Poppy O'Possum

>AKA: "The story I wrote to have an excuse to draw Poppy in dress suits for a while.."

It's happening!

Lookin' pretty professional there, Hallia.

aw she has a picture of her family on her desk

So Lilly will be the one taking care of diplomacy in the end?

Hallia IS a professional
she's just also a lush on the side

>See the cover and instantly think "Damn I bet the idea for this chapter started with Morbi wondering how he could have Poppy wear that outfit"

>read the hidden message right after

HA! still as predictable I see

Is that Harley's shadow?

Isn't it Lily?

Let me have this, I've been waiting for Charlie and Harley to come back for a year and a half.

Hillary doesn't own the exclusive rights to pant suits.

>In which Poppy gets Political (but not "real world" political, because EESH).

its almost certainly Steel Heel Ophelia
i bet that SHO is gonna try and pick a fight while Poppy ties her best to be accommodating and polite and refusing to take bait til SHO take it too far and they both cause egregious property damage

Let's see. Looks like Poppy has begun her duties as Kit's Opossum Ambassador. This means that the comic takes place at the earliest in the spring as that's when Kit said her and Chicadino's appointments would take place. She is also wearing a FUCKING ADORABLE professional outfit. Wear it with pride Poppy.
We have Hallia as Poppy's assistant so we're definitely gonna get more Hallia this chapter so that's great. She's looking very professional, she just needs to keep the whiskey at a arms distance.
On Poppy's desk we have two framed photos. The first is the Possum family pic we've seen in the past, just with added glare. The second though is a new one. There's an opossum in it holding up what I think is some kind of drawing or map. The second figure I thought was either a new character or just some background character of no importance, but then I saw the horizontal pupils and I went though the archive and I saw that the goat assistant that Kit bumps into while going up the stairs looks exactly like her, so I wouldn't be surprised if she is in this chapter. She and Poppy both work for Kit's kingdom. Perhaps she is helping with the opossum situation.
Then we have the painting on the wall of Kit. It at first looks like a typical portrait of a leader that one might have hanging in their office. However Kit looks really damn tired in it and she is wearing her Poppy 6 outfit. Two theories I can make are this was taken when Kit was going days without sleep working on her father's cure, or (hopefully not), this represents her current mood in this chapter, and that she his still struggling balancing taking care of herself and working on the cure, along with running the kingdom. Either way I hope the little furball is okay.
The shadow I think is Harley, as I don't think Lily is tall enough to cast that large a shadow and Charlie did get carried away by Fazzi last time we saw him. Perhaps she wants Poppy to find him.

Yeah that picture definitely has that goat girl from Poppy 6 in it.

Well, we had our "Plot" arc, so this should have a lot of ass-kicking

Very hyped

The shadow belongs to the Opossum in pic related, though what role she will play is yet to be seen.

Nah. Why would a Veil opossum come to Flora? That's probably Harley. You can even see the end of her headwear in the shadow in this pic
I bet Charlie has gone missing and she wants the government, specifically Poppy "I throw mountains at dragons" Possum to help, especially if she thinks the mob is behind it.

>Bryce
I didn't Mormonism existed on Flora.

*didn't think

as obviously noted.

REEE MORE GENDER BULLSHIT REEEEEEEEEE

Bryce is a unisex name.

Hopefully she's been fucking Kit retarded in the meantime.

I have just been told that this is a sheep. I do not know my farm animals apparently.

No, the shadow looks nothing like her. Spiky neck fur, handkerchief, all things not seen on the gravity defying veil possum.

It's probably some character not yet introduced that will be related to Poppy's first task as possum ambassador.

It's only a unisex name by virtue of sounding equally retarded in both genders

It's okay I thought that sheep were female goats until I was 20

That looks nothing like a goat and is definitely a sheep, same as pic related.

