WHITEY BTFO! Donald Glover Empowers Strong African Americans in new television show "Atlanta"

>When multihypenate Donald Glover first developed his upcoming FX show "Atlanta," the network's enthusiastic support occasionally exposed their ignorance about life for some in Black communities.

>As Glover told writer Rembert Browne for Vulture (the story also appears in New York Magazine's new print issue), FX initially suggested that a drug dealer character live in "traplike" apartment. "We were like, 'No, he's a drug dealer, he makes enough money to live in a regular apartment,'" Glover said to Vulture. "There were some things so subtle and Black that people had no idea what we were talking about."

>Glover aims to shine a light on those contextual differences with the surrealist comedy-drama, which premieres on September 6. "I wanted to show White people, you don't know everything about Black culture," he said. To that end, Glover employed an entirely-Black writing staff, featuring primarily Atlanta natives like Glover and his brother Stephen.

>His goals with "Atlanta" also reflect the criticism Glover received for years over his popularity in White cultural spaces. "I know when I go to Baltimore, when I go to D.C., it's like 50-50—half of them are like, 'I love this dude, this dude's cool.' And the other half are like, 'This coon-ass dude,'" he said. "But I have no hate in my heart for no Black person ever. Because we're in a position where the system has fucked us up so bad we can't always trust each other."

>Glover created and stars in "Atlanta" as "Earnest 'Earn' Marks," while Bryan Tyree Henry ("Boardwalk Empire") portrays his cousin, "Alfred Miles." The series focuses on Miles' burgeoning celebrity as the rapper Paper Boi and, as Vulture describes, "Earn's ever-evolving balancing act between his origins and a life often spent in predominantly White settings."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3R3iTj5Isw
youtu.be/MpEdJ-mmTlY
youtu.be/R0_U8ca4040
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Donald Glover
>black

Fucking nigs are ruining this once great city.

Man you kikes must be terrified. Sliding like crazy today.

I want him to specifically point out what everyone else doesn't know about black culture

>multihypenate
Well I learned a new word today.

>Donald Glover's initial fame came from his spot on Community and his stand-up
>Both watched mostly by Whites
>Barely gets famous on his rapping - currently isn't relevant there at all
>Somehow he feels "empowered"

who?

>FX initially suggested that a drug dealer character live in "traplike" apartment. "We were like, 'No, he's a drug dealer, he makes enough money to live in a regular apartment,'" Glover said to Vulture. "There were some things so subtle and Black that people had no idea what we were talking about."

Confirmed for never having met a drug dealer

They're in the trap house 24/7, it's literally their income and custies come a-knockin' every hour. Unless this "drug dealer" is some kid that sells weed who happens to be black, this is just sheltered black nigga stories: the show

>want to show whites what black culture is like
>main character is a drug dealer

>the system fucked us up

THEN GIVE EVIDENCE OF POLICIES AND LAWS IN THE SYSTEM THAT OPPRESS BLACK PEOPLE, REEEEEE

This is why I hate famous people, they talk about shit they know nothing about

He got his first gig from Tina Fey on 30 Rock actually. So if it weren't for a liberal white woman giving him an AA hire he wouldn't be shit.

>Black culture
No such thing.

Donald Glover is more white then black, the black community does not see him as black.

>making a thread about something that's currently on leddits front page

>saged/10

Imagine the Shitstorm if a show about whites in a mostly white city was bragging about having all white writers

>Atlanta
>ever non black

The whole script is basically like this:

Dindu 1: So you be seyin' we wuz slaves?

Cracka 1: Yes, dat's whut I'm seyin nigga

Dindu 1: Hol' Up, Hol' Up'

Dindu2 :(screams) We Wuz Kangz Muthafucka!! punches cracka 1.

>makes a show about black culture
>it's about drug dealing
niggers

>writing a show about blacks in Atlanta
>hire blacks from Atlanta to write it
I really don't see where the problem is.

I have literally no problem with black people writing black characters for a black audience and neither should anyone else.

However if some white dudes wanted to do the same thing, I'm sure there would be terminal butthurt.

>We just wanted to show hollywood jews that they don't know everything about white culture so that's why only European-Americans are working on Appalachia.

>cancelled after 1 season due to low ratings

>nigger has a TV show on how niggers are ruining the heart of Dixie
OH I WISH I WAS IN THE LAND OF COTTON
LOOK AWAY
LOOK AWAY
LOOK AWAY
DIXIE LAND

Is anyone with money going to watch this show? What kind of advertisements will FX roll out?

this

You mean like every show? What's your point?

