellow operative by rabbits? Because I sure as fuck do and desire links. THOMPSON IS IN TROUBLE.

I think the presence of Peanuts here is no greater than a few greeting cards and merchandise, little presence of the comic strip.

Peanuts wasnt really a thing in the UK compared to the Simpsons and Scooby Doo

gocomics.com/peanuts/1972/10/04

Schulz's son produced the movie so that money would've gone to him. Not that I've ever actually met him but I can't imagine him being that much of an asshole.

I'd like to get these books someday but 25 of them is a huge investment.

I do have a bunch of these older 60s and 70s books like pic related though.

It is a huge investment, yes, must say the ones on my shelf is years of accumulating an I don't think I would be completing any time soon.

In some ways I'd like to have the Fawcett Crest/HRW paperbacks for the sake of being able to carry them to read at convenient leisure.

So did this ever happen in the actual strip?

My situation with what I've got is this.
>I have no idea what order these books go in or if they even printed the strips in chronological order
>The books I have were collected from various antique shops over the years throughout my childhood. Some of them are in poor condition
>Paper quality also isn't best given the time these were printed
>They're also small in size compared to other comic collections I own
>I wouldn't be surprised if I also had a lot of duplicate strips considering a lot of them say "Selected cartoons from this other book" on the cover

So I guess for me, it's more about a complete chronological collection and having something that looks nice on a shelf. If I wanted random assortments of strips, I could just keep the older collections I already have and look up some cheaper compilations of later strips. I have a bunch of the recent Donald Duck books from Fantagraphics so I know how good the quality of their collections are. Maybe once I get some Christmas money, I'll look around and see if I can find any earlier volumes for cheaper second hand or something.

Considering that Charles Schulz disowned the animated adaptations aside from Merry Christmas Charlie Brown, either that author is being ironic or genuinely ignorant when it comes to Charles Schulz.

I meant more the whole holding up of the kid and presenting him to be beaten up, but that's pretty horrifying if they're the same one

>disowned
I thought he just said they weren't canon, even merry christmas

Wait, so did he actually hit the kid, or maybe the kid hit him?

Pretty sure it was implied that he went apeshit on the kid

This is right, but due to habit I took it as Charlie Brown got BTFO by the little kid.

Damn, my niggah Charlie Brown was a playa.

Charlie Brown is a good onii-chan.

I don't see how being fed literal dirt makes you a playa.

Yes yes, that's all well and good, but would you put your pepper in peppermint patty??

Well, is spanish playa means beach.

hahaaaaa

But don't beaches have sand on them, not in them?

>anyone here read Peanuts?
>anyone here listen to The Beatles?
>anyone here watch The Walking Dead?
>anyone here own a dog?
>anyone here have parents?

No OP, you're literally the only one.

i never watched the walking dead

Cool

youtu.be/F7xFrJxdIBg

Same.