I hope Poppy punches an ambassador into submission

Didn't mean to reply...

most unisex name are like that

Nah. Look at her. She's nervous as fuck. She's not gonna want to do ANYTHING to mess things up. Expect her to be timid as hell. Of course if she does get in a fight (and lets be honest, you think Morbi can resist drawing Poppy fight in a dress suit?) expect it to be at the end of a VERY long day.

so this is the chapter where poppy finally realizes what a freak she is even among her own kind and that she can't really represent them or deal with their concerns and problems, right?

Morbi has said in the past Poppy doesn't know much about other opossum and isn't around them that much at all. She's also short for her species.

Its been so long since updates were regular that I forgot Poppy is now a government official

Neat

is it standard procedure for the queen to be fucking her diplomats?

Who's going to tell her otherwise?

yeah she was lovingly raised by an all cat family in an area relatively free of prejudice, and though shes had to deal with it throughout her adult life her wandering tendencies no doubt have kept her from the day to day racism/specism most opossums have to deal with
no doubt this will be used as a tool so that we the readers can have these things exposed to us the same time as Poppy.

>yfw Morbi wrote this whole chapter anticipating a Clinton WH.

That's her royal privilege, just like the one where she gets to spend the first night with any bride in her kingdom.

Doesn't make much difference unless you're a Welshman.

Bitchtits probably will, but I doubt she has any actual power outside of what she can convince Renard to do when he's not comatose.

I feel like Kit gives really good head.

Yep. She hasn't really had a chance to live among other opossums or really be in their shoes. Her plan for life was essentially stay in Trance(Trench?) and raise Lily and hopefully die at the old age of 30 knowing Lily is in safe hands. Hell even when she was on her own with Lily she still wasn't really experiencing what other opossusm experienced. Poppy can fight. If someone is trying to burn, stab, or shoot her she can take them out. Hell she can take out entire mobs or racist fuckers. Other opossums though get hunted down and killed on sight, or become property of the state (enslaved).

Poppy is gonna see a whole bunch of messed up stuff while being ambassador. Gonna have a lot of days when she's gonna need a hug from Lily and Kit first thing when she gets home.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Poppy hasn't been seriously hurt by others on her own, she has more times than she can count. It's just different than most opossums cause most opossums can't defend themselves, just like in real life.

Bruce is a great name, just ask Bruce Moreland.

She also had to leave that area because of prejudice and has directly experienced prejudice, to the point of violence against her child, since then.

That's right. It's just her life is actually decent when compared with the average Flora opossum. Loving, safe home to grow up with. Super strength, communities that didn't kill her on sight (did have to leave those, but she was able to live in them for a bit), entered a country with an opossum loving ruler. Other opossums either have to endure being slaves or get killed on sight with no way of fighting back.

yeah but like said hers is still a unique existence with her prodigious strength
she beat up the guy who hurt her daughter. what if the same thing happened to Harley? she wouldn't be able too beat up or possibly even stand up to someone like that. compound that with the fact that Poppy was frequently on the move and never had roots in a place she no doubt had to deal with the little day to day things.
despite having to confront discrimination the level she's gonna deal with is things that are still foreign to her

>She's not gonna want to do ANYTHING to mess things up
Like when she tried not to start a gang war but started a gang war anyway?

Poppy is technically a gang leader after that incident.

I wonder if there's some in-universe reason why the gangs are so weird in Canopy, or if Morbo just wanted to have some fun with them.

Most of the gangs were based around species or common interest like the bald fetish gang/cult.

IT'S NOT A FETISH.

>more of poppy dressed up
This pleases the boner.

Just wait until she muscles out and rips it at the shoulders.

Morbi is just leading us on for the Senator Armstrong moment.

That ruins it entirely.

it's not an always thing for me, but something about seeing a lady in a smartly tailored suit or dress uniform just nnngh

and now she works under an actual mob boss!

... doing important intellectual work, barely has a moment to give. Can ambition be a kink?

well at least you outed yourself as a pleb

Jesus... the butt hurt Libs trying to link Poppy and Trump's win in Morbi's Tumlbr.

