Did you catch today's episode of Thunderbirds, Sup Forums?

Did you catch today's episode of Thunderbirds, Sup Forums?

>A transport ship carrying colonists heads straight into an asteroid belt.

youtube.com/watch?v=6mT4_p8s7Jg

Other urls found in this thread:

primeseries.to/serie/Thunderbirds_Are_Go_(2015)
youtube.com/watch?v=uISTO7G88q8
youtube.com/watch?v=oTEB1oP3FQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why doesn't Sup Forums love this show? It's a fine piece of work.

If I knew where it were on here, I'd give it a peek.

primeseries.to/serie/Thunderbirds_Are_Go_(2015)

The official Thunderbirds channel has a full episode up.
youtube.com/watch?v=uISTO7G88q8

Eh. Unless you put a lot of effort into cinematography, CG just looks a bit depressing. Stiff character animations are a problem too.

You DO know what Thunderbirds is, right?

>they used to use puppets so it's okay

Please don't say that's what you're trying to say

That's exactly what I'm saying. They went to a lot of effort to preserve the look and feel of Thunderbirds in this, and I'm glad they did. It's exactly what it needed to be.
youtube.com/watch?v=oTEB1oP3FQE

>Animation is decent
>Stories are tight and well written (considering)
>Is fucking THUDNDERBIRDS through and through

There's not a whole lot to complain about, so Sup Forums has no interest in it.

Although the scale sets and the occasional scale mech (can't say I've seen an episode with any of those though) are definitely a nice touch, I still think the animations are much too fluid and erratic, without any of the slow purposeful movements that the original relied upon. Everything from the movement to the dialogue, and even the plot progression, used to be deliberate and intense. The new show is more light and careless, to the point that everything loses its impact.

I'm not saying it's a bad show, but it has different goals than the original. The original was for everybody, but this incarnation is clearly for the kids. Easy viewing with fun and simple structure.

I am a fan of the Thunderbirds universe being fleshed out though, but that alone doesn't change my opinion too much.

As an additional note: I like the new designs too. Less generic and standardised, but more fit for purpose. Like they're actual utility and rescue vehicles first, and a secret super-cool organisation second.

holy shit, get over yourself

Possibly the meanest way you could say "I'm not interested in that kind of discussion, sorry."

Not everybody has the same values and interests as you. Please try not to lash out in insults when you notice these differences.

>but this incarnation is clearly for the kids.
I hate to break it to you, champarino, but the original was made for kids as well.

BTW shit's gonna get real next week

Up From the Depths - Part 1
>Gordon ventures deep into the Marianas trench to rescue a survey team, and ends up discovering an early International Rescue prototype vehicle once flown by Jeff Tracy.

Man, I love the new pods. The idea of them being an all purpose "swiss army knife" type device is perfect.

The Zero-X isn't canon?!
Rock snakes aren't canon?!

I wouldn't exactly agree with that. It's like the distinction between family films and a children's films. They're both for kids, but one branches out to include everybody else, like most Pixar films for example. They're not as complex as purely adult entertainment, but there's enough there to engage anybody.

Sure they are, to the old series. This is the new series.

Dude. DUDE. Thunderbirds was for kids. There's nothing wrong with liking it at any age, but don't delude yourself.

No, you don't understand! I want them canon in this series too!

I like how spooky they made Mars look in the old movie. The rock snakes were scary as a kid.

In case anyone is wondering, "F.A.B." is short for fabulous.

>Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
- C.S Lewis