Dormammu

I've come to bargain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qlrgx2Vxj48
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's going on? We just had this thread

I've come to bargain, user.

Why did Dormammu give up so easily? Strange was like "You have to kill me for all eternity, too bad" and Dormammu just went "Oh, alright then fuck it".

I felt the idea was great, but the conclusion was weak.

Also, the bad guys weren't nearly threatening enough to warrant that.

Hello Dormammou, my old friend...

Because Dormammu has better shit to do than kill some literally who for all eternity, especially when previously there was no eternity for him, time was extremely unpleasant to him in the first place.

honestly no one was even threatening in the movie at all but then again the movie is a mirror dimension and we're outside watching it

Apparently they did the loop thousands of times. If they focused on that, they could have explained Dr. Strange doing a power level gain where he gradually starts to learn defenses against Dormammu.

why didn't he just take away strange's time gem or build a wall around strange's respawn point?

I don't think he knows what the gem is, and it's a time loop, so the wall stops Strange, but then he comes back and the wall no longer there.

According to Derickson, they had looped thousands of times, but that line was cut from the movie. Either way, Dormammu got fed up with that shit since he honestly had no concept of time prior to Strange's arrival.

He wanted infinite time, what was more infinite than a time loop?

after several thousand times killing strange dormammu rage quit. It's really that simple.

I've come to bargain once again

Dear mommy, I've come to bar tend.

"Dance fight! Me and you!"

During that scene where the students are opening portals to alternate realities, if that was me I would not be able to contain my boner. First portal I'm opening is the reality specifically designed to suit my fantasies.

What. Are. You -- DOING?!

There is nothing in any reality, dimension or parallel universe that's that sick, user.

I'm truly sorry but I had to

You mean the hero defeated the villain of the movie with his wits and not by just outclassing them horribly and punching them a lot? What kind of Marvel movie is this?

Why did they tease that shit in the second after credits when they don't even have a second movie announced?

Mister Doctor 2 will only come out in 2019 AT BEST

I liked it too, user.

POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE

I don't know what I loved more. Strange outsmarting Dormammu like that or the reverse-time fighting as shit was rebuilding itself.

I fucking loved this movie

youtube.com/watch?v=Qlrgx2Vxj48

I had a few minor complaints about the pacing on the last third, but yeah, it was good shit. Strange outsmarting Dormammu was very nice, I also liked that he didn't get the girl like main characters in hollywood flicks seem required to do by contract these days.

>I also liked that he didn't get the girl like main characters in hollywood flicks seem required to do by contract these days.
I want her to come back in the sequels. I want to see more of that glorious Rachel McAdams booty. Plus Christine was a fairly enjoyable character and completely trounced Jane and Pepper.

TIME. And endless loop.

McAdams will be the movie-version of Night Nurse. Strange will bang Clea.
Who will play Clea?

bargaining

This isn't a flea market! All sales final

>other marvel heroes
>have a massive fight with their enemies
>destroy the city they're fighting in

>Dr Strange
>has a massive fight with his enemies
>rebuilds the city he's fighting in

We've entered an endless recursion of time?

>Dr strange kills a man, checks his pulse, and shows anger and concern for some one who just immediately before tried to kill him
this wouldn't have been half as effective if he wasnt an asshole, it quickly shows that underneath it all that egomania he truly is a hero

Cheer up, pal. Strange is going to be in movies in 2017 and 18.

"Selling your soul for quad"

>dr. dormammu, i'm bargain

Kyon-kun, Dormammu!

Fuck off time nigger

Dormammu, I've come to bargain.

Made me giggle.

Fuck off time nigger

Dormammu, I've come to bargain.

Yeah but we've also entered an endless recursion of time.

Fuck off time nigger

Oh excuse me, Mr Dormammu, I don't mean to interrupt your very important business. I was just saying to my associate here that it would be too bad if someone, and I'm not naming any names, don't get me wrong, but it would be a real shame if someone came into this dimension of yours and introduced the concept of time. But hey, you keep doing what you doing with your buddy Kaecilius there, and when you're ready, let's talk about making a deal.

They just didn't show him dying enough. They started showing it a lot, but they should have gone into a bunch of fast forwarded scenes of him dying.

I reckon they should've been creative with it. Like a brief shot of scarification or a piano dripping on his head.

