Miller Bat Epic Pt. 1

I decided against storytiming Snyder's run for now and instead I'm going to storytime Frank Miller's Batman Saga up to its current issue.

Reading Order
1. Batman Year One
2. All Star Batman and Robin
3. Batman/Spawn Crossover
4. Dark Knight: Last Crusade
5. Holy Terror (aka when Bruce decided to leave retirement for a little bit and fight some terrorists).
6. The Dark Knight Returns
7. The Dark Knight Strikes Again
8. Dark Knight III: The Master Race

Bumps are greatly appreciated. I hope ya'll enjoy.

bump

Only 1, 4, and 6 are good. It's hard to call it an epic when over 60% of it is hot garbage. Over 70% if you go by # of issues.

ASBAR and Spawn/Batman are funny.

Based fuck Snyder praise Frank

Didn't someone literally just do this?

All Star and Batman/Spawn are good, theyre just dumb fun. Batman parodies basically.

Yeah and they crapped out after All-Star Batman and Robin. I don't plan on doing that. Also I'm going to post all the images present in the graphic novel so I apologize beforehand if not everyone wants that.

Using different caption fonts for Bruce and Gordon was a stroke of genius. I can't tell you the last time I saw cursive in comics.

I know this is a petty complaint but Bruce looks way older than 25 here. I'm 27 and even I don't look like that.

Literally just got assigned a new partner and already he's preparing for the worst. Gotham sucks.

He's supposed to look like Gregory Peck.

Go play in traffic

>He deserves a handicap.
GOD DAMN!

Ruthless

Absolutely excellent page.

Would you have preferred if I had done Snyder's run instead?

>he doesn't like ASBAR

I love that Batman's first night out didn't go as planned. Makes the journey all the more believable.

Easily my favorite page in this run. Ben Mackenzie manages to do a decent job portraying this moment in Year One.

Having almost an entire issue consist of Batman fighting off the police doesn't sound like the most intriguing of plots, but Miller manages to make this issue more pulse pounding than the entirety of the Schumacher movies.

>Yeah and they crapped out after All-Star Batman and Robin
Also posted the wrong Spawn Batman crossover

That won't happen here. I plan on sticking around for the whole thing just like I did with the Morrison thread. I'll also do what I did in the previous thread and upload all the issues to my mega account so peeps can download the issues later.

Always a hero.

Neat.
Haven't read it before, but just bought the Absolute.
Should I read the original print coloring or the trade coloring first?

Absolutely amazing page. I didn't read Year One till after I watched Batman Begins and it's awesome to see where the scene came from (Batman escaping the Asylum). I always thought Nolan came up with it on his own but now I see he just ripped it from Miller. Makes sense.

Sup Forums gates snyders run for some reason it isn't fantastic but it's far from being the worst

I gave my Batman Year One comic to my older sister.

FUck

The trade is perfectly acceptable (or at least I think so). You're fine either way. Not like the Killing Joke recoloring where it drastically changes the tone/feel of the story.

I completely agree. Not in the same league as Morrison, but far from the worst thing in the world. I'll cover Snyder once I'm done with this.

Also last issue, All-Star Batman & Robin coming up next.

Also I know that Miller didn't write it, but would anyone be opposed to be posting The Man Who Laughs after Year One because the story does take place chronologically soon after.