So I have been catching up on Daredevil and am really enjoying Waid's run...

So I have been catching up on Daredevil and am really enjoying Waid's run. I was wondering if the current run is worth diving in to once I catch up. Really looking for some non shit Marvel to read lately.

How far into Waid's run are you?

Just about done with the first part, about 4 issues before it reboots to #1. Got them all off of ebay but I need to get the other 18.

I couldn't tell you then, I dropped the book after the Silver Surfer issue because I moved from my LCS.

>Soule
I'll give you one guess if it's worth reading. One.

Current run is pretty dull and soulless. Atleast the 4 or 5 issues i read before giving up.

Yes?

I'd rate Soule's Daredevil about the same as Waid's.

They are kind of polar opposites, but also identical to each other.

If Waid squeezed anything he could think of out of Matt's public identity, then Soule completely retracted from that in the worst way possible.

Art in volumes 3 and 4 is bright, colorful, volume 5 has it dark and gritty.

Both of them are trying to come up with new villains (so far Waid is in the lead, desu) and both of them are very preachy about political stuff.

Really, these are kind of dark times of "I guess it's better than other Marvel's comics" for Daredevil.

Waid's run isn't as good as the stuff in vol 2 but I still think it has been a good read. I liked the Bullseye stuff and I do think it has done some interesting things with his public identity (but is sort of wearing out the welcome 30-something issues in)

I agree. I always say first 27 issues of Waid's Daredevil were actually good.

We see Matt's growth from a guy who has mental breakdown every weekend, to a guy, who actually starts questioning himself less and who gets job done.

I thought situations Waid has created were a lot of times such a classic Daredevil: Foggy finds Jack Murdock's bones in Matt's desk => says "Nelson and Murdock no more" thing (aka, open sign for demons) and next logical step is for Matt to start lying in the ground while having some inner monologue while some villains beat the shit out of him. But he actually took a deep breath and figured out who was messing with him and prevented Nelson and Murdock from being no more yet again. I often see criticism that Waid Devil has no character growth, but in context of Daredevil's character, this is different.

You failed. Go drink bleach as your prize.

It's fine. Not spectacular and definitely not anywhere as good as Waid's run at the equivalent issue. I like Blindspot, though.

I hardly got through 6 issues, stopped caring after the 2nd. Waids run was perfection by comparison

Stop SJWaid run when you finish the Hikari arc, everything else is garbage

What if you liked his Swamp Thing?

That was a fluke.

What about Red Lanterns and Thunderbolts?

You haven't even read the comic and are just poorly parroting things you've read in other threads, aren't you?

I read it and the move to San Fransisco ruined it

I wish I could see more of Coyote. He was a fucking badass but at the same time an absolute monster of a person.

Soule's run is pretty much the only work I've enjoyed from him recently, but it's tonally kinda different from Waid.

Also, the art is reeaaally pretty.

It's good, not great. Or rather, the art is great and story is solid. I'm enjoying it, better than many books the big 2 put out

Soule's run has mediocre with great art. I'd say don't bother.