We all know Batman is super-tight with Superman and Wonder Woman, but which one is actually his best-friend...

We all know Batman is super-tight with Superman and Wonder Woman, but which one is actually his best-friend? Clark or Diana?

Diana looks transgender in this.

Clark. World's Finest for a reason.

Are you kidding right now? When has Wonder Woman even come close to being his best friend?

If it's just between those two, then definitely Clark.

In the pre-Nu52 continuity and DCAU cartoons?

DCAU is a mistake but the vast majority of pre-new 52 has Bruce and Clark far closer than Bruce and Diana. Are you talking about a very specific era?

Aren't Superman and Batman just, sorta... they're like Business partners who just have worked together for so long that they both like the others quirks at this point?

That's hardly a best friend.

I can't say Batman and WW were ever as close as Bruce is with Clark, even pre-crisis or post-crisis. Bruce and Clark are basically brothers. They're sweet on each other like Donna, Dick, Wally, and the other TTs were. Diana doesn't hold a candle to it.

Clark.

Will we have an issue where Diana accidentally kisses Bruce, then trying to deny her feelings, saying she's already got another man, Steve Trevor, but eventually succumbing to her emotions and embracing her love for the Batgod?

Supes and Bats are basically family. If Rebirth had pre-nu52 Bruce he'd definitely be Uncle Bruce and Godfather to Jon,

>DCAU is a mistake

Not, it isn't.

World's Finest dude. It's always going to be Clark.

Why Diana is even an option? It's Superman obviously.

Batman is just a bitch ass ningen. He wouldn't know what friendship is, even if it bit him in the face.

Does he? Because he is the only one beside Lana who mourned Superbro.

DCAU was awesome.
>Are you talking about a very specific era?
Diana loved Bruce for the whole pre-new52 after Kelly's run on JLA. But still, Clark is closer firend I guess.
Nu52 is closer to Diana though. Since his superbro is dead, and Superdad looks like remider of death to him.

They're practically gay for each other. Even the occasional, brief fling with Dianna isn't as passionate as Bruce & Clark on a friendly night out.

goddamn user, spoiler that hand shake. this is a blue board!

>Nu52 is closer to Diana though. Since his superbro is dead, and Superdad looks like remider of death to him.

What? No. Geoff Johns himself said that the dynamic in his JL run was that Batman was in "luv" with Wonder Woman while WW was totally oblivious about it and actually hated his guts.

Since rebirth Wonder Woman they have been a lot closer, but that's mostly because before were frenemies and now they're kinda friends or something.

Why was bronze age Superman and Batman so fucking gay for each other? It's like... Jesus. It felt like a 50's romance comic with all the tense and angst.

Geoff said that? I don't believe that. He was thinking about some cool twist with his lasso thing, but he forgot about it in next issue. Nu52 Batman never was in love with anyone. He just fucked few womans. And he was paranoid about WW, that's all. Now thay seems to be okay with each other.

GODS AMONG US is hilarious because you've Wonder Woman throwing all her life and dignity to try to seduce and stay with Superman, but Superman only really cares about Batman's opinion and respect. Everything Superman does is to try and make Batman understand his actions and come over to his fight.

When I first saw this page, I've thought it's after Jason Todd's death. And Clark tried to invite Bruce for some superhero staff, but he declined, because Bruce is sad af about death of Robin. Goddamnit, how I laughted after actually reading this comics.

Reread JL. The whole paranoia thing was because he actually liked her, but like you said nothing came out of it.

The whole thing was a set up for Trinity War, where Superman and Wonder Woman relationship would result in bad shit happening and them breaking up in an ugly way, with Batman in the middle making things worse. But then plans changed because Warner Brothers actually liked the attention the SM/WW pairing received.

Gayer than Kirk and Spock.

Nah, mate. He literally said that he don't want WW to possess superbro with her Injustice ideas.

Look at how he chokes when he tries to address their relationship.

