Marvel Hip Hop Variants

What were they thinking? Who thought this was a good idea? Why are they still happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Marvel-Hip-Hop-Covers-Vol-1/dp/1302902334
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stories don't sell as much as variants do.

WEZ SUPERHEROS N SHEEIT

They are making money on movies. No one cares about comics themselves so they are just fucking around at this point.

I don't understand variants. People buy them because they think they'll appreciate in value, but things only appreciate in value because people want them.

So that Batman Adventures where Harley first showed up? People will want that, and it's tough to find because collectors didn't horde kids' comics. It's rare and desirable, so it has value.

But who in god's name is going to wake up in 20 years and want a Miles Morales comic with a weird rap album cover? It's not even like its Miles' first appearance or anything, or a special story, where if Miles became inexplicably popular in the future people would want it. It's just a stupid piece of art slapped on a random comic.

I found it to be a mildly amusing theme, nothing more or less. My favorite is Squirrel Girl's.
Was this ever amusing?

It's the idea that it's a "special" cover, that it's not the mass-printed regular cover. That's the bait.

Also, something something popculture mix-up sells, like those dumb T-Shirts that mixes two franchises and sells because normies who likes those two franchises would.

Considering that ebonics and ghetto dickheads have now ruined comics, they deserve every form of degredation and humiliation they get.

I think the problem lies in your backyard. It's white men and women patting themselves on the back as they push this whole Characters of color thing.

amazon.com/Marvel-Hip-Hop-Covers-Vol-1/dp/1302902334
It makes for an interesting coffee table book. But then they fucked up and didn't get the rights to use (or even mention) the album covers they took inspiration from so fuck it the collection is worthless now.

Didn't even make Doom the cover for Madvillian, fuck Marvel

Yes, that was the point of this promotion.

>Doom wasn't the cover for Madvillian
>Instead we got Whor
What the fuck Marvel

Because people like variants i suppose? These aren't even particularly bad, some of them lok pretty cool even.

>white are evil
you are right, I am going to live in central africa, care to join?

That was supposed to be Madvillain?

Fucking hell that looks like shit.

>It's another stealth "I hate black people and them having nice things" thread.

>comic cover variants hip hop or otherwise
>belonging exclusively to the black community

All the albums covers paid homage have been by black artists. I'm not saying comic book variants belong to black people. I'm saying people are triggered by black people getting nice things.

I think it's a combination of it'll only increase in value, if I'm going to own it I may as well get the rarer one and I just want it because it's rare.

People don't care about Greg Land variants for example and they never will (bar when he dies) but 1:x variants where x is a stupid number are always enough to attract some interest.

>Let's bring race into it.
>Why?
>Why not?

I want Sup Forums to fucking leave Sup Forums.

>But who in god's name is going to wake up in 20 years and want a Miles Morales comic with a weird rap album cover?

I am #woke

I would because I like Miles and I like Nas. Things have value. You might not see the value but other people do. There are people who collect Happy Meal/Kids' meal toys from before they were born because they see value in them.

These are the only variants I'm interested in and they tend to get sold out before I get to my LCS most times so somebody wants them.