>OH NOES! A red armband! It must mean Nazis!
>DAE think that Trump is literally Hitler?
>Wheres my trigger warnings! I cant even!

Pretty sure that armband is her bandana/neckerchief she normally wears like this

They need to know if he has the "correct opinions" before they can read his comic.

shut up and stop looking for things to bitch about

well, it's true that power is sexy to many people and not just corruption fetishists

I didn't even notice that, I was too excited that the plot was moving forward

But then what would Sup Forums do with itself? Read comics?!

Money that she's plastered and unconscious.

Dignitary comments on how professional the staff is after her meeting with Poppy. Hallia slowly just tips over and can now be heard audibly snoring.

>Read comics
No, watch movies.

I'm a little ashamed that thought did not occur to me sooner. If she wears it to the office, I guess she brings Lily to work? Not like she's in any shape to go back to school.

Well it's not like birds really need to lay down to sleep. Especially not finches, who are most biologically notable for how their feet work during rest.

Wat

speaking of which, I've been thinking, and the veil might be inside didelphi, just, hugging the walls of he pouch
In an universe as small as theirs, it'd make sense if the only centers of gravity whhere at the center (presumably where flora and it's moon are) so magical gravity is needed to go with the "ground"
so, possums fall to the "ceiling", hence the need for those wooden catwalks/possumwalks

Enjoy the ride matey. 66 days to go. I GUARANTEE the closer we get to Jan. 20 the more desperate these guys will become.

Why not just fold the handkerchief into the suit pocket?

I'm not mad or anything, just explaining the situation. It's clear people want him to virtue signal because they feel uncomfortable following someone who might secretly agree with a political party they equate with fascism, racism and all the other isms.

The court and family, usually. They're not allowed to do whatever they want, there is protocol. They can change that protocol, but usually don't because its there for a reason.

But...she's wearing blue and red.

She's bipartisan, and a step away from a nice regal purple.

There actually is no party in the setting seeing how the lands are ruled by kings/queens so the color of her suit means shit likes the color blue.

Hallia has no feet.

Can confirm, she has adorable little nubs instead.

Color does have a meaning for monarchy though, purple is Royal only, red and yellow are religious significance, blue is eminent, etc.

It all traces back to imperial customs.

Purple was seen has royal due to the material needing to make purple shit was rarer/more expensive. You're also talking the significance of color in our world. Until shown otherwise in this setting colors are just colors.

She probably thinks it looks nice tied around her arm. I think it looks nice as well.

In addition it makes sense considering her personality. She is a fighter at heart, not a diplomat. The tied handkerchief around the arm reminds me or a bandage, so although she is dressed prim and proper she still has a slight rough look to her.

Since she's always wearing it might have a special meaning too. Maybe it was a gift from her parents, cat or opossum one.

That too. Would make sense to wear it proudly than and not tuck it in a pocket.

Reminder that we're gonna get a bunch of info about witches and the three branches on Wednesday. Get hype for magic cats.

*three branches of magic

This comic's identity is a mess.

I thought Poppy was supposed to be getting trained in martial arts, and now Morbi is going to try and make Poppy an ambassador at the same time.

Which means the story will now move half as fast.

Morbi told me that Poppy is going to fucking DIE check this 5

I can't believe that little queer Morbi had the audacity to ignore my ask about the presence of sentient sponges in Flora when he will answer retarded questions about Lila being a transmonkey.

Steelheel Ophalia?

Pretty sure the show is just Poppy in her normal outfit. Steelheel has hair like Lily does and you can see the neckerchief shadow with how Poppy normally wears it.

The shadow fits pretty well with what we've seen of Ophelia

The shadow is being cast on Poppy though. There's definitely another possum standing in front of her, it's not just a symbolic shadow thing.

>she trains martial arts while being a diplomat
>the story moves twice as fast

I chuckled. Thanks user

Looking at the old Ofelia pics morbi drew she has a similar neck/scarf thing to Poppy that would make the shadow like that. So yeah, we might finally see Steelheel officially finally.