>DCAU is a mistake

dis nigga

Superman/Batman had an entire comic about how they're almost boyfriends. WW never had that.

I don't think he ever said that, provide a source at least.

>calling each other S and B

I think you're the one seeing this through a shipper's lense, it's obvious he didn't want Diana to stir Clark wrong and have Clark justify a "We’re gods we should know better" mentality on her.

Bruce was closer to Clark if anything their relationship worried him, him being in love with Diana is out of the left field since they didn't have much of a relationship.

I thought Batman's only friend was the night

JLA #0 pretty much confirmed Diana as being the third wheel in the Superman/Batmam relationship, she comforts one of them when the other dies, she witnesses both get nervous around each other because they invited Diana to a meeting without telling the other, she talks about their relationship a lot instead of hers with them.

There is even a part where Hal is getting married and Bruce talks to Diana about a betting pool he and some of the other heroes had about who was going to end up getting married first and who was going to marry last of the single heroes (or something like that I can't remember the details). Clark then buts in the conversation and asks all innocently "You guys were really gambling?" Diana looks at him and says "are you serious Clark?" to which Bruce replies "Don't let him fool you Diana, who do you think won the bet?" And then you see Wonder Woman's thought boxes say "When there's three someone always gets left out" the big implication being that she was the one who got left out.

Meh the Batman/WW was just one big sexual attraction, Bruce cared for her but Diana never really understood him and in the end that relationship didn't go anywhere.

DCAU Bruce outside of TBAS is portraited as this emotionally stunted individual who cares for others but in the end ended up all alone. You can argue that Andrea Beaumont was the only person whom Bruce felt really connected to the most but that ship sailed (although in a BB comic he was even willing to give her another chance even that late in their life).

What happened in this?

Sups hands down

>Meh the Batman/WW was just one big sexual attraction, Bruce cared for her but Diana never really understood him and in the end that relationship didn't go anywhere.

That's not true.

Even before Joe Kelly's run on JLA you had bunch of writers trying to move Wonder Woman past the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing by showing that she shared more in common with Batman than Superman. Not in a romantic way, of course.

Then in Kelly's run on JLA you had this slow-burn build up that showed Batman having a strong emotional connection with Wonder Woman, making him capable of breaking a strong magic spell to try and help her, which culminated in their kiss when they were about to die.

What happened after is that Batman was all up for it, but Wonder Woman got cold feet. Then over the years Wonder Woman's writers kept playing with the idea that she was still in love and hung up about Batman. This up till Flashpoint. But this is nothing new. They did the same shit with Superman during the late 80's and 90's.

>Pic
My father wasn't around....

Wonder Woman is a SLUT!

This just gave me an idea where it's basically the spongebob episode where him and Patrick separate and squidward has to get them back together, but instead with Diana as squidward and Bats and Supes as spongebob and Patrick.

I always found weird how DC's editors being fixated on the idea that Batman and Wonder Woman have to remain single

In Wonder Woman's case, before THE NEW 52 reboot, was even weirder, because she had to remain a virgin. She just had. No matter how many love interests her writers tried to introduce shit never went past the first base.

Batman at least could have his trysts with the whole nine yards, even if they had to be brief and be gone after the writers' runs. But still the end was always the same. Not even Catwoman the editors would let see it through.

The best the characters could hope for was the constant teasing of "having feelings".

Thank God Wonder Woman escaped this shit with the reboot, for better or for worse. At least she finally lost her V-Card and managed to experience some sex up in the clouds with Superman, and now it seems that the editors are eager to see the thing Steve Trevor go through.

Pre-Nu52 Wonder Woman couldn't be a slut since she wasn't allowed to have sex. Only in dreams and Elseworlds, and even then only for baby-making purposes.

RIP real heroes.

yes it is

DCAU really fucked up the potential of a lot of villains and made people think things were canon that werent. It also had wildly varying power levels for Superman, and the world of cardboard thing makes no sense. In another episode he fights Darkseid in a spaceship, just the two of them, and doesnt go full power on him. Why the fuck not.

