Does Sup Forums like Superman at all?

Does Sup Forums like Superman at all?
When talking about Superman, almost every conversation would derail to "Batman is better" or "I like Batman more"
Is Superman now just the rival character to Batman for all conversations involving him?

Superman is just boring man. So it's no surprise a Superman thread will just drift to a more superior character, in this case Batman.

It's just the batfags, they like to think the character they worship is superior for some reason.

When written good he's fantastic.
But in 99% of cases, he's written poorly, as a mary sue.

One of his major problems is that he lacks personality.

Superman - the one guy with the greatest powers possible, chooses to do the right thing. Not because muh parents, or muh shot uncle, but because it's the right damn thing to do with powers like his. He is free from wanting ultimate power, because he already has it.

Whilst all the other heroes are dark, cool and cynical (which is often mistaken for being smart), Superman is optimistic, heroic and believes in the good in people. He even treats his enemies with respect unlike, say, Spider-Man who berates his villains whilst breaking their bodies.

And this is the hero people hate.

The only time any of the Supers have been interesting to me is when they're interacting with each other. I never get tired of the lame "I remember you when you were a baby" jokes Kara gets to make

this is the mindset of an utter pleb

bait

More like 5% of cases. The vast majority of Superman comics are high quality, with very few bad ones. I'd say less than 100 in his entire history are bad.

i like longhaired superman and I like the death and return storyline. i also like DCAU's unique version of supergirl and a lot of its other shit
lois and clark was a good show too

Superman with long hair is baller and I like the reign of the supermen arc. The other guys are so cool.

I love both Superman and Spiderman.

I love Supes because he is the quintessential hero, hes good, courageous, kind, respectful, and sees the good in pretty much everyone. Which is why I hate whenver I see people whine about Superman being a good person and wanting to see gritty Superman, or all those garbage Superman turns evil storylines.

SUPERMAN

THE MAN OF STEEL

SUPERMAN

No idea why the pic was saved like that.

>check Superman thread
>is about complaining about other heroes

Yep, nothing new to see I guess.

Batfag here. All true batfags know superman and Batman are ultimate bro's and cherish the relationship between the two as iconic and enduring for a variety of reasons.
The BatmanvsSuperman discussion is a cancer on the medium and the direct result of a bunch of man children either ass blasted by one good alt-universe or trying to force said alt-universe as canon despite the idea at it's core being fucking retarded.

Real batfag here. This fag is a pleb. Batman is superior in everyway possible.

i dont hate superman, I haven't read any of his comics outside of him crossing into other people's comics. I just don't think he's that interesting, I like heroes with flaws and he doesn't really give me that. If superman never existed and his character was created today I think his comic sales would be shit.

Superman's time is over, faggot. Time to make way for Captain Marvel (Shazam).

:^)

No he is a cunt.

Wow, Superman is a cuck.

I hate edgy Supes. If I wanted that I'd go read practically any other comic.

LOL.

Superman fans are possibly the most insecure fanbase on this website desu.

Show me 101 bad Superman comics. Might even bump it up to 6% if you show me 150.

Oh look, another Superfag starts a thread talking about Batman. You guys are are seriously insecure.

Sup Forums loves superman, it's just the regular faggot that derails everything every time

I like superman.I really don't care for Batman. I don't think they need to be juxtaposed, but do think in some ways they are made to be.

oh the irony

Superman isn't as loved because he no longer reflects America.

Long gone are the days where a man could walk in the city and feel safe and do the right thing because he knows justice exists.

We live In times where vigilantism has become a necessity and no one trusts anyone (no matter which side of the debate you fall on).

Batman better reflects the modern political climate.

I've been in tons of threads that were derailed by Supesfags....a lot of times not even involving Batman, but even Marvel characters

Supesfags are as obnoxious, pushy, and elitist as any other group of "fags" on this board but in modern culture everyone likes to play the victim , even fans of the most iconic super hero ever have to make up excuses to feel victimized by people who don't agree with them

Point it out

I'm not that user, but I'm going to take a wild guess and assume he's saying it's ironic because they think Batfags talk shit about Superman

Just a guess

Show me at least a dozen great Superman stories then. Hard mode: No pre crisis, no out of continuity or limited series.

I want to like him, because as points out, he's a being that can do anything, and he chooses to do the right thing. But i don't like his catchphrase "Truth, Justice and the American way". When i think in the United States, goodness it's not the first thing that comes to my mind.

Not trying to bring Sup Forums here, just my honest opinion. Bats is not that much of a nationalist icon, so i can relate to him more.

>But i don't like his catchphrase "Truth, Justice and the American way".
It used to be "truth, justice, and freedom."

He is a cunt.

I love Superman.

The people who say they don't are those, who've only ever seen the OP Donner Superman or the fucking terrible Snyder Superman.

Donner and Snyder both have good versions so that's a bad theory.

Better theory is that they're degenerates and seeing someone who is actually a good person triggers them. Basically, "not being a degenerate" means "TOO PERFECT" for them. It's disgusting.

Batman needs to be fixed to be like his older incarnation. We really do need a "Return of the Caped Crusader." I hope Snyder delivers this on JL. Feels like it's building up to that.

This is gonna be tough because I love Silver and Golden Age Superman. Not only that, but I rarely catch the names or numbers of the comics I read.

I'm not at my computer right now so this is from memory. I know for sure Action Comics #775 was awesome. Grant Morrison's New 52 Action Comics were good too. I liked the post-crisis Superman/Batman comics but I don't think many of those are canon. Joe Casey's Superman comics were top tier though. Rebirth Superman is also good; for sure I can remember #6-10, but I remember 1 and 2 only being mediocre. I think that should be enough if we count them individually.

