What did Sup Forums think of this terrible movie? Completely butchered Strange as a character

What did Sup Forums think of this terrible movie? Completely butchered Strange as a character.

Tell me what you think Strange's character is, please.

>Completely butchered Strange as a character.
How exactly did it do that?

Still better than the series Aaron is writing.

He went from arrogant classist old man that learns kindness and humility to an arrogant classist hip young man that makes shitty jokes and doesn't learn anything.
He was still a complete ass at the end of the movie, just an ass that knew magic.

It was great

>Completely butchered Strange as a character.
Go away Sup Forums and stop pretending you read comics.

Disappointed Marvel still won't embrace mysticism in the MCU, but I don't know what I expected after the Thor movies.

But he was willing to sacrifice himself to eternal looping suffering and death in order to save other people, once he let go of his ego.

Did you watch the whole movie? Or did you get scared and have your mom take you out to the lobby?

So will the MCU ever do a movie around a new character that isn't an origin story?

So they made him exactly like he is in the comics?

Possibly the Inhumans?

user, I've come to bargain.

Black Panther.

They tried to turn him into Tony Stark when he should've been more like Cumberbatch's rendition of Sherlock Holmes.

>that makes shitty jokes and doesn't learn anything.
So now you have a choice. You have to decide whether to admit to shitposting, or have people think that, as dumb as MCU movies are, you're still not smart enough to understand them.

>They tried to turn him into Tony Stark
Again, you mean like in the comics?

>kills a random henchman, goes back to see if he is ok, than laments that as a doctor he should only save lives, never kill
>is willing to sacrifice himself to a repeating time loop, with no one to remember his sacrifice, to stop the bad guy
>when the ancient one was wounded, he immediately rushed her to the ER, without second thoughts or doubt
he does in fact seem to have grown as a character, and his inflated ego becomes a large ego instead

He's an arrogant man that cannot give up control to something greater than him. That was the major issue, and in the comics that is how Strange is able to harness magic so well whereas someone like Doom has issues.

Throughout the movie Strange relied more and more on others. He stopped being selfish, he started giving up control. Like when the Ancient One was injured, he grabbed the scalpel, paused, and passed it to the other guy. He gave up control there, and he was willing to give up his life thousands of times to stop Dormammu. That was pretty decent development.

They completely fucked up his origin story and his character. Why the fuck would Hugo Strange learn magic? Why does he have hair and where the fuck are the Batman characters?

Great visuals 10/10.

He gave up the scalpel out of necessity though, not because he truly believed in that man.
I guess him putting himself in the loop was selfless, but it was all so poorly executed.
Nothing about it felt like he really changed to me.

You knew that there was no danger in the loop, he didn't really risk his life. Dormmamu could've killed him 1,000 times and he would've just came back.

You fucking idiot, the movie wasn't about Hugo Strange, it was about A D A M Strange

you sir explained it well

The danger is that he could have gotten stuck doing that literally for all of time.

Eventually Pucci would've reset the world and he would've gotten out.

What the fuck are you talking about. Marvel took their bland sjwverse and turn it in really successful and entertaining cinematic univserse (sometimes). Dr.Strange was good action flick.

That's completely unrealistic, Dormammu was already very annoyed by the second time Strange came back.
And Strange was such a dick in the movie that I wouldn't feel bad for him if was stuck doing that forever.

But Strange didn't know that going in. He could have spent a lot more time getting smashed by Dormammu.

I think the fights and combat in general were god awful.

Shits magic, its not hard to make it look good. I have no idea why they turned a fight between mages into a martial arts brawl with a million fucking cuts every second. It was like a Captain America fight scene but with shit directing.

There are a bunch of other issues, but I haven't seen people talking about this one.

It's also possible it didn't show us exactly how long he was doing that. He could have gone in to bargain millions of times and we were only shown a short montage of it.

>There are a bunch of other issues
elaborate