Not scary, hardly any subtlety. The movie is a 2 hour barrage of

not scary, hardly any subtlety. The movie is a 2 hour barrage of
>DUDE IT'S A SCARY CLOWN LMAO, LISTEN TO THIS LOUD MUSIC AND BANGING NOISES YOU'RE SUPPOSED 2 BE SCARED LOL!
not even saying this to be edgy, the movie was just fucking flat as fuck. The original Blair Witch was scarier than this michael bay horror shit.

Horror is dead, replaced by jump scare + loud noise + fast editing horse garbage. Fuck all of you for over-hyping this retarded shit

I already watched the new HitB, Mike. Stop parroting Jay.

I'm more scared by the Insane Clown Posse

Agreed with most, but it still scared the shit out of me. Not in a good way though. I felt raped.

"by the power of friendship we can overcome everything"

It was the most bland formulaic shit to come out of hollywood since Deadpool

I agree OP, this movie had the potential too. I really thought the acting was great but the editing and choppy quick zoom cgi jumpscare shit is tired.

these. at least it looked nice and beverly was a good actress.

Down With The Sickness at the credits fucking got me

>tfw I would have felt more scared if Bowers were the main villian
his two beat up scenes with Ben and Mike were quality compared to shit like the rock battle montage

Kek

the looking nice meme is really annoying because it looks just like everything else right now. literally every mass market movie looks the same right now, no style in color or camera

Derp Derp, Richie!

to be fair it was more a Kids Adventure movie than a horror flick.
That being said it kinda dropped the ball creating a sense of dread. Literally the only weird shit was the librarian just standing in the background behind the fat kid (and that could have just been a mistake left in the movie)

Can we get Pennywise doing the "watch it paulie" thing?

.... you can't be serious

I've only seen half of the movie (Bad bootleg, with audio getting out of sync n shit) but I really wasn't a fan at how much they didn't want to build up the suspense and earn moments. They felt the need to instantly go BAM, look at that, which felt wrong.

A couple of problems I had was that there was barley any build up. Georgie instantly dies. Some of the kids instantly see IT before were even used to the characters names. Black kid shows up once in the beginning then doesn't come back until 1 hour in. We never get to see the initial reaction to Georgie's disappearance.

And a bunch of other sheeit like that. It felt like "Hey, you know this story, so lets just get on with it." sort of deal.

get friends and get laid you fucking loser.

hi stephen

>Horror is dead

And it has been for almost 30 years. The shit peaked in the 70s/80s.

Fuck off no one watches your autism simulator.

>it le needed le subtlety
Yes, very original observation, I'm sure no-one else has ever said that before.
kys, what we got was way better than the "le subtle" snorefest of previous mediocre horror movies where 99% of the run time is eaten up by slow walking.

Pretty sure Sup Forums is getting raided by newfags. All they do is talk about how good and scary the movie is and attack anyone that says otherwise.

Pretty sure Sup Forums is getting raided by contrarian hipsters. All they do is talk about how shit the movie is and attack anyone that says otherwise.

>Pretty sure Sup Forums is getting raided by newfags. All they do is talk about how good and scary the movie is and attack anyone that says otherwise.
>people with different opinions argue with each other over who's opinion is more worthy
Is this YOUR first day on Sup Forums?

> (You)
>Pretty sure Sup Forums is getting raided by contrarian hipsters. All they do is talk about how shit the movie is and attack anyone that says otherwise.
There are the kind of tactics I'm talking about

>can't even quote properly
*breathes in*
BAHAHAHAH
Seriously newfag, fuck off

t. never read the novel
the whole thing is a metaphor for childhood trauma and growing up

>what we got was way better than the "le subtle" snorefest
completely forgettable movie. what we got is another cash-grab that fitted the studio's algorithms and projections. Nobody will watch this in 20 years. Nobody will say "ahh, remember good horror movies like IT? remember when he jumped out and a loud noise played? man I loved that part"

maybe people just didn't like it?

it was a pretty good movie though
wasn't scary, but was pretty entertaining to watch

>Sup Forumss Still assblasted it's a massive success so they have to pretend it's bad
Kek

Maybe people just liked it?

If you actually judge a movie on it's scariness you are retarded. Only children get scared by movies.

The movie was good because of the writing and performances of the kids.