Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BA3OW40-qaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9JkshtYh3ME
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas
youtube.com/watch?v=pAwR6w2TgxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fix your shit.
Mulan is an official disney princess.

Bitch fucking earned it through sheer badassery alone.

Also, technically I think Anna and Elsa haven't been officially made Disney Princesses yet.

My favorites (including non royalty) would be Tiana, Meg, as Mulan

why even rapunzel

*And Mulan
I'm also partial to Rapunzel and Esmeralda

Elsa is a Queen. Her parents died and she inherited the throne.

It don't mean shit when Jane is the cutest and has the most personality.

She's the best.

She is still not part of a monarchy, nor holding hereditary titles.
She was raised to official badass, but she refused all court positions and is part of a Confucian system, so her kids would have to get an education and official positions for themselves to go anywhere.

All of the Disney Princesses are great.

>No redhead princesses in excellent tier, or even great tier.
Awful taste

There's only two. Merida didn't actually accomplish anything & Ariel was recklessly spoiled.

Neither did Cinderella but everybody just accepts her as "princess".

Cinderella married Prince Charming. By Disney logic, that makes her a princess.

Yeah, except she married a prince which would get her up into the rungs of royalty, personal titles or no.
Getting hit on by a general doesn't do that.

>Jumanji
>Shit tier
>When your two meme princesses are at the top
What the fuck are you thinking?

Nigga, Queen Elsa?

Jumanji? You mean Jasmine?

Elsa was formerly a princess but will always be royalty, much like Snow White is technically a queen since her stepmother was killed.

Nah, I'm talking about the Disney Princess line.

Disney has officially held coronation ceremonies for these princesses and these princesses alone.

It's honestly more of a marketing maneuver, giving a falling IP a hype boost.
That's why Anna and Elsa haven't been coronated yet. Frozen was such a huge deal they don't feel the need to rush the official coronation.

If we were talking only LITERAL princesses:
>Pocahontas is iffy, as she's the daughter of a tribal leader. It's not exactly a princess, but close enough I suppose
>Merida has the same problem. She's the daughter of the clan's head. Not an official monarchy, but the idea is close enough.
>Belle too. Beast seemed to be more of a duke or something, not a prince.
>Cinderella, Aurora, Tiana, and Snow are not exactly princesses, they're queens in waiting having married princes
>Megara and Jane marry things that are not princes, but they are "kings" of their own right. One is a god, the other the "king of the jungle" so being here is kinda eh.
>Esmarelda and Mulan married military men. They're not anywhere near princesses.

>cgi memeshit in excellent
>no eilonwy

fuck off OP

Whoops, fucked up that one.
Cinderella, and Tiana are the only two that weren't princesses to start with.

Eilonwy ain't a woman. And wasn't she not technically a princess but just paraded around as one?

>nigger above Ariel and Belle
'no'

Pocahontas is an American Princess by legend.

Merida was totally a princess. She was the daughter of a king and queen. However, she was Pixar...

Belle married the Beast, also referred to as The Prince but not the same The Prince as Snow White.

Cinderella & Tiana married princes. Snow White & Aurora were born princesses.

Hercules turned down godhood, therefore Megara cannot inherit any titles through him.

Esmeralda, Megara, Mulan, & Jane are all sectioned off as non-royalty.

What does that make her, anyway?
I mean, succession laws are terribly complicated and we really don't have a clue about how theirs works, do we?
Also, she could be getting titles on the downlow to make this marriage not so far below his standing.

Well, nomenclature is really inconsistent. If you look at any HRE member, the heads of state would be called princes, regardless of their holdings. The king of Bohemia would be a prince of the HRE.

Also did Mulan actually marry her putative faggot? I don't really remember that bit.

You take that back & call Bulda that.

Never heard of the Pocahontas one.
Forgot Merida's parents were refered to as king/queen
Didn't remember them calling Beast a prince at all. Been a long time since I watched it I guess.
Said I fucked up the Snow/Aurora bit.
And yeah, I get putting those in the "not princess" catagory.

But if you're going to throw in those and not just be talking about the official Disney Princesses, why not add in
>The princess from Enchanted
>Alice. Honestly, the whole "princess of heart" shit from Kingdom Hearts used to make me think she was actually royal.
>etc.