Mostly my point was that Superman doesn't have that many bad comics. Many of them are mediocre at the very least, and the majority of them are good to great.

>It's just the batfags, they like to think the character they worship is superior for some reason.

Probably having better stories?

Supermanfags have a serious inferiority complex

>as a mary sue.

Mary Sue is not a blanket term for goody-two-shoes, boyscout type characters.

Sup Forums should learn to use the word.

I love Superman, and 'which character is better' conversations don't really do much for me. I don't think its really worth debating.

It's not possible for a human, as far as we've seen, to become as powerful as superman.

People like Bat-man because though he's on the edge of what is humanly possible, it's still within reach.

You could say that his intellect, strength, skill and wealth are impossible, but they're not. They're almost impossible.

And we know it.

>Kents to teach him truth, justice, and the American way.
Superman is >>Trump.

>Not because muh parents

That's exactly why Superman does it. Because his parents made him a good boy.

If the Kents weren't that important to the mythos of Superman than we wouldn't have Elseworlds stories like "Superman: Dark Side" that show what happens when there is no Kents to teach him truth, justice, and the American way.

Superman is >>>Trump.

>Sup Forums - Television and film jr.
>Knowing or liking anything other than Batman and Marvel movies

l m a o

I liked Supeman as a kid. As an adult I just don't think he is all that interesting since he is impossible to take seriously.

>Sup Forums
>liking Batman over Superman
>Batman fans derailing Superman thread

So things that never happen

I mean he barely says American way anymore and has really been distanced from his nationalist roots.

Ultimately I'm fine with Superman as a character that, like Captain America, likes America at its best but isn't afraid to criticize America at its worst.

Sup Forums generally likes Superman a lot. Also, only fags fight for who is better, real gentlemen like both Superman and Batman.

It's just the same as Captain America The American Way does not reflect what America really is. It's just an ideal to strive towards. I'm not from USA but I can understand that those are good ideals independently of where you live in.

Superfsg here. Just happy to see there's someone on the otherside who thinks these discussions are as stupid as I do. Supes and Bats are supposed to be the ultimate bros, not enemies and the fact that so many fans feel the need to shit on one of them to make the other look better does a disservice to the characters.

High as fuck Superman is a gift.

Eh there isn't anything wrong with this. Batman just lost his superman. It's not a surprise he'd still be testy around the replacement.

Honestly, all the overexposure of Batman has made me resent the character and his rogue gallery. Superman is conservative and refreshing in comparison.

Snyder's version is ridiculously good because the Kents gave him a choice to either help humanity or not, and he decided to help it despite being bullied along the way. Man of Steel was great.

Oh yeah I love this page for that exact reason. It's good for both of them. I didn't mean any sort of negativity from it.

He's a nationalistic symbol. Snyder, DC, and WB can try to make compatible for the rest of the World by stripping him of his nationalistic roots but it's not working. The original fans aren't biting.

Man of Steel was terrible. Snyder's objectivist philosophy really ruins the character.

I like the page when Wondy finds Batman crying over the death of Clark. I mean bruce is always ready to die or lose his family, but Superman is THE person he loves he believes will never get taken from him.

You can spot a hack writer pretty easily: they don't get the friendship of bats and superman right.

How was it bad? He put aside his objectivist philosophy for this movie because Superman annihilates it. You know the way you think doesn't HAVE to affect everything you make, right?

Batman reacting to Supes death in the New52 has been interesting.

Batfags don't play the victim, they play the bully, just like godzillafags.

But Batmanhaters are pure CANCER. They could make threads about ted kord, or their fVORITE xmen, but no... instead we get 30 why batman doesnt just kill the joker threads a day.

Superman is great

I hope he kills Superdad.

>not liking both

Doubt it'll go that far but It'll be hard for writers to give bats and Superdad the kind of close relation that Bats and Superbro did without it feeling cheap. They had to earn their friendship and it was something that grew together. I'm worried the writers are just going to say "They're friends now" and expect us to accept that.

Batman hate him .

Did they kill him again?

This board has bat-cancer real bad.
It ruins everything.

Killed him and instantly replaced him. You know cause fuck anyone attached to Superbro.

I'm not upset that they killed Superman again as much as I'm upset at how lazy they are with the ideas.

It is a pretty blatant rehash of the original death of Superman. You have the new Superboy in Super-Man, there's been a return of the Eradicator, a kinda Cyborg superman has been bothering Supergirl, Steel is still around. Doomsday showed up for some reason. Honestly I'm still not sure what the endgame is going to be in relation to Superdad and Superbro. Hopefully it's not too fucking stupid.

Superman is good.

I like both. I just like Superman better.
I don'y know why their fans are always at each others throats.

>Better theory is that they're degenerates and seeing someone who is actually a good person triggers them. Basically, "not being a degenerate" means "TOO PERFECT" for them. It's disgusting.
>The character you like defines your worth as human being
>You can only empathize with characters that share your same values

kys please.

>You can only empathize with characters that share your same values

This is true for people who hate Superman though. They don't have the brain power to empathize with anyone not like them.

I love Superman, he's my favorite superhero, I just don't like his movies much.

For me, he's a character who works best in the comics.

What about animated shows and movies? Some of his best moves look really cool when animated.

Only after Batfags and Marvelfags.

Superman lacks personality in the same way that white people lack culture. It's a meme.

I enjoy the Fleischer Serials. I haven't seen any other animated show or movie.

And this is why people hate Supermanfags.