Mother Gothel

I rewatched Tangled today, what do you think of Mother Gothel?

I can't hate Mother Gothel. She's still Rapunzel's adopted mother, even though Gothel stole Rapunzel. They did grow to love each other very much, and Gothel did a lot of loving things for Rapunzel like cook for her and go on long journeys.

Hating Mother Gothel would be like hating my own mother. Even though my own mother did some bad things, I still can't hate her. Tangled most likely will never get a true sequel, but I'm sure Rapunzel could never forget Gothel and still loves her.

the writers said that she loved rapunzel like a tool, the same way you would love your favorite bike

What if i'm REALLY into cycling?

Death of the author desu

She kidnapped her from her true parents and took advantage of her, shut her in a room like a fucking prisoner.
So no, this is not like hating my own mother at all.

She loved her hair, never Rapunzel.

>death of the author meme

Enough of that. If somebody wants to reinterpret the author's message so badly, they're more than welcome to buy the IP and do a remake.

That's the kind of attitude that drove the LGBT crowd to turn on that author when she told them, "No, no matter what you guys think, my characters aren't canonically gay."

They went on and on about how she was taking away their safe spaces by denying their interpretation of the books

Why would Gothel stay in that area? Why wouldn't she just take her to some other country where she wouldn't have seen the lights and she could have raised her more normally?

>buy the IP
It's public domain.

I think Gothel still has a social life inside the city. That's the reason why she wants to stay young is because of men inside the city. She's very much a flirt and not a social hermit, as shown by her ability to manipulate the Stabbington Brothers.

I assume Rapunzel mourns Gothel even after she finds her true parents. She might do something like keep a memento of Gothel.

Yeah, I don't like this. Why do people demand "characters to be gay" instead of "demanding gay characters"?

I would murder a man for my favorite bike, that motherfucker carried me everywhere.

She's wasted potential. Could've been a compelling antagonist if she genuinely loved Rapunzel. Honestly the fact that after raising the kid she still didn't feel any kind of empathy towards her makes her an irredeemable character

The real question is, did they fuck

I was honestly expecting them to pull a Malificent on this.

I mean 16 years and not an ounce of other abuses. She's gotta have something for the kid.

Of course!

Fuck cyclists.

>they did grow to love each other very much.

Yeahhh... it really shows. :^/

You say you saw the movie but did you really? "Adoptive mother"... really??? Wtf are you on, bath salts?

300 lb. landwhale detected

Share the road shithead.
We're saving the world.
You're welcome.

Gothel literally only saw Rapunzel as a talking youth potion.She went out of her way to make sure Rapunzel had no self esteem, and half the time she wouldn't even look Rapunzel in the eye when conversing, she would talk to her hair instead

Gothel should have molested Rapunzel from early age. They she wouldn't jumped on the first delicious dick.

So I have a friend who used to go out with this bat-shit insane, super-possessive, ruin-your-life crazy girl. He tried breaking up with her, but she always guilted him to continuing the relationship. One day, he finds that she's cutting small holes in his condoms--she's trying to get pregnant so he stays with her.

That's a fucked up reason to have a kid.

Mother Gothel falls somewhere just short of that as far as reasons for being a parent goes.

I also know this girl who works as a flight attendant for a major airline. Their union rules state that a woman has up to a year paid maternity leave. Said girl got pregnant, got her year's worth of leave, and was seriously considering having another kid just to get another year paid maternity leave.

Another fucked up reason to have a kid.

Mother Gothel falls just ahead of that as far as reasons for becoming a parent goes.

She's a textbook abuser, user. Go to therapy.

Punzie knew what she wanted. :^)

That look
>"If they knew what we did every night since I got back..."

I think she was a fiiiiiine woman!

So you would rather all those people be using cars and adding to the traffic you must drive behind every day?
You are a complete retard

Well, I don't know about being a good mother figure, but I did always feel bad for her that the royals stole and destroyed her flower just because their infant was sick.
I mean, they could have taken a few leaves allowing the plant to survive, instead of taking away the possibility for the plant to do more good for more people.
For that reason, they kind of deserved to have their child kidnapped.

On the daily. They left out the part in the movie where Gothel sucks the magical youth out of Rapunzel's big meaty futa horse cock and censored it to that historically inaccurate 'brushing her hair' bullshit instead.

I love the fact that they didnĀ“t know the plant was going to cure the queen they just looked at the weird glooing plant and decided that it was worth the shoot to use as medicine.

Because faggots and fujoshits want speciphic characters that fulfil their sexual fantasies to be gay, not gay characters.

This is why these fuckers doesn't even deserve "representation".

>The real question is, did they fuck
The original tale talked about how Rapunzel got pregnant.

Funny enough the only thing the Disney film kept was the ending. The tears of magic healing was what the tale ended with. But those who don't know that tend to complain that it came out of nowhere in the film.

javascript:quote('87682919

Well, they apparently tried everything, so it was their last idea.

BUT: how did gothel knew the magic words that trigger flower's power?

How did she do this? The movie makes it clear Rapunzel's pretty tough

These

>a memento of Gothel

>They she wouldn't jumped on the first delicious dick
Um, dicks aren't delicious, user.

maybe yours isn't

How do you know?!

how do you think

Fuck her so much.
She used Rapunzel for her own needs.
Glad that bitch fell out the window but she did raise her pretty well all things considered.

Remember when she reversed ageing with Captain Picard?

I never got over how much she looked like Marina Sirtis.