Nerdy, white, gay guy successfully masquerades as straight black guy for purposes of government subsidized black-only production in Blackhattan.

Holy shit BTFO WHITE BOI

We know that all this drama and whining in the west is too exhausting to listen to anymore so we fortunately get distracted by cooler spectacles.

Have this nigger-free fight scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3R3iTj5Isw

>Atlanta
>great at any point in history

Top-tier delusion

The problem is that it even exists at all
I can't wait for it to tank and this coon to screech about muh racist whities not watching his kike funded bullshit

>Selling drugs
>Black culture

Lol the guy is racist.

What culture?

>Atlanta
>Atlantis
This is no coincidence

Black people trying to create a culture that isn't OGA BOGA and this somehow triggers you?

Sometimes I wonder lads, you cry about too many black people in your movies and shows, but when they make their own you're offended?

Wew.

Literally nothing wrong with this.

A show about black people being made by black people.

Literally what flaw can pol find other than 'lol black people'? Especially when pol always is rambling about sending them back to africa.

A show about black people set in a (now) notoriously black city written by black people makes sense to me.

Only thing id find annoying is the double standard if say we did, Random Ass Southern Town.

Most of Sup Forums is more nigger than Donald Glover.

Lol that gif is hilarious where is it from? :D

Wow, that is kind of therapeutic.

Didnt he mean show jews. All writers in Hollywood are jews.

>Black people trying to create a culture that isn't OGA BOGA and this somehow triggers you?
>implying this show isn't 'muh whitey muh racist muh ooga booga smoke dat crack muh racist poeleece muh smack dat hoe'
t. white person from georgia

This. Mine lives in a crappy apartment with an amazing tv, a shitty couch and junk food around.

>Bragging about all white writers
Not every show does that... Sure, some shows have all white writers, but they dont brag about it

Jews aren't White. Try again.

Donald Glover is a white man's Drake

This tbqh

I wouldn't want a show based on Charlemagne or Viking culture, etc. written by black people

Maybe we aren't so different after all

Things you know about black culture:
>Random acts of violence, rape, murder

Things you don't know about black culture:
>Murder, rape, random acts of violence

>Show aims to correct black stereotypes

>main character is a drug dealer
>cousin is a rapper

>"We were like, 'No, he's a drug dealer, he makes enough money to live in a regular apartment,'" Glover said to Vulture.
>"I wanted to show White people, you don't know everything about Black culture," he said.

black culture = thug culture

Not a bad idea, if it's executed well, I'll tune in. Some of ya'll get triggered v easily - even for a bunch mentally ill Spenglerites on a Malaysian basket-weaving forum.

Is it possible to sue for discrimination if you are a non-nigger race? Like could an Hispanic, Asian, white, etc. sue the nigger for discrimination if they applied previously?

Dude, that is black culture. They're proud of it. Drug dealing isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's the violence that ruins lives

>White people, you don't know everything about Black culture
We know enough.

>"But I have no hate in my heart for no Black person ever. Because we're in a position where the system has fucked us up so bad we can't always trust each other."

Always interesting to see that black people have absolutely no problem to assert themselves along racial differences.

He makes it sound like all blacks are of a hive mind and all share the same experiences.

Wait, some nigger is making a show I'll never watch and it's being written by a bunch of niggers? Makes me think.

>However if some white dudes wanted to do the same thing, I'm sure there would be terminal butthurt.

That's 90% of TV dumbass

Honestly I'm okay with this. White writers and black writers shouldn't be writing together.

I have no problem with this. He isn't wrong, and black people need to control their own media outlets, same as whites. Or would you rather have an all jewish writing staff.

Post plot lines for my new, all-white written show to showcase subtle aspects of white culture that black people don't understand.
>A white guy is pulled over. He keeps his mouth shut and does as he's told and, remarkably, a few minutes later he is free to go rather than handcuffed on the pavement.

I swear to god I'm gonna blow my fucking brains out if I see anymore of these "niggers superior race" horseshit.

As an Asian, I understand that without the white Europeans, I'd be fucked.

This is literally what everyone has wanted. Now they'll stop bitching and white entertainers can stop shitting in their product by pandering to negroes.

i might have written that poorly- tldr:

>non whites complain about "white washing", "#oscarssowhite", and white culture in general, ect.

>one mulatto recognizes the reality of freedom and creates entertainment based on his own specific culture

most negroes are inept, but trust me, just bleach them a bit and their iq kicks up.

