Has the Fusion of two characters to create one more powerful character ever been done in Western comic books...

Has the Fusion of two characters to create one more powerful character ever been done in Western comic books? Excluding symbiotes and parasites.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_IF0eKuu1Sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Speedy bump for answers

>Has the Fusion of two characters to create one more powerful character ever been done in Western comic books

Not sure, but the fusion of cultures to create an unstoppable character has been done before, it was pretty cool.

yep

Yes.

We also had it indirectly, like when Mjolnir or Caps shield gets passed around like a drunk whore. Or Norman Osborn wearing Iron Man armour, etc.

the amalgam universe
i also think (i dont watch it) but there are fusions in Steven Universe, not sure of that.

Come on Sup Forums how was Firestorm not the first answer here?

Pic related can kill majin boo and Vegito.

Should be a more common troupe. And used to solve conflicts with important character instead of minor ones like firestorm

firestorm is capable of solving all kind of conflicts, he can be OP as fuck

When he was a black lantern, by himself he was almost unstopable

DC could easily do it with the firestorm matrix powers. I don't know why they don't jump on that more often.

I guess I'll just keep that in my little back of tricks for when I write for them.

Shazuperman vs Gogeta. Who wins?

>>Sup Forums

>tfw Trunks is stronger than vegetto and gogeta

When will we get this as DLC for XV2 and Dokkan Battle?

Be glad Western media hasn't stopped as low as Dragon Ball Super.
I don't think I've ever seen a worse bait and switch as that or a Mary Sue as bad as Trunks

Trunks using Shining Spirit Bomb Sword of Plot will probably be the rainbow god leader for the 2 year anniversary

Trunks is our guy. Fuck you.

>People believe in Trunks so much that it makes a spirit bomb without him knowing, which he then turns into a sword
I really can't believe someone approved that

Dragonball for ONCE becomes something other than the Goku Variety Hour and people have the nerve to complain. Unbelievable.

Almost everything about the episode was shit, but the soundtrack was GOD TIER

youtube.com/watch?v=_IF0eKuu1Sw

Trunks and Gohan are literally the same thing, why wouldn't a Trunks that kept up training be potentially what Gohan kept projecting to be?

The character should entirely be dusting Goku and Vegeta.

>DB turns into power of friendship
>Act surprised when people don't like it

That wasn't really a fusion in the same sense though.

If you hadn't noticed Tori doesn't care.
Also characters using moves they've never seen isn't anything new.

Thanks for reminding me why I shouldn't bother with Super.

From what is this?

Dragon Ball Super episode 66
Easily the most hated episode in the series.

See

Marvel's Eternals can become one and form this.

>Easily the most hated episode in the series.
It hasn't reached that far yet.

>Almost everything about the episode was incredible, and the soundtrack was GOD TIER

fixed that for ya

Because retards are mad that their meme fusion didn't win.
It was never Goku and Vegeta's fight in the first place, I don't give a shit if Zamasu killed some alternate Goku.
It could've been handled a whole lot better, and I'm sure it will be in the manga but it just wasn't their fight to win.

Seriously, nigger?

The animation is good, but the plot takes a nose dive the series won't be able to recover from

>but the plot
I don't think you understand what series we're talking about here.

>world's most beautiful leg
somehow this is the best part. though strong bad would have something to say about that

Sandman and Hydro-Man once fused together into some mindless powerful mud creature. This traumatized Sandman so much after being seperated, that it's what first drove him into abandoning his life of crime (until Byrne came along).

>Retcon Vegito for the sake of Trunks' bullshit
>Don't even give Vegito his full hour
>The entire scene with the Bullshit Bomb
If you like this episode, you have some real shit taste

Oh, I do. This episode was that fucking bad.
It's worse than any fanfiction out there. It ripped off the end of GT and managed to be worse

>I'm sure it will be in the manga
I doubt it. Toyble has to get ahead of the anime before some time in December seeing as that's when the next arc is being announced.
He's less than half way through.

In other words its going to be rushed as fuck.

>MUH FUSION
Cuck

>I doubt it.
It will be, because the next dozen or so episodes are going to be entirely filler.
Maybe more.

>It ripped off the end of GT
How exactly? For starters it was Trunks that got the kill and not Goku. That alone sets a huge divide between Super and Goku Time.

>Fusion expires prematurely
>All hope seems lost
>Spirit Bomb out of nowhere
I swear I've seen this before

You're forgetting that this is a monthly manga and a weekly anime.
That and he's already rushing, you can see where it began mid tournament arc.

Right forgot the fusion.
That's one similarity.

What else? Because the spirit bomb isn't a sword and hopelessness has been in just about every arc since the Z era.

The venom red hulk ghost rider, from the last volume of Agent venom?

It will be a weekly manga soon

Vegito has always been shit
Fusion has always been shit

Like I said, made it worse.
Turning the Spirit Bomb into a fucking sword was painfully embarrassing to watch.

That's going to be hell for Toyble.