Maybe that's why she was so violent and neck snap happy.

get out Sup Forums

Zack Snyder is literally the only person on the entire planet that cares about consistency. It makes me sad.

>That's hardly a best friend.

What?

Bruce and Superman are best friends

They went all the time in that book about how they were almost brothers.

>Those wrapping internal monologues showing how they think about each-other

Romantic as fuck

I never got any strong vibes between Batman and Diana outside of DCAU.

Well shippers gotta ship, obviously.

The you should readmore comics

In JLA, Wonder Woman and a few minis here and there the writers liked to show that Batman worship the ground Wonder Woman step. There's whole bullshit about how she, out of everyone, is the light, the hope, the kindness, the beauty and all that shit.

Kinda creepy, actually.

Jim

Jesus

no wonder Dick and Tim turned out so gay

no

>no wonder Dick and Tim turned out so gay

?

>t. Jasonfag

Superman no contest. They literally define their lives by how they measure up to one another. They're closer than brothers.
Wasn't the new 52 Superman origin story that Jor El was in contact with Thomas Wayne and they became friends and Kal was supposed to be raised by the waynes? Or am I remembering something else?
Anyway Batman without Superman is like night without day.

Jason is getting it from Roy, no? They're all gay I guess

Pre-Nu52.

I didn't see Worlds Finest having Batman and WW

Tim, yes absolutely. Dick, he's bi at best.

It had Batwoman and Wondy tho, does that count as something? Lesbian besties, maybe?

>by the way I fucked your daughter

Not really. It had Huntress and Power Girl, of a sorts, and did one-offs, but Kate and Diana never sustained even the equivalent of an arc on anything themed/named Worlds Finest.

Clark and bruce are so close that they cosplay as each other

Really? I was referring to this

the DCAU cartoons where she's drooling on his dick?

>Anyway Batman without Superman is like night without day.

Exactly. People keep asking why Batman is edgy in BvS and I always say because he hasn't had Superman as his friend but nobody believes me, since most of the people are from Sup Forums and don't read comics.

She lusted after his dick in the comics as well.

Only the bad ones. Even worse with Superman.

Clark and Bruce.

90's JLA was bad? Christopher Priest and Greg Rucka's WW runs were bad?

I was talking about DCAU Batman and WW.

Also what WW writers? I think you mean Rucka in that Blackest Night tie in and he said that was an editorial mandate that he disliked and tried to make the most out of.

Still it didn't matter because Bruce went straight to Selina when he came back.

Seriousl though they shouldn't pair Diana with either Bruce or Clark, good thing Steve is back.

You're just wrong. There's no point in even trying to reason with you. Stop embarrassing yourself and just leave.

Pretty sure at some point something was implied with Trevor Barnes but fanboys got triggered.

That said a Amazon lesbian sex was also implied (in JLI and later by Rucka and Gail) so she definitely was not a virgin.

And then there was the thing with her wanting to fuck Tom Tressor and she does mention Amazon courting and that she was no stranger to it.

Damn Bruce, bringing Superman to handle an Arkham riot is ridiculous overkill.

JLA 90's was good but that romance was kind of shit and Kelly ended up killing it.

I mean this is the same writer that went for WW/SM drama in his Superman run.

Rucka never really shipped them he mostly BFFed them he BFFed Diana with a lot of heroes.

I can't remember a Priest WW run, probably read it but didn't know or payed attention to the writer, what happens in his run again?

DCAU was bad though for a lot of reasons. He just stated one of them, which hasn't been countered by the way.

I know you're nostalgic, but that doesn't make things inherently good. The DCAU had a few good moments but overall it was pretty bad. Go watch it again more intently and you'll pick up on the problems.

>JLA 90's was good but that romance was kind of shit and Kelly ended up killing it.

Honestly? It was the best Pre-Nu52 WW had.

>good thing Steve is back.

The problem is that Steve Trevor is boring as fuck. Specially the current version where he's just numale GI Joe.