Good idea, we should create a jew free hollywood.

Its because they create this "us vs them" mentality drawn by racial lines. Yes, its ironic as fuck.

>A white man divorces his wife, but works hard to cover the child care costs. He is not hounded by the Law because he's doing what he should.

There's not much going on, it's just a talking point they and most people are taught all their life. "Girls, watch out, because men are trying to fuck you over and you need to hate them first, the system is rigged against you" or "Black men, watch out, whites are out to get you and the system is rigged against you, hate them first". Even "white men, watch out, everyone else is trying to fuck you, they are rigging the system against you, get them"

It's some victim culture, most people are taught that the other guy is going to destroy you, so you have to strike first. It's like we're being pit against each other as well by the media.

Everyone is taught that some other group is about to fuck them, and the system hates them. I think "most" real issues were solved some decades back, but people are for some reason are more mad and trying to fight against perceived wrongs that don't have to do with anyone than ever. Has something to do with what people are taught in schools these days perhaps.

>getting divorced and cucked is white culture

>series portrays blacks as they really are without white filter making them loook like decent people.
>redpills 100s of thousands about niggers

I would be surprised if 100,000 people ever watch an entire episode of this show

are they burning faggots?

DonGlover is a brilliant comedian and I hope this works out for him. And while I don't have problems personally with an all black writing staff like some SJW, I can't help but think he also needs a white dude. I'm just afraid the show might turn out like a Tyler Perry production

Yes.

What's wrong with Tyler Petty again?

>A white child does well in school. He is not ostracized by his piers because they all recognize this a good way to get ahead in life.

>black culture

>drug dealing
>hip hop

gee thats not narrow mindedat all

>FX initially suggested that a drug dealer character live in "traplike" apartment. "We were like, 'No, he's a drug dealer, he makes enough money to live in a regular apartment,'" Glover said to Vulture. "There were some things so subtle and Black that people had no idea what we were talking about."

>Don't know how drug dealers live
>You don't know about black culture

> being a drug dealer is black culture
You said it not me.

>That's 90% of TV dumbass
That's 90% of the audience dumbass.

This, non southerners don't know of Atlanta without Black's but it used to be a glorious city....fucking Carpetbagging cunts fucked us up

>hurr duh carpetbaggers you yankees don't even know!

Are you claiming to be 150 years old?

I bet your ancestors aren't even southern.

Source: actual southerner

When this shit gets cancelled for being terrible they'll blame white people for it.

>I bet your ancestors aren't even southern.
My ancestors came to south carolina in 1735. North Carolina in the late 1600s, Virginia in late 1600s and founded Staunton Virginia. My whole family (not a cherry picked line) is from the south with the exception of my Norwegian and German parts who immigrated in the mid to late 1800s.

Fuck off with your 'real southerner' bullshit.

From Marietta to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Savannah basically everything got burned, raped and stolen. Then when the war ended the rich people left (northerners and loyalists) bought basically all land for cheap or took it, increased rent and prices for foodstuffs. Basically if you weren't a carpetbagger or a supporter of the US during the war you probably weren't going to thrive.

>t.Historian & Archaeologist

>a white guy doesn't have any money, so he goes and gets a job.

Why is nobody talking about the fact that the poster looks autistic as fuck? Seriously, try to come up in your head with a more autistic poster then this. Also here is a trailer, spoiler alert its boring. And trailers are usually just cuts of the best moments of the show. These are the best moments of the 10 episode show: youtu.be/MpEdJ-mmTlY

That song in the trailer is made and voiced by a white male.

Good for him. Seriously, who cares? If you don't like it don't watch it.

the idea that blacks are ostracized by the piers for their success is a myth. Black students who do well in school are more popular with their piers than White students are.

>Confirmed for never having met a drug dealer
If anything most drug dealers don't make enough to afford a regular apartment. The average dealer makes minimum wage from it

An even longer, even more autistic trailer: youtu.be/R0_U8ca4040

The fact that its so abstract means that the writers have nothing to say. They just cut togethet meaningless scenes. I bet all my shekels on this show being unwatchable.

Not too surprising when Donald is a rapper himself

I like how he's not black the second he's more successful than you.

You clearly don't know shit about Donald Glover. You don't know anything except what Sup Forums told you. Enjoy staying contained, faggot.

>black culture
>literally niggers dealing drugs in the ghetto
top kek

laffed

I bet he would be the first one to whine about diversity in a show about white people