The Playlist reported on a special Deadpool Q&A screening held in LA over the weekend...

>The Playlist reported on a special Deadpool Q&A screening held in LA over the weekend, where Deadpool writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese revealed that, in order to get the movie made the way they wanted to, Fox and Marvel actually had to play nice and allow for a little character fluidity.

>Specifically, Deadpool's inclusion of X-Men character Negasonic Teenage Warhead had to be cleared with Marvel, since Reese and Wernick practically changed everything about the character. In order to get clearance for the change, Marvel had a price: allow a character in Fox's hands to be included in Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2. Said Wernick, "Kurt Russell [‘s Ego the Living Planet] in the new ‘Guardians’ movie was the character that Fox swapped with Marvel to [change] Negasonic Teenage Warhead powers."

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Ellie_Phimister_(Earth-616)/Appearances
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YOU FUCKERS
YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN KANG

>change everything about a character
>that's got one panel

Ego debuted in a fucking Thor comic.
And was featured in Thor comics for his next 27 appearances too.
What is this bullshit.
>Negasonic Teenage Warhead had to be cleared with Marvel, since Reese and Wernick practically changed everything about the character
WHEN HAS THAT STOPPED FOX BEFORE
MEMBER X-3? I DO.
AHHHHHHH

That's odd considering she was basically Cannonball, who is in Fox's sandbox anyway.

That's weird if true, considering the changes they made to Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

probably just to play nice to each other, and make an standard to change in the future

it's almost like they're bullshiting for more of that good PR that the film was almost entirely sold around!

That sounds like a complete lie. NTW is just Cannonball. They just changed the gender and the name. And ended up with a better character. Since when is Ego a character Fox would have control over?

Maybe ego is in their ff4 package. Fuck they need to lose those rights

Someday...

>Ego
>Not Kang

This is why the MCU is shit now.

Silver Surfer, Fox has a good chunk of the space guys.

>Ego debuted in a fucking Thor comic.
To be fair, in that story he was introduced as an enemy of Galactus, and has frquently been associated with Galactus and the Silver Surfer more than with Thor, so there might have been a gray area.

>Ego
>not Kang
>not Galactus
>not Doom
I mean, the latter two probably wouldn't have been allowed, but still. Mother FUCK.

The fact that Fox was willing to let go of Ego is a sign they may be willing to let go of other characters that came with the FF rights that they have no intention of ever using.
We might see Kang and Annihilus in the MCU one day.
Or maybe seeing Marvel make a bunch of money off a movie with a character they let go of will make Fox unwilling to do this again in the future, who knows how studio execs think.

Fox probably considers Kang as being more valuable than Ego (and they'd be right), and would demand a lot more in exchange for it than permission to give a Z-Lister different powers.

I don't understand why anyone like kang/immortus/iron lad/rama-tut
His backstory, just this one characters fucking backstory, is more complex than all of kingdom hearts.

What's complex about Kang? He's a time traveller who has wrapped himself around time so much there are just a ton of him bouncing about anywhere and anywhen. Super easy to get concept.

No Ego, no DUDE MOM FUCKED A PLANET LMAO

You don't need to include all of his backstory. His basic character is a conqueror from the future that got so bored with how easy it was to take over his dystopian timeline that he went back in time seeking new challenges. He lives for battle, he sees the Avengers as his greatest and worthiest adversaries, and he has his own warrior sense of honor of wanting to beat them fair and square on the battlefield.

You don't need that part, it would be confusing to normal audiences.

I really liked NTW in this movie. Where can I read more about her?

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Ellie_Phimister_(Earth-616)/Appearances

The current Deadpool & the Mercs for Money series has started using a film-based version, if that's all you're interested in.

It's hard to say because she was completely different and was killed off in her first appearance. They brought her back to life years later and then modified her to be sorta similar to the film version.

>Doom
No Richards, no deal. Seriously the F4 are basically Doom's supporting cast, having him without them would suck.

They tried getting Galactus and Silver Surfer in the past, but Fox wouldn't give them. Marvel offered to extend the Daredevil rights for those two.

she was in x-force arc

I want to cuddle with NTW

Guys, I doubt Fox gave them their pick of the litter for Negasonic Teenage Warhead of all characters.

Considering they're still holding onto the F4 rights, I don't think Fox is eager to give those characters up.

inb4: killed in his first movie

Why didnt they just use Boom Boom?

Doom is all that matters, Doom is infinitely cooler, better, more fun, more interesting, and more awesome than the entire fantastic four.

>t. Victor Von Doom

they thought the name was awesome.

the character was written as Cannonball, Sam. Guthrie. and really still is. they didnt even bother giving her new powers for some reason.

Gunn confirmed the trade.