Why German do not like their ancestral names ?

I went in Germany for vacations. I talked with a lot of German, but when I asked their names it was :

- Lucas
- ((( Michael )))
- Paul
- (((Jonas)))
- Max
- Leo

Damn, where are the :
- Hermann
- Heinrich
- Wolfgang
- Karl
- Gottfried
- Ludwig

Damn...

Other urls found in this thread:

houseofnames.com/siemens-family-crest
beliebte-vornamen.de/32924-gebraeuchliche-vornamen-1937.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

decades of jewish media brainwashing focussing on non white culture make everything germanic seem nazi like so these people choose more multicultural names for their children

Litterally half of the german girls I met were Anna or Lea.

>Vhilhelhm

they are still out there, trust me.

I have a German last name, was trying to figure out German first names to match if I slip one past the goalie.

Engelbert
Abelard
Reinhold
Rolf
Siemen

The possibilities are endless

>Vhaugnaaur

Murica fucked our culture...or do u think there will be somthing good after 70 years of occupation

My uncles and older relative's names:

>Detlef
>Hartmut
>Burkart
>Walter
>Otto
>Wolfgang
>Normann
>Ulrich
>Dankwart

My generation names:

>Max
>Jakob
>Paul
>Moritz
>Nikolaus
>Phillip
>Johannes
>Peter

Siemen, what the fuck are you smoking? Don't grab names from anime.

who else /müller/ here?

Wilhelm I think. Yes it's a great name.

Maybe Reinhald ?

Heinreich
Johann
Emile
Georg
Cord

Maximilian is in the same category as Ludwig or Heinrich. I don't see your Problem.

>Dankwart

I see, the monk caste for meme magic.

Never met a Maximillian. But it's a great name, I agree.

>tfw called Rudolf

Life was hard as a kid.

>Hermann
It's mostly a lastname today. I know at least 3 families with it.
Most people ~20-30 have those stupid low effort names you listed, many even worse. Older names are getting more popular recently though.

It's Heinrich. Johann is okay. Emile and Cord I have no fucking idea where you got them from. Georg is fine again, but not really ye olde german name in our view.

> 88
Witnessed

Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows

probably in the retirement home

Wow, first time I ever agreed with something on Sup Forums. Our generation does have horrible taste in names. The girls' selection is actually okay but the boy's names are terrible.
The names you listed will probably make comebacks, though. They usually skip a couple generations because people associate them with old people.

Siemen is quite a virile sounding name. It's like naming your kid Chad.

Emile is a french name.

Emile Borel, Emile Zola, Emile Foucault, Emile Durkheim....

Those girls names are absolutely horrible.

Absolutely disgusting.

No "c" or "k" sounds

I have never heard it before and I don't know how you pronounce it, but I can assure you that it's not a traditional German name.

And it also means semen in finnish.

Pretty semitic, if you ask me...

Emma/Hannah/Sophia/Marie etc are very old-school German names, though. Granted, they're no Hildegard, Anneliese or Brunhild, but still.

>Jakob

HRE farmer pls go

My best friend is named Willhelm but he just goes by Will.

Youd be surprised how common Jakob is in Austria.

Where are the original German names? Mahmud, Muhammad, kunabwe...

>Anneliese

That ones nice

>tfw I used to work with an Anneliese when I lived in Germany

Bayern was a nice place to live

The name is also german, or at least used for hundreds of years. The wehrmacht even hat a gun named emil.

Merkwürdigliebe is still somewhere ready to walk again

>Why German do not like their ancestral names ?

It depends on what is chic since a lot of those names come in waves. Michael, Daniel and Andreas are probably around everywhere or so it feels at least. Everything else in Germany also indicates from where people are from. Arne is from the north, Joseph from the south... and Falco most probably from Middle Germany. :-D

Because these names are LITEARLLY HITLER YOU GOD DAMN NAZI

>ctrl+f no Adolf

Honest question here. I have thought about changing my faggot name for a while now. It is luca leon.

I thought about changing it to:

Wolfgang
Hans (I prefer this one)
Fritz
or Ludwig

(Wolfgang and Lugwig are my uncles and my fathers second names)

should I do it? Or stick with my faggot name until I get kids and give them a traditional name?

>luca leon

houseofnames.com/siemens-family-crest

I guess it's a surname. Damn

German names are gaining some popularity among the middle and academia class again.
last week I witnessed a baby girl named Karla.

Will you rob cash from your godfather and then start a new life under a new name, Luca?

no shit. That is my real name. I will post picture of my perso if you like.

But why do you consider it bait?

Take Ludwig. Honestly.

Ludwig Leon sounds... brightly, lumineux !

If you want a Tier one teutonic power name nothing is going to beat Torsten. Or Thorsten. There are several other derivatives.

Wolfgang would be pretty dope too though. Mannfred is up there as well.

Oh yeah, Siemens is quite a popular one. Famous inventor who founded a huge company.

My Opa and my father both were named Emil. It was a very common german name.

my family is pretty okay
Irene
Bettina
Heidi
Paula
Manfred
Hubert,
Ralf
Volker
Philipp
Alexander

That does sound pretty good. Not as good as hans, but it certainly would not be as hard to convert from Luca to Ludwig. Thanks dude.

