Lets Revamp Obscure Characters

Lets do something fun. Lets look back at old comic book characters and choose the ones with the strangest, most bizarre costumes you've seen. Then we find ways to update their costume as if they were new characters being introduced today, based of their characters' names and backstory. Artists and drawfriends are welcome to join in and show what the new designs would look like. No shitposting or company wars, just all of us working together and having fun.

This is Black Crow. After becoming paralyzed in a work accident he was visited by his native tribes spirits and they gave him the power to turn into a warrior to right wrongs. As you can see, the spirits have shitty designers and have no idea what the fuck warriors are supposed to look like.

If I was designing the costume I'd keep the yellow and black colour scheme and make him more bird like in appearance. He would be some mix of a Plague Doctor and the Grim Reaper where he has a black robe and a yellow plague mask with that beak. His bow would be an energy based bow rather that a wooden one that shots regular arrows. The markings on the skin would instead be yellow markings on his cloak and the hood would be coated with crow feathers.

Other urls found in this thread:

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Spider_(Quality)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Another old Native character, Red Wolf was a guy who was given strength and speed by a native god. Marvel really doesn't know what to do with Native people it seems. I know theres a new Red Wolf who is just a normal guy from the past but named Red Wold instead of it being a code name, but lets use the William Tall Trees version.

If I was keeping the wolf theme, I would try to make it more like a thick coat that goes all the way to the knees, rather than a waist coat/skirt mix. The hood would be a wolf head design and the pants would be a different shade of yellow, more like brown or camo. Basically like the DKR version of bane. The coat would be open and the undershirt would be a metallic looking body armour. Basically like Bane.

Mongoose blood, Son! The Whizzer was Marvel's original speedster before quicksilver came along. After being given a transfusion of mongoose blood (!?) The Whizzer gained great speed.

Since Reverse Flash showed that yellow can look good in live action, the yello colour should be kept. Instead of the underwear of power, like all superheroes seemed to have, almost as if it was an obligation, the suit should be more like a yellow one piece with black speed lines all across the arms and legs. Rather than the lines being straight, the lines should be diagonal and zigzagged as if they are like long stretched out W's. And befitting his status as an old superhero, he should be in his seventies and feel more like and old hero from the sixties coming out of retirement. Which is why he still thinks bright vibrant yellow is an appropriate colour instead of something more muted

whoops, forgot pic

Sunfire, Japan's most powerful hero. Probably. Basically a big bungle of Japanese stereotypes rolled into one. A Japanese guy affected by Hiroshima who gained fire powers. Real classy. And the costume is just as dumb.

Firstly, the mask has to go. Its supposed to look more like a fire ball but looks more like a starfish. If there has to be a mask, then it should be only a small one that stops at the nose and only has a few points. A bit like Kamina's sunglasses from Gurren Laagan. The white lines should be made slimmer and instead of being in the chest, should be in the legs. The chest meanwhile should have those yellow lines on the arms, and intead of being in a fire pattern, should look more like burn marks from radiation, and it should cover the left side of the chest and make it look like it spreading farther right. The rest of the top is just plain red with no detail so as to keep the radiation design more apparent.

Cassandra Can is now Flamebird!

She has a very long batarang that works like a sword, batshurikens and other ninja gadgets.

Sunfire is obscure?
Also he wasn't the one affected by Hiroshima, so he wouldn't have radiation buns. He's a mutant, like an X-MEN mutant.
Also his costume is badass,

CASS AIN'T OBSCURE

Sunfire's pretty obscure. He's an important guy within the Marvel universe, but really he's a C-lister at best.

Not so much a revamp as just a vague ongoing idea.
We get a good Artist that does over the top metal shit and a decent writer who's on board to facilitate metal shit being done in the plots. Then we just have Troll running around being Metal as fuck.

They should really resurrect and do something with Freedom Ring, Talk about potential being wasted with poorly thought out choices.

Eh, don't go full metal. Otherwise you get over the top 90's shit like Death Cry. Talk about overdone. She could use a total revamp from head to toe. You could actually salvage the character a bit. A bit

i'd be down for a Frank Frazetta-esque series with folks like Troll, Starr, Crystar, etc.

