In versions of TMNT prior to TMNT 2012, Michelangelo was a bit laid back...

>in versions of TMNT prior to TMNT 2012, Michelangelo was a bit laid back, maybe didn't take things quite seriously enough, and a little bit more of a lover than a fighter
>In the 2012 TV series, he's an idiot
What gives? I actually think it's an okay enough cartoon, but this bothers me a bit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TydkovFDRhY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2012 show does a LOT wrong. a LOT
but this isn't something you can blame them for starting. he was a retard in the 2003 series, he was a retard in the 4th movie. and he wasn't exactly bright in the 88 cartoon

it should still bother you, because in real TMNT (comics and puppetmovies) he's clever, lazy, genuinely funny, super creative and artistic.. he's the perfect fourth member of the team

In the 2012 every turtle is more laid back than previously. Even Leo is shown to be a bit of a nerd and has been shown to sometimes be overconfident. Raph is now reading comics instead of mocking Mikey for it. Donnie is the lovestruck one and he's a lot more emotional than his previous incarnations.
Mikey is not the only "teenager" turtle anymore, hogging all the hobbies and "cool" activities. His stupidity is a bit jarring at times, but his niche has changed.

To be fair though his crush on Shinigami is cute though

The only thing i know is that the new turtles are cute as fuck i just wanna hug them all

So no one's going to talk about the new episode?

>dat Rat King cameo

was it splinter's delusion or was it the king lived on via his telepathy and was trying to body jack splinter.

>he was a retard in the 2003 series
You know what else he was?
BATTLE
NEXUS
CHAMPION

Splinter's delusion. Rat King was nothing but bones. This was based off an actual comic book story.

According to the Space season Mikey is mentally a child.
That's right, they literally made Mikey mentally retarded.

Welp, so much for "Splinter's gone for good guys, trust us ;^)", glad I didn't fall for their bait.

HELL YEAH HE WAS.

They'll kill him for reals in the season finale. The final two episodes are Requiem and Owari (meaning "end").

>Implying they're not going to kill Shredder off
He can't keep getting away with all these substance abuse and it's not like 2012 Shredder was ever a great character or like his character arc has anywhere left to go. There's only so much FUCK YOU YOSHI MUH REVENGE MUH DAUGHTER MUH DELUSIONS you can spew.

Is Karai still a snake waifu?

Yes, but she can transform at will into her old Monkey King form.

The hypest moment in the entire 03 series. He deserved it more then anyone.

I'm surprised they actually considered putting in the cannibalism part of that story in there. I know the '12 series can be pretty fucked at times, but I still did not expect that

it's not even that he's dumb though. He's impossibly retarded and his stupidity was the cause of a lot of early episode problems.

For example drinking clearly labeled poison

I like the idea of him being the most naturally talented turtle but lacks discipline. It'd make for a great "hero is turned evil" episode.

dont fuck with turflitle

>Mikey
>turning evil

Nigga what? It's virtually impossible to corrupt Mikey. He has the most heart of the team and his whole purpose is being the glue that binds them together. If anyone would go evil, it's Raph. But Mikey? Inconceivable.

This show is the wierdest cartoon on TV and love it. Yeah it plays with the comic root loosely but every TMNT series has in some way. If you disregard it becasue of "not muh turtles", you are missing out.

It's a trope. Usually something that alters a persons mind and makes them evil.

Yes it can get annoying but he's just hiding his power level. I thought this was already well established?

Is he not also like 13?
Aka a child?

I get that, but Mikey is still the least likely suspect to get corrupted. The whole team would fall apart the instant that would happen.

Yes he is supposedly the youngest turtle.

>I know the '12 series can be pretty fucked at times, but I still did not expect that
Same. That mangled leg of his already, holy shit

And thats why it okay for him to be the "baby".

It not okay for him to be TFA Bumblebee and NEVER learning not to be a retard baby.

what's the fucking point of introducing a teen bayonetta if you don't at least feature her every time Karai is there?
Also forget donatello, Karai is the lowest point of the show. She keeps jobbing over and over yet they make her confident to attack even bigger foes every time. And whenever she says something wise she ignores it herself a fucking scene later.

So does this show have a problem with been both too childish and too dark at the same time?

Also have a gif if April been bad ass.

They had a full-blown cannibal Croc in Beware the Batman, so that didn't surprise me. I was more surprised that Rat King was outright dead.

Yup, just like the original Teen Titans. No good sense of tone.

>avatarstate.mp3

How many episodes before April goes full evil?

>I was more surprised that Rat King was outright dead.

Looks like SOMEONE never read the Mirage comics if they didn't know how that storyline was going to end.

>the story that defined Michelangelo was the Christmas Special, which establishes him as basically being a big kid, sled-riding with children in Central Park and goofing off in a toy store
didn't 03 adapt that?

Man, I've heard the "why is THIS specific version of Mikey retarded?" argument for literally every version of Michelangelo EXCEPT the Mirage comics... and even there, the story that defined Michelangelo was the Christmas Special, which establishes him as basically being a big kid, sled-riding with children in Central Park and goofing off in a toy store. And while that's endearing as hell and more understated than some of the other Mikeys' antics... I STILL think deciding to wear a kitty in your jacket while charging armed gunmen and swinging from the back of a speeding truck is a ridiculously, irresponsibly dumb decision, and so I knew it was a matter of when, not if, Klunk died.

