Driving

That feel when driving is my only real hobby besides posting on Sup Forums.

I fucking love driving (manual of course).
On almost every weekend I just drive 200-300 kilometers out of fun.

When cars get an autopilot in the future, I will kill myself.

Other polacks here, who feel the same?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cC9fCJw5GvQ
tailofthedragon.com/
vimeo.com/45809660
youtube.com/watch?v=zJqLH8EA2rM
youtube.com/watch?v=yergWdn968o
youtube.com/watch?v=rSGnNMnvM6M
youtube.com/watch?v=LYOtZvwNCsc
youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Every summer I'd drive across the country and just check out random towns and how people live. I didn't get the chance to do so this year though.

Autobahn, das ist gut!

I wouldn't go that far, but driving is in fact one of those day to day little things that I really enjoy and that keeps me sane enough to keep on with all this pointless suffering.

>pointless suffering
Its true, you can fuck a girl, but still have to deal with her insanity.
Cars however, are consistently a pleasure.

Highways in US are boring as shit

Yes, but I don't drive just to speed on the Autobahn.
I also like remote country roads (yes remote roads exist in Germany)

>tfw you can only afford a bike

Driving and riding motorcycles is my biggest joy in life as well. Makes me feel so free. Driving without a destination is the best.

You better find the smaller roads then.

New England is ok.

I don't know why Euros drive cars when you guys got the best mopeds ever made by man.

>Taking a picture of a desert road
>All roads in America are like this

You're on the wrong highways then. Check out highway 12 through Utah and tell me it wasn't simply jaw-dropping.

>see post
>see flag

It checks out.

I'm buying a car probably in the new year, I'm torn between a BMW Saloon, probably a 3 series, and a Nissan 370Z. What do I get?

>love driving, hate drivers

>know a girl from my uni
>tells me her friend works in "mountain village", 150km away
>she visits him every weekend by train

>ask her why she use shitty Deutsche Bahn and not her car

>"well there is a very curvy road with heavy slopes on the way. I don't dare to drive that road"

>triggered
>Next weekend
>drive 150km just to drive that road
>No problem.jpg, I know harder roads.

Feeling superior

How do you feel about cyclists?

I have to drive about 20miles to work each day along country roads and constantly come across cyclists who deliberately hot the middle of the road or just pull out of side-roads without looking, making me have to slam on the breaks.

Fuck I hate cyclists.

The worst are the 70+ farts, which think the street code from 1960 or so is still valid.

>he doesn't ride a motorcycle

I'm really glad the cyclists where I live tend not to make pests of themselves. It's nice to not have to hate them or to act vindictively toward them.

Yesssss

That's the American restlessness, breh.

that's creepily strange, superiorbro

Pls don't harm that poor girl.

I'm moving back to the states soon, I hope I can find other things to occupy my time than the internet.

Self-improvement stuff.

That looks awesome, I wanna go plinkin' on those hills with my .22

>tfw driving drunk or on mushrooms 180km/hr

I drive this for work as a courier 200-300ish miles a day.all over New England.. it is also a six speed Getrag manual on a 4.0 liter V8 32 valves but you know that already..

Your first car? Unless you have a lot of money the insurance on the 370Z will be to expensive even if you're past 25 years of age. A 3 series BMW should be doable as long as you're not 18. I happen to drive one at the moment myself.

wow you went through a curvy road presumably full of speed limits of 40kph and average speed cams.

the PCH is the most filmed highway in the world.

>funding (((Arab oil))) royalty just for some escapism
piggu disgusting

Here is my favorite road in the region I drive whenever I am able.

youtube.com/watch?v=cC9fCJw5GvQ

fast forward to 2:45 when they enter the mountains

Get on my level plebs

>manual
I drive manual everyday (company car) but nothing beats automatic.

I feel you OP. I have an automatic car for getting from point A to point B. When I want to just relax and drive I get my bike out and hit the road.

I literally did that last night.
>be 20 but not going to college
>literally zero people to hang out with
>wait until 10:00 on Saturday night
>electronic music starts playing on radio station
>I don't even like electronic, but it's kickass driving music
>speed down the empty expressway the state built for God knows what reason
>creep down spooky backroads
>cruise past the normies bar hopping downtown
>do this for 2 hours
It was a huge waste of gas and it was worth it.

tailofthedragon.com/

What car do you drive?

here is a bike mounted vid FROM where this video ended the rest of the way EAST ro the interstate 91

vimeo.com/45809660

livin' the dream

this is my ride. am I based alpha master of life?

>That feel when driving is my only real hobby besides posting on Sup Forums.
Same here.
My guilty pleasure is playing the OST of retro videogames like street fighter 2 or r-type and then driving at night.