>Then put your little hand in mine
>There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
>Babe
>I got you babe
>I got you babe

Any videos of the scene, I really want to see it again.

>Strange is now permanent guest star of the MCU
This pleases me.

wud b cool

side note: doesn't anyone think the exquisite pain and suffering of dying in horrible ways uncountable times would drive Strange insane?

he must have had a way to keep sane, like a spell that made him not feel the pain

That poor chick getting time reversed into that fish tank

If everytime he hits the reset button he forgets about the pain, it's ok.

I for one welcome our new sorcerer overlord of the MCU and can't wait for RDJ to retire.

>Strange meets Peter Quill
>recites the date of release for every single song on his mix-tape
This is the future we chose.

>I for one welcome our new sorcerer overlord of the MCU and can't wait for RDJ to retire.
RDJ has the excuse to stop wearing his Ironman suit now. With FRIDAY being a better fighter than he is, Tony Stark at this point is better off controlling his armours via remote full-time. That means RDJ would be allowed to stop doing action scenes personally and be less straining to an aging actor.

That is already shown in the beginning, when he abandons prestigious operation to go help a guy in ER.

But did he do that out of altruism, or because he saw an opportunity to be an asshole to Nic?
Okay I know it was altruism

Isn't he alreasy doing that? Pretty sure the IM suits are CGI and he's just doing the voice acting in front of a screen. For the action scenes he has a stunt double and it's much easier to hide it than with Evans or Hemsworth, since he has the full helmet on.

Does he even do action scenes, really?
Aren't most of his in-suit scenes just his head with green screen. Does he himself frequently do legit action scenes?
Honestly can't remember.

Dormammu!
I've come to bargain

What is this? An illusion?

Illusion?
THIS
IS
bargain

END THIS!

Hey, we're getting in a rut!

Bargain off, Dormammu! Me and you!

What do you want?

kek

My bargain is thus - make my waifu real this instant!

I just saw this movie yesterday. Enjoyed it a lot.

You can't keep this up forever.

Dormammu! I've come to bargain!

anyone had flash back of the infamous scene from ultimatum? I was expecting a nod to that scene actually.

It was both.

Why did the time loop work in the dark world again?

>also that scene where wong casually mentions that the eye is an infinity gem
Shit triggered me so hard. They just went "here's your fucking tie in to the infinity war" then went on with their business like nothing happened.

Because the Infinity Stone of Time brings an infinite supply of time along in its lunch pail.

Dormammu is already outside time. Being confined to such a small part of it is painful.

Also Strange defeated Dormammu by tricking him like that all the time.

>Why did the time loop work
Because Infinity Stones, fuck you.

Strange works best as guest star IMO. At least after he becomes the Sorcerer Supreme.

Was the glowy vase Strange wielded before he got the cape supposed to be anything?

Could be the Holy Grail.

more likely to be the holy hand grenade given what's his name's reaction.

>Also Strange defeated Dormammu by tricking him like that all the time.

But did Strange ever get him to say Ummamrod?

>more likely to be the holy hand grenade given what's his name's reaction.
I really like that he implied that it is a genuinely dangerous artefact, that cause him to pause for a moment. But then he realised Strange has no idea what he was doing.

You mean where Ultimate Strange gets his head blown up in a gory fashion? Yeah, I remember that. God, I was thinking of that while seeing the film.

I was thinking it was just a magical trashcan.

>I was thinking it was just a magical trashcan.
Didn't he say "you have no idea how to use it do you?"
This meant it DOES have a use in combat, not that it was useless.

>This meant it DOES have a use in combat
Not necessarily. All it means is it did have a use. For all we know it could have spewed out a school of fish. Not particularly a combat use but no one wants to get slapped in the face with a bunch of fish.

>>magical trashcan
it would end up as some kind of portable blackhole made by a magician because he was tired of taking out the trash.

I don't know man, seemed like a fancy magical paper shredder. Maybe I'll find out when details are released about what each object is in that room. Until then, its a magical trashcan to me that Strange doesn't know how to use.

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

I feel like there's a 'yo mamma' joke in there somewhere

you have a lack of imagination of the thought of a "magical trashcan" doesn't scare the crap out of you.

Come on man, I am still on Part 3, I don't need those kind of spoilers.

>2016 is almost over
>still hasn't finished Stardust Crusaders
Spoiler alert: ZA WARUDO

this whole thread