Scourge of the Underworld

If anything, he doesn't need to bee redesigned at all. He just needs to appear. He's a guy that puts on makeup and prosthetics and can disguise himself as anyone. His normal face is a skull face looking thing. All he really needs to do is appear. Imagine him as sort of an anti-crime leader who runs a sort of underground movement in various cities around the world, taking out criminal empires and crime rings. He can be anywhere and be anyone and you won't know until its too late.

But going full over the top 90s shit is the fun of it. I mean she's practically there as it is. She's a man-eating rape baby demi-god. I'm not saying go full retard but to have fun with the concept while maintaining good quality.
See this dude gets it.

Now for DC. The Spider is an old golden age archer that was designed as a replacement for Green Arrow when he was on the Seven Soldiers of victory. Only it turns out there's a twist! He's actually a bad guy pretending to be a hero. There's a lot you can do with his design.

I was actually thinking that you could give him a design similar to Yellowjacket from the ant-man movie but without the doc ock arms,and more like leather and rags than power armour. He has a full face mask with big eye holes and he has wrist mounted bolt launchers. and he swings around on ropes shot from the wrist launcher and he hides upside down from the ceiling. Basically Green Arrow's ultimate nemesis, Oliver but evil and much more faster and versatile.

>Firstly, the mask has to go
Stopped reading there.

Technically, it's the DC version who's a bad guy pretending to be a hero. The Quality Comics stuff might be in the public domain, but obviously you can't use the history set up by James Robinson and others.

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Spider_(Quality)

I said literally the same exact thing before OP. If nothing else they could use him for Arrow or something.

Now heres a character that I feel ISN'T EDGY ENOUGH! His name is ballistic and strangely enough was once a member of the Gotham police force.

Instead of being the worst aspects of the 90's he can now be the worst aspects of the 10's. Poorly constructed power armour like Halo. Gears of War chainsaw guns. Rocket fists! With Spikes! The one type of character where you can go even more edgelord and still make it work!

What do you got?

Give him a red hoodie and camo pants. His face covered with a balaclava with a toothy skeleton smile. And fingerless gloves. Can't be totally rad without fingerless gloves. And he has a bandoleer around his chest, but instead of bullets it'll be skateboard wheels. He needs extras since he's hitting criminals with his board. And it makes a great back up chain weapon if need be.

Night Thrasher was on the money, you know. Even Punisher saw the benefits of a skateboard shield/club

Roy Raymond is a detectve with a reality show and struggles to solve the crimes on camera

I miss National Comics

FRYMAN, THOSE ARE MY FREAKIN' AZALEA BUSHES

haven't you seen his AoA look?

Is being a drunken, bitter asshole a Japanese stereotype?

Genius teenager who loves to skate invents hoverskates. At first he thinks to get rich by selling them, but since he's a teenager he doesn't know how business works and gets his patent stolen. Nobody believes him since he's a teenager who couldn't possible have invented hoverskates. Not only that, but he's forbidden from using his own invention due to legal battles. So he dons a hoodie and facemask to be able to use his hoverskates without getting sued.

He's mostly just riding around having fun, because that's what a teenager with hoverskates would do. But then the skatepark gets invaded by drugusers and assholes starting fights. Fights that SkateMan finishes. This gets the attention of the scummy lawyer who stole the patent, who sends goons after him and whatnot, so the fight goes on. At heart it will be a title about a young teenager doing what he can to fight urban decay, people preying on inner-city teens and how nobody believes that they're capable of accomplishing anything.

im not a great artist but if you give me some characters ill try and sketch redesigns of them

bump

How not great an artist are you?

Try to do what I said in the OP. Plague doctor meets grim reaper. Doesn't have to be super great, it's just an idea I had and I want to see what it's like on paper

Well I can't unsee that ever again. And I'm sure if Carl was a super hero he'd be a 90's guy

Yes. Japs love their beer. And their bitterness. And being assholes.