20 years ago yes.
Now everything is open all hours, I used to like driving to the coast on boxing day, everything was shut, there was nobody about on the road.
you had to search to find somewhere to eat.

Now its yet another shopping day and as manic as any other day here.

Zundapp > Kreidler > Puch

>Manual of course
Unless you're going off-road everywhere you go and/or driving a Unimog, you're a fool because you're making driving more difficult with no real reward or anything to gain from manual transmission versus an automatic transmission. Furthermore, no one is impressed with you using a manual transmission, and it is not a "redpilled" thing to drive a car which features a manual transmission, just because a few arrogant eurocucks claim they do so.

"If it's got tits or wheels, you're gonna have problems"

t. My old man

Kek. I spent a few weeks in the US earlier this year, and one of the greatest things was to rent a car in Arizona and drive on these long and empty highways, through red rock formations etc.

Maybe it's because I'm living in the UK and it's a crammed bunghole of a place, I guess I was enjoying the vastness and the empty spaces.

US roadtrips are god-tier if you're from Europe.

Should play some good old 80s synthwave when you're night driving senpai

I do the same but off-road.

Auto-fag cluth-destroyer detected.

Burgers are all the same.

Pic related: it's (you)

I did this too but on Friday.
Driving is one of the few things that keep me going at this point. Hitting the togue is all I have left

They are the worst. They are a hazard to drivers and pedestrians alike and yet claim right-of-way over both most of the time. Worst fitness demographic ever.

went with a group of friends on our sportbikes.
aside from the truckers that somehow think they can travel this road, the cops every 100 feet, and the normies that drive vans filled with children that go 10mph it was pretty fun. not fun enough to go again but pretty fun. i prefer the backroads near me in PA 2bh

Used to drive the Blue ridge parkway pretty much every weekend before I moved north. Awesome fucking road. Just don't get caught speeding in the VA parts:

>Driving 20 mph over the speed limit classifies as reckless driving in Virginia law. That offense is not a mere traffic citation, but a Class One criminal misdemeanor punishable by a $2,500 fine and up to a year in jail

youtube.com/watch?v=zJqLH8EA2rM

youtube.com/watch?v=yergWdn968o

youtube.com/watch?v=rSGnNMnvM6M

youtube.com/watch?v=LYOtZvwNCsc

youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co

I just took a massive roadtrip in what I thought was a shitty mitsubishi. But that motherfucker had tons of nifty little gatgets and it got a swear like 60 mpg. It really got me to start thinking about Japan. What the fuck, you know?

Anyway about autonomous vehicles, they've never been proven to be as safe as human drivers and for all the talk about 50k drivers killed on the road, human driving is incredibly safe...we'll hear more and more about accidents caused by retarded AI in the near future. Maybe this is just a fad? And also fuck Tesla and its faggot egotistical elitist know-it-all ceo musk. I fucking hate that guy more than just because he's subsidized darling of the left whoring bitch who talks the talk...I don't know where I was going with that. I just hate his guts.

When in a road such as that one, I'd love to just go out of the car and walk into the wastes, for no reason in particular or anywhere to go. Just take a bottle of water with me and walk.

I love driving on weekends with my wife and her kids, the only downside is they insist on listening to rap lol

don't you have places like this in north spain? Actually monument valley is spectacular. It's like another planet.

The other guy is a hater.

It's a good way to get a tan too.

>/o/

I like driving too but I am having increasing trouble with my eyesight, to the point my depth perception makes it hard to drive in even normal conditions. I've basically had to stop driving on the highway or in the snow, things I could usually handle.

For example I'm supposed to go to a party about an hour's highway drive away tonight that I have to have a friend drive me to. I've had to skip several times. So I am definitely eagerly awaiting autopilot so I don't have to make it a chore to just see my friends.

But I do feel for those that love driving, as I understand the thrill it can bring and cars are just badass in general. I know it sucks you guys have to take a backseat (terrible pun) just because of subhumans like myself, but autopilot will make the roads safer and make the world better connected (and I don't have to be a shut-in due to my shitty eyes)

Get your eyes checked.

>wife and her kids
>her kids
>listen to rap

You're either a c.u.c.k.or this is some finely crafted b8

got me to respond 9/10

Kek I love it

/o/ is a terrible board, full of teenagers with no car who shitpost endlessly thanks to no moderation.

>that feel when posting on Sup Forums is my only hobby

I love getting in my truck and just going. Even if it's around town, I love to drive.

I get paid Friday. I might go up to Ogden and check out the John Browning museum, then hit up Cabelas just because I can.

