Asian superheroes?

Asian superheroes?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob_Oh_(Earth-616)
youtube.com/watch?v=iAN1GTRPyto
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Katana
The female Dr Light
Surge
Armor
Jubilee
Does Psylocke count?
Emiko

Goku

why does DC hate asian men, bros?
I really can't think of a single Asian hero from DC that isn't a female who's in love with a white man, besides Ryan Choi, and they killed him off at one point I think.

All my semen goes to her.

He is alive again

An asian guy is leading one of there best comics currently New super-man

Comics are written by white guys. White guys have asian fetishes. White guys make asian women.

I mean, I think there are more black women than there are asian men and that's saying something (the last year notwithstanding, suddenly Marvel is on a black girl kick).

>Does Psylocke count?

It's 2016. Genetics, and birth no longer has anything to do with race. Shaun King can lead BLM.

She counts as trans-racially asian.

yeah, I just think it's fucked up and i'm not even Asian.
I mean just off the top of my head I know instances in which every asian in DC has made out with, or made sexual advances on, a white character.
Even married characters like Kimiyo Hoshi and Katana (her husband's soul is still "alive" in the sword). It's pretty obnoxious and racist, even.

August General in Iron

I'm sure not every character. Mother of Champions? Shiny Happy Aquazon? I mean, I figure only Grant Morrison cares about them, but they (and the rest of the Great Ten and SYT) are still around.

Geoff johns created a Japanese hero named Bushido (very creative) for his Teen Titans run but the pathetic part is that his surname is "Orsono" which doesn't exist in Japanese, how Johns fucked this bad?

>She counts as trans-racially asian.
She literally is.

Silk
Amadeus Cho
Shang-Chi
Colleen Wing
Nico Minoru
Monica Chang
Sunfire

It would be hard to argue, no matter the race, that Psylocke isn't probably the most privileged Marvel characters ever.

>implying only DC and Marvel
That's racist.

Japanese heroes are villains to every other type of Asian person though

I don't really have too big a problem with a low representation of Asians in comics since it's a western medium and desu I'd rather see less than to see a bunch of ham fisted (and mostly inaccurate) clichés and fetish fuel for yellow fever neckbeards.

We literally have a Chinese Superman comic RIGHT NOW.

Although not exactly a superhero, Jimmy Woo is fucking awesome.

Kamen Rider is a hit in everywhere in Asia except China.

He kinda counts.

He even saved the world!

This

I miss her, Sup Forums

What has she even been up to since Avengers Undercover? I never read it

Because asian girls belong to white men

Limbo.

Or white women.

>New Superman
>Justice League of China
>Great Ten
>Super Young Team

Theres a bunch, they're just all in Asia

these are the ugliest costumes i've ever seen

cause white nerds hate Asian men, so much that they think all anime characters are white even if they are stated to be japanese and look japanese

bunch of literally whos

It's American Superhero design meets Japanese street fashion.
And the appeal is the characters.

*lacist

The funny thing is that Bushido was created in the early 2000 by the Lebanese-American Geoff Johns but is a extremely gross stereotype with a non-Japanese name (Ryuku Orsono).

DC Japanese characters created in the 1980s like Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi) and Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro) are less weak stereotypes and have accurate Japanese names.

>Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)
>kimi yo hoshi
Wait a minute...

Don't forget Jubilee, Armor and Surge

I don't get it

Jeeja Yanin could play Cass, her character in Chocolate is straight up Cass.

The whole fetishization of the women thing as some people mentioned, combined with the general public being very uncomfortable with seeing Asian men in relationships, combined with the whole "model-minority/idea that Asians are better off than other minorities" thing that prevents people from being inclined to include them when trying to diversify casts.

Also, Asian men just aren't very pleasant to look at--not speaking from personal taste here, just speaking from what sells. There's a reason that Asian women are higher in demand than the men.

Isn't David Cain Caucasian, so she's only half-asian super hero.

No love for the new hulk?

Jews don't like other High-IQ minorities competing with them.

Just like white women belong to black men

It's all very well thought out

>implying white men aren't at the top of the food chain

He was Caucasian in the pre-nu52, post nu52 he appears to be chinese.

>why does DC hate asian men, bros?

Because it's real hard to make an Asian character without people calling it stereotypical in NuComics.

White nerds like asian women. Thus, asian men are competition to be removed. Also a lot of them don't want to admit it, but they don't see asians as a "proper" minority.

You can't even argue the, "The masses react poorly to asian men" excuse, because comics apparently have no issue shoehorning in black women, trannies, and muslims into comics.

I have a question Sup Forums. Why do american comics writers name asian teams in retarded ways. I mean Super Young Team? from my memories Japanese names for superheroes are badass action verb, powerful noun then name.

>Goku

He's an alien.

Also, there is no "asia" in the Dragonball world because the continents and landmasses are arranged completely differently.

Whose the guy with the shot gun?

>we will never get a superhero based off of Yukio Mishima

...So yellow washed then.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob_Oh_(Earth-616)

Chocolate was great

youtube.com/watch?v=iAN1GTRPyto

And for Cassandra's centric arc in Tec will supposedly delve into her mother, Lady Shiva, and the League of Assassins/Shadows.

Nu52 Shiva isn't much better than Nu52 David Cain so far. Poorer fashion sense, at the very least.

Kind of worse actually. At least David had the decency to kill himself.

I get Chulk and Kamala knowing each other.

But is there anything other than 'Asian' connecting these characters.

Goku is an alien.

Chocolate is, sadly, probably the closest we'll get to a Cassandra Cain movie.

Fuck, I just now noticed her eyes are glowing green.

That design becomes stupider every time I see it.

This fucking abomination...

Chow Yun Fat as Jimmy Woo, when?

Man, that would be fucking glorious.

Does Rose count

>Rose
>asian

what

New Superman, dude.

I never liked Super Young Team. They felt more like "What a Japanese superhero team would be in the Watchmen universe" than "What a Japanese superhero team would be in the DC universe."

A DC Japanese superhero team would be something closer to characters from A Certain Magical Index or Naruto or Gatchaman.

There's this guy I suppose, dunno that he's super, or a hero.

Yeah, pic related is a far better design for lady shiva.

Her mother is Hmong

At least you had the decency not to post the mask.

Shiva already had the perfect design in the comic BoP. The one with the long coat. I have no idea why they tried to fuck with it.

And then Arkham Origins actually improved on the BoP design, and they STILL won't use it. Gail Simone didn't fucking use it. Fuckers be crazy.

That's not how Kamala's powers work.

It's spelled 'Hu', you idiot.

it wouldn't be a character worthy of a solo

Ultimate Wasp

literally in the post he's replying to

Jesus, if I was a supervillian, this Batgirl wouldn't need to beat the shit out of me to get info.

Is she Asian?

Super Young Team

Rude

When are they going to Rebirth Cass? All they have so far is the equivalent of the shitty Nu52 "reimagining" that every other character got five years ago.

My guess she'll earn a better costume hopefully in her arc. God she needs a better costume. I mean it's okay without mask. But with mask. The mask just looks so out of place without the Bat ears.

I think a redesign like this would be cooler.

Merge her Batgirl outfit with Jim Gordon's Batman outfit.

Cass needs a form-fitting costume. I thought I was okay with the baggy pants and chestplate at first, but I grew to realize how much she loses charm when you can't see her body shape. Her face is already covered, so you can't even tell she's female now.

Yeah, her current mask looks like it came from an S&M store.