Putting Megara, Jane, and Esmerelda in there even as honorary mentions makes things confusing

Gypsies got best hipsies

>2016
>Using the racism meme
I'm joking of course

Even so
>Not wanting to become a slave master to a strong and healthy negress like Tainan

Awful taste

>Tainan
This phone's autocorrect baffles me
Tiana, obviously

Yeah, correct. Mulan is an official Disney Princess, Elsa and Anna are not.

>the lesbian, pseudo-feminist, and black are in the top four
Damn fucking straight I'll fite you.

>Hercules
>Prince of the Gods
>Meg
>Non-Royalty

>did Mulan actually marry her putative faggot?

youtube.com/watch?v=BA3OW40-qaQ

He shows up at the end of Mulan at her family's place, spills his spaghetti and stays for dinner.
Then Mulan 2 is all about them getting married. They get engaged one month after the first movie, then shit happens and Mulan is almost married to some faggy prince as a war hero.
But Mushu impersonates a diety basically and marries Mulan and Shang and fixes everything.

Belle is the best. Anna is better than Elsa. Esmeralda and Meg are better than all the others.

Whether or not someone is a "Disney Princess" has shit-all to do with whether or not they can be considered royalty in their storylines.

Disney Princess is a franchise line ran by Disney. They "coronate" heroines into it as they see fit. If a heroine gets coronated into the Disney Princess line, they're an official Disney Princess even if they're not even nobility let alone a princess in their story canon, like Mulan. But on the other hand, simply being a princess in one's own story won't make someone a Disney Princess if they're not officially coronated into the line, which is the case with Eilonwy or Anna, for example, neither of whom are official Disney Princesses.

Fucking vomit inducing.

>vomit
*boner

It just dawn unto me

Can Vanellope be counted as a Disney Princess?

Fixed.

Is Elena in the Disney Princess line ?

Fuck you, she counts.

Fucking direct to video shit ruining my point and franchises.
Also, is there any reference as to how many men he even commands?
Chinese armies could be anything from tiny ad-hoc suppression forces to basically mobile countries.
And they had to be. Given that their robber bands could grow to become basically states in their own right with fortresses and shit.

Sure, but OP started the discussion of who would actually have what title, if any.
Anna is baffling, though. I mean, that's like the only movie where that really matters and politics is a point.
Eilonwy is largely forgotten, much like her movie. Not to mention she decidedly played second fiddle.
But, didn't they recognise Leia now, too?

No. If a girl hasn't been coronated into the Princess line, they're not a Disney Princess.

Iirc there's currently 11 official princesses:

Snow White
Aurora
Cinderella
Ariel
Belle
Jasmine
Mulan
Pocahontas
Tiana
Rapunzel
Merida

and that's it.

Anna and Elsa were pretty obviously created with the intention to eventually include them in the official Princess lineup. It's why their face characters have meet and greets in the official Princess hall or whatever in some parks and there's been dolls and stuff released that makes it look like they're treated like legit DP's already.

However, my guess is that Frozen as a franchise is still pumping out so much money and selling so well they're not willing to slap Elsa and Anna into the Disney Princess franchise yet.

I haven't heard of Leia having been coronated into the DP lineup.

youtube.com/watch?v=9JkshtYh3ME
Not sure how you feel about these faggots, but he explains pretty well how Leia ISN'T an official Disney Princess as she doesn't pass the qualifications exactly, and how it's not likely she will anytime.

As for Shang's army.
He only commanded a small, new battalion in Mulan.
Not sure if he got an upgrade after the end or not.

Well, her planet was btfu and she was addressed as general in the last movie.
And it's a marketing category, not a complete list of every Disney-owned character who holds a title.
Plus they probably shy away from the whole cokehead lounging around in a bikini aspect of it.

Leia has been present in a number of Disney events, but not been made part of the line, despite the obvious demands by everyone and their dog. She would probably be crossing the streams here, coming out of a very different kind of franchise, being an adult politician from the beginning and dragging an entire "outsider" franchise behind her.