It still bothers me when, say, that poor cat in the 2012 series suffers mutation into a living ice cream headache because of Mikey's bullshit, but that kinda shit isn't unprecedented.

TL,DR: I think all versions of Mikey shouldn't be taken TOO seriously, cuz I know he was probably your favorite as a kid (unless it was Raph), and he's STILL obviously the kid-favorite today, so they must be doing it right.

Yep they did, more or less. (repostan cuz I forgot my image)

I knew how it ended, I just thought they would never show off the bones and never acknowledge his death.

She's totally going to go full Dark Phoenix isn't she?

>That feel when Mikey is your favorite
>That feel when everyone else hates him

youtube.com/watch?v=TydkovFDRhY
Here you go.
The major differens is that it has more characters.
Its okay, he is my fav too.
But he is still the worst turtles in the nick show...
>Donny: Okay, we dont want to cause a cave in while looking for Splinter so lets be careful Mik-
>Mikey: YOLO!!!!
Like for fucks sake...

well how come leo didn't act more like leonardo the vinci?

I don't like current TMNT it's too dark now, I liked it when it was fun and charming, now it's soul edge + Anime = no fun allowed.
I liked it up until the whole Dino shit or whatever.

I would agree about Karai if Casey didn't exist, now he can go fuck right off. They outright ruined him after season 3 and turned him into the most insufferable Scrappy in recent memory.

But Karai is a close second. It is baffling how many problems she manages to cause with little redeeming qualities in general.

>But Karai is a close second. It is baffling how many problems she manages to cause with little redeeming qualities in general.

Her entire story arc across 4 seasons can be summed up as

>I want Karai!
>No, I want Karai!

I'm so sick of factions fighting over her, I'd rather she just fuckin die.

>I'm so sick of factions fighting over her, I'd rather she just fuckin die

This so fucking much. She's just infuriating to watch because she actively holds back character growth on all sides. It always comes down to muh Karai in the end.

Very likely at this point. She went full LOTR on them a few episodes back, I wouldn't be surprised if she's one of the endgame bosses.

The next two episodes will go full goofy. One of them is a second 80's crossover. They'll even have 80's Shredder.

>a second 80s crossover

Fuck yes, Turtles Forever 2 Electric Boogaloo was one of the few redeeming parts of the Space arc.

Meanwhile IDW is the best rendition of the turtles ever, and its Michelangelo is top notch.

I even like the reincarnation angle, though I know that's controversial.

>80s Shredder

I havent watched since the end of the space arc. I need to catch back up.

Don't forget Casey Jones being degraded into a braindead teenager put in just because he needs to appear in a TMNT show.

So are they ever gonna have a crossover with the 2003 ones or do the writers hate that show for not being the one they saw from their childhood? As well as maybe having the recording booth guarded so they can shoot at any 2K3 VA on sight if they get near.

Was the Rat King a Herbert West reference?

He was ok until the space arc, since then he's gone full retard. Worse yet, one trick horse full retard. He's incapable of expressing anything other than either boredom or obnoxiously screaming about how cool something is.
I mean damn, what happened?

I'm glad the synopsis didn't spoil Rat King being the episode. It was a huge surprise when I heard his voice.

I assumed it was a similar situation with Turtles Forever where they couldn't get the voices for the originals because of copyright or something.

everyone gets flanderized

he's still the most competent fighter on the team

I always assumed the age order was Leo > Don > Mikey > Raph and the joke was that Raph was the edgy one because he was the youngest

He was literally played by the guy who played West

Haven't watched since the the S3 mid-season twoparter.

Is it still watchable or should I just stick to the IDW comics?
And by watchable I mean not blatantly bad and still a lot of ass shots.

PLAIN ZERO WOULD BE HIGHER THAN SUB-ZERO

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS???

Did you miss the episode with the flying fat man in the chair?

Monkeys > Sneks.

>Also have a gif if April been bad ass.
I'd prefer gifs of April's ass.

Yeah it's watchable and yes there's ass shots

Technically it's still the City at War arc, which usually was one of the darkest ones. Although much like in 4Kids TMNT they really downplayed the gang wars thing and mostly talked about it rather than showed it.

>Mikey plans to straight up murder Alopex
I knew he was best turtle.

why is she even in the show, aside from being the only girl with a defined ass crack?

Fanservice.
Also I guess they wanted another non-mutant good character.

Because they want bayonetta to be in the show but can't

I think in general they are trying to have more girls on the show, possibly to appeal to a girl audience better. April is now a full fledged psychic ninja, Karai is now on the main team and there's Shini already there and Alopex in the works. It also seems Donnie got over drooling over April.
Too bad human characters look kind of unappealing until in motion in this show and even then they looks weird. Modelers are much better at creepy mutants than teenage humans.

>Earth gets sucked up
>THIS IS AWESOME!!!
>They're about to turned into cyborgs
>SWEET!
>about to be eaten alive by any given alien species
>COOL!

How? How did they fuck up up a character this badly? What was even the point of making him act less human then the goddamn mutants/aliens?