Did he truly even learn from his past mistakes?

Did he truly even learn from his past mistakes?

What was the moral of the story?

Incredible Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T1ll0tfclUA
youtube.com/watch?v=x1qZYxAJkYk
youtu.be/dK_OKGELcn0?t=2m36s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The moral is that people shouldn't be ashamed for being exceptional.

The only real mistake that he made was trying to work alone, which he clearly came to terms with by forming a superhero team with his family.

Kind of ironic that one would tell this to millions of normal people but I guess it does get it's point across.

Also I would also say he was quite a dickhead when he was young. I don't think his main past mistake could be solved by teaming up with his family. I mean he was responsible for several super hero deaths

People always miss that Flash accepts to get in second place.

>he was quite a dickhead
For what? Not letting a child accompany him while he fought a guy throwing explosives?

Anyone else get the impression the movie would have been Falling Down with superpowers if Syndrome hadn't intervened? There's a deleted scene where Bob stops a robber in traffic and when the police don't thank him and just tell him to get back in his car he looks like he's ready to kill them.

>Shooting a child out of a car
>Not giving a fuck about a guys fractured bones (Showing no concern probably gave him more incentive to pursue the lawsuit)

Although I can understand what you mean. Buddy was quite a dickhead. Although he was just a child

youtube.com/watch?v=T1ll0tfclUA

Can you find this scene? I don't remember

How come the villains all disappeared after supers got outlawed?

Do stories really need to have morals? Can't we just watch something to be entertained? Yes, I know I'm at odds with Plato's theory with this one but eh.

This is such a good question. What the fuck

Probably went underground and realized they made way more money going corporate than they ever did in costumes. You dump a load of toxic sludge into a swamp to give the local population of a town cancer after you embezzled them and you only get in trouble if you're wearing tights when you do it? Hanging up the Domino mask was probably the best thing that ever happened to them.

The only remotely canon example we have is that arch-villain Elastigirl had in the comics and she did basically the same thing the Parrs did: settle down into a new life and put the old one behind her.

People don't build ejector seats to cripple their passengers.

About 29 minutes in.

youtube.com/watch?v=x1qZYxAJkYk

I meant the guy he save via tackle through the window. He's like "I think i broke something". He's like "eh whatever, you'll thank me later"
I wish there were more reactions like this but him in his costume. Give a little more reference to the banning of Heroes. I can tell why this was scraped, it wasn't really necessary.. Especially since he wasn't in his hero outfit

>not giving a fuck about a guy's fractured bones
Yea, what a dick, right? How dare he save that man's life?
>Shooting a child out of a car
Exactly how do you think ejector seats work?

Sometimes its not enough just to be credible. Sometimes, you need to be ... credible.

>Not giving a fuck about a guys fractured bones

He had to stop a mimic with bombs 15 seconds after jumping into the building.

Come to think of it, why didn't Bob become a cop instead of an insurance salesman?

I'm sure this will probably be an important thing in the sequel. What the villians were up to

Probably the money, and hiding his powers like Helen wanted for him and the family.

The idea is to not stand out, man. Bob as a cop would put the rest to shame. Not to mention, he was a damn good insurance agent if helping people was the metric. He knew every little way to help those that were disenfranchised.

Maybe they didn't feel like pressing their luck. Civilians turn on the supers, and the government allowed legislature to be passed that put them out of business. Heroes were the people who were strong enough to take them in without killing them. When a guy with a mechatank starts tearing up banks the cops probably don't have a lot of options other than to use lethal force to take him out. Also according to the DVD special features one of the better liked heroes didn't have a No Kill rule so it's not like civilians would be against cops using lethal force.

"People don't like superheroes? Well, fuck 'em. Superheroes are rad."

>What was the moral of the story?
If a ginger kid idolizes you, try not to piss him off.

>If a ginger kid idolizes you, kill the soulless monstrosity
FTFY

>Gee whiz Officer Parr, sure was weird how all those bullets bounced off you!
>Officer Parr, can you explain how you threw that exploding bomb three miles into the air?
>Dammit Parr, you're a loose cannon! If I hear one more report about you lifting fleeing cars with your bare hands I'll bust you back down to Traffic so fast it'll make your head spin!

The important thing about retirement was that they had to keep their powers a secret. Insurance salesmen was about as far from a career that would reveal his identity as he could get.

These two got it.
The key is not standing out.
If Bob were a cop, even if he dialed back his strength, he'd eventually end up doing something to reveal his power level.
Plus I think it works on a story telling level.
A cop has some semblance of fulfillment for an ex-super hero, protect and serve and whatnot.
Underpaid pencil pusher in a small cubicle with muted colors works better story wise.