You would expect that, but then again, China and standing armies.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas
>Title and status
>Pocahontas has been considered in popular culture to be a princess. In 1841, William Watson Waldron of Trinity College, Dublin, in Ireland, published Pocahontas, American Princess: and Other Poems, calling Pocahontas "the beloved and only surviving daughter of the king".[20] Indeed, Pocahontas was a favorite of her father's—his "delight and darling", according to the colonist Captain Ralph Hamor[21]—but she was not in line to inherit a position as a weroance, subchief, or mamanatowick (paramount chief). Instead, Powhatan's brothers, sisters, and his sisters' children all stood in line to succeed him.[22] In his A Map of Virginia John Smith explained how matrilineal inheritance worked among the Powhatans:
>>His [Powhatan's] kingdom descendeth not to his sonnes nor children: but first to his brethren, whereof he hath three namely Opitchapan, Opechanncanough, and Catataugh; and after their decease to his sisters. First to the eldest sister, then to the rest: and after them to the heires male and female of the eldest sister; but never to the heires of the males.

>> Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a young prince lived in a shining castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was spoiled, selfish, and unkind.

Giselle is a commoner who never married Prince Edward.

No Princesses originating from television shows.

How the hell is Anna up there? She's shit's shit.

Alice wasn't included because she is not a woman in her animated film.

Well, Snow White & Ariel are not women either, but Ariel becomes one & I'm afraid that's all woman Snow White is going to get if that's all she's got at fourteen.

Vanellope is not a woman nor will ever be a woman. She's doomed to be forever young. She also dissolved the monarchy, so she's technically not royalty.

Hercules declined godhood, so he's essentially not a prince.

Jane may be a Countess, depending on whether or not that carried over from the books. I can't remember if the show ever brought up Tarzan's royal lineage.

Anna is a retarded whore.

>Merida and Anna in shit tier
>Elsa in Excellent
>Cinderella and Ella Fitzgerald above Ariel and Belle

You talk like a fag and your shit is all retarded.

Anna & Elsa was supposed to be coronated to the Disney Princess line but Elsa was too popular to be stuck with princess plebs.

I don't think age is really a factor. here.

According to the shit i've heard, the qualifications to be an official Disney Princess is

All of the below
>Be human (Ariel gets an exception for some dumb reason)
>Be animated
>Be female
>Be the leading lady in an original movie (no sequels, so Ariel's daughter doesn't count)
>Have enough box office success to be marketable and worth a damn to Disney.

Then one of the below
>Be born royal
>Marry royalty
>Perform an outstanding heroic act

Why wouldn't Merida & Anna be in shit tier?

Ariel became a human.

Jasmine was not the protagonist in the film she originated from.

The last qualification only applies to Mulan & it's really a thinly-veiled attempt to add diversity.

OP only considers noblewomen, so no girls that have not reached their teens.

Belle belongs at the bottom.

Move jasmine up to excellent and the list is perfect

Can someone add Kairi to the Dishonorable Mention tier?

While I know Mulan isn't from Japan, but from China.
I atleast know in Japan, that non-royal, noble females are often called by the "-hime" title which means "princess".
But then again, when used on non-royals, it is more a baroness/duchess/countess equal title, but it still mean princess.

Think China got a similar way.

So... she IS a princess, without being royal in any way...

Aurora is my favorite princess..

Feet

I love her.

>no Alice in elder god tier

SHIT
H
I
T

I want to fuck Esmeralda and her goat so hard.

i like you. didn't think to add Venelope, my daughteru.

so, to fite the nigg, see pic related.

alice is an icon among fictional charcaters. she's not a princess, but a literary god.

she can fight Cthulhu....

prepare your acid drops, bros....

youtube.com/watch?v=pAwR6w2TgxY

Snow White is adorable, naive and kind strange so I'm fine with her.

God i love Pogo's music so much.

Are you measuring character that are royalty or official "Disney Princesses".

This is the dumbest thing I've read on Sup Forums today

who wouldn't associate "princess" with "girl"

a queen is a woman

Woman as in has bled/boobs came in.

Both. All the characters included are at least in their teens, are women, & have been featured in the Disney Princess line one way or another (for example, Jane was featured in the DP magazine).