I would love to be called Tomislav

Change it to Professional

>I guess it's a surname.

You're damn right and its a measuring unit too!

I like the part of my local newspaper where they print pictures and names of newborn babies.

Around the time that Batman movie was popular (don't know which one it was, the one with catwoman), Selina was popular.
Around Star Wars, there was quite a number of kids named Finn.

Also, I know a couple who named their boy Liam Noel. Poor kid.

Is your Family red-pilled?

Volker is top five material.

not as much as i would like to
mom buys hitler wine from italy tho

Can confirm this, my girlfriend's dad came here from Germany when he was a young adult. His name is Wolfgang, but he goes by Paul.

Torsten. Fucking lol. Same goes for Torben. Fucking cuck names

My parents are pretty red-pilled but my sister not, every time is say "Trump is good" she answers "He is basically Hitler, do you want a Nazi as the President of USA". My other siblings are a bit red-pilled (I have 4 siblings)

Their goal is destruction of the descendants of the Hyperboreans, the more of their blood your nation has the bigger their target

What is so funny about my name?

tfw Lennard

hold me

>rolf

That's what my ancient ancestors changed their name to when they came over. It used to be Rumph. Swiss name.

Your confused Gerhard, your thinking of Carsten (gay), and Tobias (Elton John gay).

>sister
wait until she get's groped by """""""new germans""""" like my best friend
she's full nazi mode now

Siemen is a Frisian name.

Isn't it a german surname? The founder of Siemens?

My sister doesn't like refugees too, but in the most things she isn't really how i want her to be. And she isn't going to be groped by refugees, because every time she goes to a party or a festival i go with her, so that nobody can rape her.

why don't you educate her?

>no Erika or Karoline
lol, just go with the Sup Forums approved name list
beliebte-vornamen.de/32924-gebraeuchliche-vornamen-1937.htm

"am liebsten einfach mal n paar bomben über die türkei abwerfen
dann werden wenigstens n paar hurensöhne sterben
und die welt wird ein bisschen besser"

:^)

I do not understand? No I would legally change it.

When will Germany reclaim the name Adolf?

Adolfo used to be a family name (last used for my grandma's oldest brother, born before ww2), but we can't use it anymore due to your monster.

~Reclaim it so I can at least name a pet fish in 40 years, without people thinking I'm fishy

Diddent hitlers extended family changed their names and move into hiding after WW2?

Lot of names are from other nations or have norse influences. The names you dislike can still be based, Leopold, Lukas, etc...

Great name, but it doesn't originate from German. It is a Latin combination of two Roman Generals. Would still name my son Maximillian though.

Just use a nickname, changing it official might be annoying with all that legal crap.

Surnames often originate from an ancestor that had such a name when the first censuses and parish registers came around.

An example would be my surname "Ambrose". The origin is almost certainly meaning "son of Ambrose".

Siemens would thus be "Siemen's Son" hence the 's' suffix. Siemen (without researching this, from what experience I have from my own prior run ins with the name) is likely a Low German variant of Simon that may originate in Holland or Limburgish regions. It may also be an archaic rendering of said name in an earlier Germanic dialect.

What do you think?

Because she doesn't want to be educated and she doesn't want to talk to me about politics

>I do not understand?
Mama mia!

>No I would legally change it.
Then it is not worth it.

>Just use a nickname, changing it official might be annoying with all that legal crap.
do you think that could really work. I think I would need to get entirle new peers and stuff tor this to work

funny thing is my great grandfather was supposedly a german descendant his name was fritz, and he had a brother named adolf. oddly enough everyone called him audi.

Unless Hitler's extended family were generations of nordestinos mixed with jew that hid themselves by changing their surname to trees and animals when they came to Brazil, also austrians/germany, trash portuguese and other euros; I don't know what you are implying

Well, I'd expect her to listen to the opinion of somebody close to her. But I guess you just need to give her time.

>Mama mia!
Alter. Ich verstehe kein einzieges Wort ::^(

Possibly, it would be the same effort as when you legally changed your name. Depends how different it is, Lukas wouldn't be that different, but Friedrich would be.

I changed my name by deed poll when I was nine. It took roughly two years for everyone to adjust. They always asked why.

I simply told them, "I'm not Irish", or "I'm not fucking Irish".

>Rolf
cursed be the son of a sheperd

Better than Sören-Malte. This name just screams "cuck" like no other.

I believe it's a reference to some movie.

Wow so Ed
much Edd
very Eddy

>thread is just a bunch of MUH HERITAGES Amerilards, a French fag and a couple of Germans
hmm

SCHAKELINE

can anyone know what schreib

vogel is?

them are some surnames related to my family. but sadly enough i have an uncle who kinda owns the google of it because he's afucking nut with umm exotic animals.

me to. I would like to know which though

So what name did you normally have?

Its ok, you can join too, you probably have lots of French and Anglo-Saxon blood.

Poor Japs, they still think your country isn't a pozzed shitlib SJW hellhole full of self-hating nigger-loving cucks.

SCHAKELINE is the German "la—a (the dash don't be silent)".

well not german related, but why is every other polish girl called julia?