So what could the next movie be about (You could talk about your ideas too)

Dealing with the multiple numbers of murders indirectly caused by Mr. Incredible

The villians popping back up due to heroes finally being shown again (Can't wait for a nice explanation about this)

Family vs Buddies family in an act of revenge. Or probably just 1 super genius in the family

Some type of civil war within heroes?

Or Generic super battle boss that is evil because K

What all do we know about the sequel?

Holy shit

I think a timeskip is confirmed, but that's literally it. It isn't going to be them fighting the underminer.

>It isn't going to be them fighting the underminer.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Heroes coming out of hiding and the world dealing with that. Naturally villains start doing the same and boom, movie.

Another question is will Marvel come into play at all?
>Disney owns Marvel
>Disney owns Pixar
>Samuel L Jackson has a prominent role in The Incredibles and The Avengers
Both existing in the same universe is farfetched but a little tongue in cheek reference from Frozone isn't out of the question.

We haven't had anything confirmed about the story.

Timeskip is just wishful thinking because of stuff like pic-related

They did that as a vidya back in the Gamecube/PS2 days.

I wouldn't mind if it was just the kids growing up and trying to figure out what to do with their lives. One goes full hero all the time, one tries a completely normal life and the other tries to keep a balance.

I'm thinking Bob and Helen are gonna be grandparents, Dash is either a college dropout, or completely burnt out from college, and Jack will be a young teen who's still not completely under control with his powers. I could see Pixar going the route of a main villain able to take away the abilities of Supers.Probably not someone from the main cast, but another Super that we're introduced to that was good pals with Bob and Lucius back in the day will get their powers taken away, with the rest of the cast banding together to take this guy down.

With a multi-billion dollar government plan because Brad Bird is probably a libertarian.

Violet's the one with kids, if not mentioning her didn't tip you fellas off.

Because thought wasn't put into making the earlier setting logical, it was an idealized urban superhero setting to the point where multiple incidents were happening in one major metropolitan area in a single afternoon - and that was just Mr. Incredible took care of.

Multiple morals some were nonstarters.
The importance of realizing you don't have to go alone hits.
The embracing the now is a bit muddled since Bob gets over being stuck in his past glory by gaining new glory with his family.
The whole theme about exceptional people being shit on is all over the place. In they settle for being second place while being badass in secret? What's that supposed to say really?

You guys are seeing this on the wrong way.

First movie was ABOUT a dysphunctional family, dealing with Middle Age crisis. Flash is hyperctive, and Violet is a self hating emo.

The super hero stuff highlight it and is used in analogies, Mr.Incredible "cheating" Helen and all.

You guys should be asking which FAMILY DYNAMIC they will deal. This guy is likely on the right path

How about a time skip so far, Bob and helen are both dead and the kids are grown up?

this is now my favorite picture on the internet

That might be too much. Bob and Helen being less prevalent than their kids is fine but dead is too far.

>mfw rewatching Incredibles last week
>mfw the affair allegory
>mfw realizing capes are symbolic of baseless arrogance

It makes me want to go rewatch all of the Pixar movies if all of them have shit like this I didn't get as a kid.

Will Edna change the costumes again?

The red one still modern and looking great.

Hope she dos not ruin it.

They went to that same magical place that liberals believe criminals would put their illegally acquired, illegally used guns if we just passed enough laws

>there's a timeskip
>they knew Edna's mind was starting to go because her costumes started being a lot less formfitting and a lot more flowy
>but the last straw was the cape

He learned that murdering your enemies by throwing cars at them works just fine

Syndrome tried to kill his entire family at once with missiles, killed dozens of heroes with murder robots, and then almost destroyed a city with a huge murder robot. THEN he tried to abduct their infant child. If there's any Pixar villain that deserves to die, it's definitely Syndrome

Let's not forget that his huge murder robot learned how to disobey his orders.
Real genius all right.

>Real genius all right
How well does your huge murder robot work again?

I mean... Is it really that unlikely that the government had them assassinated? Hell, they probably knew or at least suspected that Syndrome was killing supers as well, but simply didn't stop him because he was doing their dirty work for him.

I could definitely see it for most of them. Dudes like Bomb Voyage are either rotting behind bars or had the goon squad sent after them long ago. The more powerful ones either got recruited or they sent one of the government controlled supers that I'm sure exist after them.

