JG said in a drawing livestream today that the episode this week has a "whole dragonforce song" they get to use...

JG said in a drawing livestream today that the episode this week has a "whole dragonforce song" they get to use, and that it's the "most epic montage we've ever done". Can it redeem this season? What song do you think it is?

Source is Cartoon Network's Facebook Page, which can't be linked. Scroll a bit. Once you find it the time mark is 9 minutes in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s
youtube.com/watch?v=runtc3Da0CE
youtube.com/watch?v=Doxkw70YsvU
cartoonnetwork.com/games/regularshow/galaxy-escape/index.html
qt.vidyagam.es/OOREdUS.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tbh this season has been a bit of a drag

The pacing is embarrassing and the jokes don't land like they used to (when they even do jokes) among other things. I've been able to watch 7 seasons without feeling much or any negative vibes from anything the show put out but Season 8's just barley above drop level sometimes. Since there's so few episodes to go I'm hoping they put their best effort from here on out.

I can't say my hype hasn't dropped for the series finale though, even though I was expecting something more everyone-centered instead of it being a Pops story with everyone else taking a secondary-main role.

JG was also asked during drawing (17:40) if Mordecai would ever pick a girl on the show. JG said it was spoiler territory but to keep watching, and that a lot of good episodes were coming. He also said the No Train No Gain episode with the Dragonforce song was this Thursday, so he's up to date on what has and hasn't aired.

That said he could just be referring to it being spoilers if he picks someone before the show ends or not. I'm betting on it being open ended, it seems the only way to make the fans happy at this point.

>dragonforce
Jesus.

Asking someone to name a Dragonforce song is like asking someone to name a Europe song: It's always going to be Through the Fire and Flames and it's always going to be Final Countdown. They've got other songs, but even the people who listen to them will just go with the ones people know.
For real though, Final Countdown would fit this final season pretty well. 6.5 seasons worth of montages and 80's references but no Eye of the Tiger either.

Theory around is it's this youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

JG said it's the entire song, so whatever it is, it's going to take up that much time. The episode plot is just Pops training so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the whole long song.

Yea exactly. I would be surprised if it wasn't Fire and Flames. Certainly something to look forward to.

Also that image you used, wasn't there a Dragonforce reference during the ending? Like Mark made music that referenced it for the show. Haven't seen Marvolo The Wizard since it aired.

>Can it redeem this season?
If the censors allow one "pissed" to get across, it'll redeem everything.

>Pops tells Anti-pops he pissed him off

High Fives as a human seems like he'd be cool.

Not really sure about the design choice but I think it might be a reference to the Exit 9B army outfit he wore during that one flashback. I have no idea though. Might just be details of a random jacket.

The beat of this song is just really fast, how would a montage work? If the scene kept changing as fast as the music did with beats they'd have to come up with like 50 different training bits if it really is the whole song.

>the beat is too fast
not just that, the song is so powerful that imagining it in a cartoon is mind boggling

if it really is this song, it sounds like jg is going all out.. and something good would come of pops being a god

What?

This sounds familiar, but I don't think I've ever heard it on the radio or looked it up. Was it ever in any movies or shows? I don't know, maybe my dad jammed it once.

Probably Family Guy, like every other song In existence. They have the money to do almost anything they want but use it in the dumbest ways possible.

If this is for real then I trust it'll be used well. This show has a knack for licensed music montages and they're usually good.

I'm pretty sure JG will pull a Jim Jinkins and have Doug end up with no one

did I say Doug I mean Mordecai

Sounds like they cuss in this, even just one "hell" might not let it get through..

So nobody here played Guitar Hero back in the day? Because that's where fucking everyone knows this song from. It's pretty infamously the hardest thing in the game to play on expert mode.

youtube.com/watch?v=runtc3Da0CE

>Go to a concert to see 2 idiots play Guitar Hero

Shit, ignore that vid. I didn't realize they released a game called "World Record" that had all the old stuff in it. Thought it was an actual world record being set for the score.

Here it is in the game that made it the meme that it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=Doxkw70YsvU

>7 minutes
wait the version posted at the top of the thread was 5 minutes, i'll barley accept a full 5 minute song playing through a 5 minute montage on the show but i don't think 7 minutes would ever happen

Just do the homestuck method of still frames at the beat?

The entire song? Won't that.. drag on too long?

valley of the damned, sonic firestorm, inhuman rampage etc.

You've doomed us. The one thing that's been hype worthy all season, and you've set it in stone that it will "drag on too long."

They're shit.

> I'm betting on it being open ended, it seems the only way to make the fans happy at this point.
The only way is a three-way.

>After the Christmas special there's only 4 episodes left

Think about it. 7 mins of the show is the song, which leaves 2 minutes to setup what they're doing at the start and 2 minutes to be like "You think Pops is ready to face Anti-Pops?"at the end.

Yea but 95-98% of the episode being a song feels too much, even if it is a good song.

It's not Through The Fire and Flames, that song sings about Hell and says Hell like 5 times.

>It's not Through The Fire and Flames
That's their only good song though.

episodes left
No fucking way.

>a bit
The beginning was alright, then it was boring, then Space Race and Space Escape happened and those were cool, then it started to slow down again. Right now it's slowly picking itself back up.

WHAT

>Can it redeem this season?
No
Nothing will redeem this shit show

Remember when Adventure Time and Regular Show were good?

Adventure Time was a little too childish for me, but I didn't hate it and put it on in the background sometimes. RS was better in it's better years than AT's better years.

are they still in space?

Probably until the last episode, yes.

I'm embarrassed to say they haven't really utilized being in space much. It's basically just a background change most of the time.

Oh shit a new RS game is out finally after a year. Is it worth it? It's season 8 centered.
cartoonnetwork.com/games/regularshow/galaxy-escape/index.html

>No explanation about what the fuck is happening
>The graphics are cool looking, what isn't pixelated to hell and constantly vibrating due the effect placed on them to have them look like that
>erratic and unpredictable enemy objects
>glitches glitches and more glitches
>the upgrade shop doesn't tell you what anything is so you should just click and upgrade in order without strategy
>the upgrades are extremely fucking few to where it might as well not be a point in the game
>the plot keeps changing from them supposedly playing a cabinet video game that their friends were sucked into. to them being in space and dying at any moment of the game
>sometimes if you die too much the game restarts, other times after dying the same amount of times you don't restart, there's no life powerups and there's no visible life points, just your health for that round, so the game shouldn't be giving GAME OVERs

Literally the only acceptable parts of this game are the first level or two, before shit gets unbelievably retarded, and the other are the in-game graphics with the movie bar effects, because you can actually see them clearly because they're not 5% of the screen like when you're playing. The other thing would be that the style of the game looks like the comic books, but that off model shit eventually looks even worse with the pixellation vibrating.

Is it worth it? Is it? The older 2010 games had more charisma and charm to them than this load. Maybe it would be better as an app on something with a larger screen than their webpage puts it in.

>rescue squad impossible
it's true
the game is impossible

Are there any dragonforce songs under 2 minutes? I can't see a montage being longer than 2 minutes.

qt.vidyagam.es/OOREdUS.mp4
Nothing playing 2 minutes in.

According to images, the montage starts in the last 4 minutes of the episode.

So if battling Anti-Pops will make the universe restart if Pops looses or ties, why doesn't he just not fight? The universe won't be affecting by their dumb mega battle.

...then antipops just rules existence you idiot

CJxMordecai is OTP.

Harem is alright too I guess.

This user gets it.

Yea, on the page. As in, fanfiction now. CJ is shit.