Using the power of friendship to win has always been massive shit
I don't even like Vegito that much. I just really fucking hate Trunks

>Turning the Spirit Bomb into a fucking sword because energy blades totally haven't been a thing since the Cooler movie.
Not to mentioning channeling Ki through something isn't anything new to the series.

seeing as Shazam has gone toe to two with supes and at best comes out on par and Vegeta usually looses to goku the answer should be pretty clear

God damn it.
This is why you don't type on a tablet kids.

As much as I loved this scene, not making him deal with Zamasu the same way he dealt with Frieza was a missed opportunity.

>Vegeta usually looses to goku
He's never actually lost to Goku.

>retconning vegito
>potarra earings sustaining a power that is vastly superior to the god of destruction of any given universe for the entire time
>spirit bomb absorbs itself into a glorified buster sword, capitalizing on trunks signature weapon since the android saga

i don't see what the problems are, the only thing you could possibly say is psuedo legendary super saiyan blue trunks being more powerful than universe 7 goku/vegeta, but in universe 6 neither of them exist and trunks has to fill the "void"

>It was never Goku and Vegeta's fight in the first place
this

I'm pretty sure that I'm being baited now.
If people had a problem with the ki swords, they would have dropped when Vegeta got stabbed
The bad part is "taking the power of hope and friendship and turning it into a sword." I want you to reread that part in quotations until you realize how fucking stupid it sounds

After stealing everyone's life force. Is he in God mode when we see the blue aura and no pupils??

>It's worse than any fanfiction out there
>GT
>SS bardock
>SS3 bardock
???????????

>I want you to reread that part in quotations until you realize how fucking stupid it sounds
This is Dragon Ball. Something like that happens once every arc.

The spirit bomb was essentially built on that foundation.
Then there's other things like using earrings to combine by slamming your crotches together, an old man dancing around and sleeping for 20+ hours to awaken hidden power and succeeding and power levels in general.

I'll say it again, I don't think you understand what series we are talking about.

I have a few questions I would like to ask about this page if you don't mind.

Might as well just say Heroes.
That's DB fanfiction gone awry.

>CTRL+F
>1 result
A good day, indeed

Firestorm can't transmute organic matter though.

Again, none of those things are bad as the power of friendship

The animation was godtier. Literally the best animated episode of Super, where all the rest was barely better than Z.

>This is Dragon Ball. Something like that happens once every arc.
It doesn't bother me, but people are annoyed, because it was essentially a miracle - everyone's power in the entire world spontaneously converging to Trunks without anyone using any technique or plot device (like a Dragonball wish) for that, it just happened because the writer thought it was thematically appropriate.

This kind of thing did happen in some anime-only material before, but it really annoys many hardcore fans that care about 'canon' since something like that never happened in the canon/manga series proper.

The Power of Friendship is very Japanese. I once watched a show where it was used to bring a guy back from the dead AND power his final form. If you don't like it then maybe you shouldn't watch Japanese media.

Remember me?

Dragon Ball sounds stupid. An alien monkey boy with a bunch of friends named after inanimate objects collect balls that summon a dragon while they do martial arts.

You're right, he didn't understand.

Giant testicles?

It's based on Journey to the West and Superman.

Comic books, user. SU is a cartoon first, whatever else second

Oh yeah, it's stupid. But even more than that, it's fun as fuck.

I especially enjoyed the part where the shape shifting cat and the little indian boy who looked like a girl saved their 12-year-old monk friend by beating up a vampire by breathing garlic in his face.
Classic.

I came.

It isn't based on Superman, only the idea of Vegeta and Nappa coming to Earth was inspired by Superman II, the rest has nothing to do with Superman.

>none of those things are bad as the power of friendship
Are you even hearing yourself right now?

You're saying the power of friendship and all things good isn't as bad as the power of friendship. Keeping in mindmthat the spirit bomb literally cannot hurt anyone that's pure of heart.

>since something like that never happened in the canon/manga series proper.
You'd be surprised especially where super saiyan in general is concerned and the aforementioned spirit bomb as well as Majin Buu still having an effect on Kid Buu before being spat out despite being visibly ripped out and essentially disconnected.
These things are scattered around DB and its nothing new.

Bringing the conversation back to Sup Forums....

Can we all agree that DBZ MULTIVERSE webcomic is waaaaay better than Super?

No.

>There are people in this thread right now defending dragon ball super

>being this new to Dragonball

No, DBZ Multiverse fucking sucks.

That shit makes GT look good.
And GT is then worst thing this series has to offer next to Evolution and Sagas.

he can turn organic matter into literal shit

As a fan of Dragon Ball Multiverse,

it's worse than Super.

So can I, what's your point?

Amorphus Supervillains tend to merge at some point. I remember Sandman and Hydro-man did one time.

Bait

How can anyone be a fan of that shlock?

It's more like I started reading it when I was younger, realized it was shit, but I still want to see how it ends.

Ah so less a fan and more a guy who just went "well I started it, might as well finish it"

It has some good ideas.

Fusion god namekian is one.

Apparently Dokkan's getting SSB Vegeto and Black Rose next week.