I kind of imagine that the powered supervillains were probably mostly dead by the time Mr. Incredible was getting sued. The early part of the movie seems to be a bit like the tail end of the "superpowered" era.

They could have had their minds wiped. Apparently the government can do that.

can we stop beating around the bush and down to the real reason for the season?

incredibles threads are for sfw boners

"Dash"

I find it unlikely that they were ALL assassinated. Don't get me wrong, a good deal of them probably were. But I think the government probably cut deals with as many of the more intelligent supervillains as they could in order to benefit from their talents, "Operation Paperclip"-style.

I want to see a villain that was causing troubles just because he liked to go toe-to-toe with supers and became depressed when Gov decided to ban&hide heroes.

Tony Stark didn't learn the lesson

>Violet hips modest
Hmmmm....

>literally capable of running faster than the eye can track
>implying he cares what place he gets

If they caught them is probably the case. They seem to have access to memory alteration technology.

Id love to hear a tidbit in Incredibles 2 how some heroes ended up working for the government. Yea....like watchmen, but it makes sense. What if they got a prof X like mother fucker erasing peoples heads as need be.

orphans and how fucked up it was to have wards

This guy was rated a 7.9 on the threat level scale and actually destroyed two Omnic Droids before finally being killed.

He didn't fuck around

This scene made me feel funny
youtu.be/dK_OKGELcn0?t=2m36s

>People always miss that Flash accepts to get in second place
yeah but only because IT WAS ME BARRY, I WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE IN FIRST PLACE!

I'm going to be upset if there aren't any supervillains in the sequel. Syndrome was pretty cool but he looks like a Saiyan circus clown.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Which is a terrible lesson for children.

No wonder they waited more than 10 years for a sequel

>don't waste your potential in order to fit in with other people
>don't fetishize mediocrity
>bad lesson
smugface.jpg

>Did he truly even learn from his past mistakes?

what mistake did he actually make? From what I remember, Buddy fucked up the situation for him and by extension every other super hero.

And Buddy was an entitled brat who thought his Number One fan status meant he had to be Mr Incredible's sidekick and that copying shit he saw on TV was a substitute for actual training.

>a multi-billion dollar, privacy-invading governmental program is a libertarian solution

>Syndrome doesn't think being a Tinker is a superpower

>Just now noticing the same thing that turned Syndrome into a villain (Something getting caught on his cape) is the same thing that killed him.

apparently no one did.

The cruel irony of all is that Buddy very likely was a super. A super genius. A regular 10 year old kid wouldn't know how to make rocket boots. And even in adulthood, a made an advanced robot and thousands of other inventions that he sold off to make millions.

The moral there was let your kid find productive ways to get the energy out and don't hinder them because of your misgivings

In most settings being a super genius isn't actually treated as a superpower. Iron Man has no powers, Mr. Terrific and Lex Luthor have no powers, the Rocket from Legion of Nothing has no powers, etc. Honestly the only other instance of it being treated as a legitimate superpower outside of Worm is when Richie suddenly becomes a super genius in Static Shock.

Any policeman or paramedic who saved a suicidal person while injuring him wouldn't be given the slightest amount of flak.

It's always been a superpower to me. The things they do often occur completely outside of the boundaries of the laws of nature. It takes some sort of higher power to thread all that nonsense together and make it functional.

>that slight tit jiggle

That's because Richie was dosed with Big Bang gas and it made him smarter. For The Leader, super-intelligence is his power because the gamma radiation made him smarter.
As far as we know, no weird internal or external force made Stark or Luthor smarter than average.

I always thought that the insurance agent thing was a naive attempt by a younger, less jaded Bob to still be a hero. Like people said, something as "front lines" as a cop wouldn't have panned out, so he probably talked over his options with Helen and eventually settled on the insurance business, thinking along the lines of "helping people recover from crisis... yeah... yeah, that's not bad".

Which is why he knows all the little rules and ins and outs, like we saw with the little old lady. He put everything he had into learning how to get people the most help he could... and seems to have been repeatedly dismissed and chastised for costing the company money for his efforts.

Trapped in a job he's grown to hate, surrounded by suffering he is actively discouraged against really helping with, it's not surprising Bob's so worn down at the start.

I can understand Mr. Incredible being ranked most dangerous, but why the immense power gap between him and all other supers (besides Gamma Jack)?

He's Superman. Being generically "powerful" is his entire concept.

Others have more specific concepts with more obvious weaknesses.

Gamma Jack gave them all cancer. Guy was a fucking freak from the audiologes.

No supers was obviously a bad thing. The implication is Brad Bird would be AGAINST the government's plan.