I do the exact same. Live in Toronto, so I need to drive a bit out to experience some country roads. I drive manual subaru wrx.

pic related, one of my favorite roads just 30 mins north of the city

>tfw no autobahn
>having to drive under the speed limit in a """"free"""" country

why live?

Dont fall for the autobahn meme, eastern germany autobahn is like a third world freeway and not all of autobahn is without limits

German autobahns have no federally mandated speed limit for some classes of vehicles.[1] However limits are posted (and enforced) in areas that are urbanized, substandard, accident-prone, or under construction. On speed-unrestricted stretches, an advisory speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of 130 kilometres per hour (81 mph) applies. A 2008 estimate reported that 52% of the autobahn network had only the advisory speed limit, 15% had temporary speed limits due to weather or traffic conditions, and 33% had permanent speed limits.[2] Measurements from the German State of Brandenburg in 2006 showed average speeds of 142 km/h (88 mph) on a 6-lane section of autobahn in free-flowing conditions.[3]

You mean Bardenas Reales. It's a rare occurrence in northern Spain. Most desert-like settings are located in southern Spain.

But when talking about getting lost somewhere, there's something special about doing it in some foreign place.

>pic
comfy

Neither. Get a jaguar you limey fuck.

Why thank you.

me 2 op, but I try not to think liberty feels before the brown menace is removed

they like to ride around the lake by me and there are hella trucks pulling bouts and rvs on that road. i fucking hate them. shit already hairy as fuck for some of those big ass trailers and these faggots wanna ride their bike out there taking up hella room. hope they all die and it gets banned.

you're the queen bee of upper 6th giirl

you fell for the bait, retard

>a few

Boy are you in for a surprise billy bob
Even borderline retarded 17 year olds learn and pass in manuals here

>manual of course
just kill yourself already

>road where the trees form almost a circular tunnel
>mountain visible overhead

New Zealand roads are the best.

Having a manual is basically theft insurance. It's ridiculous how many people are afraid of them. Better yet some kind of spring or guide broke in my transmission, so you're shit out of luck trying to use it unless you know where the gears are.

I might pay money for the entertainment of watching somebody try to steal it.

I know how you feel man. I haven't driving on a constant basis for years, but soon I will have to.

You are German. Driving and Germans go hand and hand, and if you want to rule the world. You have to master land, air, and sea.

Speaking of driving. My car is in the shop. I will get it soon. I have to pay about $1,200 in repairs. It was a gift my aunt gave me after my uncle died. It sat in his garbage for a year or two, and it sat on my property for another year or two. It is a 2002 Volkwagen Passat.

I feel the same, but i ride a motorcycle. motorcycle will most likely never be automated but they will probaby just ban them for being to dangerous or some other bullshit.

are european roads like mario kart levels? i dont understand how everyone there drives for fun

Are you fucking shitting me?

"Hey let's sit in a metal box and stare at a yellow line go by for fifteen minutes. Ohp! Here comes a curve! Got to move the steering wheel by one inch!"

It's the most boring, constricting feeling imaginable. Your thoughts aren't even all that free to wander as you have to make sure you aren't going to kill yourself in an accident.

There's not even any interesting radio programming anymore. It's all shit music and political talk. There's no radio drama, no good music, nothing.

Driving is a curse.

Now, a motorbike is different, but you can't really come to work every day on one of those.

Driving really makes me think.

I'm on the same boat man, although I don't have a car yet so I just drive my dad's, which is also like 20 years old.

City driving is too tiring though.

They don't have to commute to work. For them, driving is an occasional thing where you get to go somewhere outside of walking distance, get out and have like 500 things to do from where you parked. They don't understand the horror of urban planning for the automobile. They don't understand ocean-sized parking lots, stop and go driving and realizing that you've spent a quarter of your waking life just watching the pavement go by.

>tfw terrified of driving and I live in a rural town
>don't have a license or know how to drive
>and I live in a rural town

Find a twisty mountain road, and take the corners at moderate speed, it's the best fun you can have, even better on a motorcycle. Also you can use a motorcycle daily.

If you have to focus that hard while cruising i think you have bigger problems, go hit up your local togue and git gud

sounds pretty comfy. so a lot of people there that own cars dont own them out of necessity, they have them specifically to go drive around on the weekend?

How do you keep an atmosphere on a ring world?

Self driving car developer here. You can relax, this shit isn't going to fly any time soon.

I had to commute to work by car for a summer internship once. It was horrible. I literally would rather have to suffer on mass transport than sit in rush hour traffic for two hours a day.

One of my top priorities in choosing where to live is finding a place where I don't need to endure a commute like that. That way it's still a small joy to use my car even if I have to deal with traffic or whatever along the way.