>You will never live in a pre-smartphone/pre-social media society ever again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ScvIbcNV38k
youtube.com/watch?v=hyCIpKAIFyo
cameronsworld.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=226lyvZmNB8
youtube.com/watch?v=oiW2DbKa_dI
youtube.com/watch?v=iyqEFUQKczw
youtube.com/watch?v=qAXnsPNK9bE&index=70&list=PLcvBW2asWkxjaJ1UjIVhGor4Jt4RD08Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Como é que os meus amigos /luso/ descobriram o Sup Forums?

good, i like my Nexus 6p

also this thread
or

Technology isn't the problem, ideological degeneracy is.

It's a good fucking phone desu. I got the gold one.

> You will never live in a world free of kikes

go back to Sup Forums Barbosa the expat.

>tfw no social media and use a flip phone
Feels good man

Shit I remember geosites, man I'm getting old.

>tfw 1990 was 30 years ago

>no more 90's ytv

youtu.be/ScvIbcNV38k

>no more 90's childhood

>dark
>completely legible
>eye catching graphics
>great organization
>loads swiftly
Tell me how literally any modern website outdoes this shit. Fucking tell me right God damn now.

"Minimalism"

Feeling your netscape feels, user...

>not posting the actually popular animusic video

youtube.com/watch?v=hyCIpKAIFyo

No popups, no clickbait...

Take me back to 1995, user.

True. Buuuut, I DID live in one, and got to see the world transition to the state it is now.

good

>implying you can't buy an old PC off ebay and run an old OS, and look at archived nostalgia websites while you use old versions of DOS games and old level editors
what the fuck is there to feel sad about?

1990 was 26 years ago m8, not 30

Okay, I've calmed down enough from my seething rage at your ignorance to talk to you.

Name a single site. And before your smart-ass says Sup Forums

1. it's old web design
2. the new shit sucks ass and invisible sage is the most subversive bullshit moot has EVER done.

One single solitary modern website with design as satisfying as OP. If your quotes around "minimalism" weren't ironic, they should be.

I remember frames on websites. It would full kitchen up half the time, but it's what we had.

Well, that is undeliably true, but I will likely live to see a post-smartphone/post-social media society.

I'll be too old though, much too old to live out my fantasy of being a courier who rides around on a horse.

>you will never not have your image taken hundreds of times a day and stored on facebook and google servers until the end of time
just end it all

I know we can't go back in time, but why do all new sites have such huge, ugly design nowadays? It's all just huge text and big bright buttons, all catered for mobile/tablet users. Why does nobody care about desktop users anymore?

We had 2 Apple 1 computers in the library when I was in high school.
In the 80's
>mfw you will never know pre social media and no cell phones

Personally I thought the early 2000s internet was comfy. Barely indexed forum communities that you joined because they hosted your favorite Unreal server. All the avid enthusiast pc gamers were in mid to late twenties. IRC was the main chat method. Modding scene was weird as fuck hackjobs on engines never designed for it or massive interlaced community projects. Fuck I remember a building mod for an old battlefield that was like gmod without the physics that was my hangout before the source engine killed it.

RIP all the old communities and thank god that none of the places I joined were archived anywhere so the social media jew could dredge up old school shitposts.

Now if you excuse me I need to look up the sandbox song followed by a rollercoaster of love while basking in the memory of laughing as servers crashed when tons of early physics objects exploded at once. God bless [SBXA] and wooden bridge racetracks.

Ironically I went to school for computer networking and make a living off IoT, and I hate the Internet. At least the normie portions. No Facebook, no Twitter, no IG.

Solar flare says otherwise.

>>completely legible
Not really. White text strains your eyes like few other things. Even more so if the background is solid black.

Battlefield mods were glorious! It was like getting whole new game for free.

Desert Combat, Eve of Destruction, Forgotten Hope

how is that ironic? i work in an IT related field (i'm a telecomm tech looking to get into Data Center Design) and every IT guy I know hates social media.

hell, compared to the other construction workers/tradesmen the telecomm guys hate social media too.

>not opting out of social media
Please.

Desert Combat was the shit! They need to make a modern equivalent instead of what they're churning out.

Interesting Website that archived a couple of the Geocities websites. Personally It reminds me of when YouTube wasn't all about monitization and more about making your own little video corner. cameronsworld.net/

just move to some shithole like brazil where like 1% of the monkeys can afford it

>Netscape
That nostalgia...

>you will never go back to the 16 bit era

youtube.com/watch?v=226lyvZmNB8

>you were born just in time to grow up with the internet before social media took over
>all the embarrassing shit you said online is lost forever instead of being permanently associated with your real name

Feels good.

>Secret if Mana

Personally I was on the tail end of that, and now a days it just seems like brands and social media is the main focus of internet . That is why I love sites like thebest404pageever.com , because they are not all about money but sharing, and that website specifically, Flash videos. That's probably the only reason I come to Sup Forums as it is the closest to the remnants of what I remember.

That's not Terranigma you stupid Burger.

youtube.com/watch?v=oiW2DbKa_dI

Whip was the best weapon, anyone who disagrees is a disagreer.

>Enjoy the internet, creative cultural niches, harmless shenanigans being reported on the news as massive internet trolling
>Slowly the rot sets in as more and more plebs start using the internet. Then the internet through social media becomes a reflection of the general populace.
>The socially enforced optimism, the ignorance and celebration of being a retard, the narcissism, the blogging and virtue signaling you got on the internet to avoid now pervades it.
>If you are not in a place like this, an old seedy divebar of the internet there is no joy to be had in the public square.

Fuck

THIS!

Please, technology was a mistake.
I know we'll be able to get a lot of it back quickly, but this would reopen that window in the 1940's that allowed for major geopolitical shifts to happen without Armageddon.

If only we could figure out how to shut down the atoms.

Never existed. You could a least not be on. the same continent

Fucking this

Both are great stop sazzing Ahmed

T

H

I

S

youtube.com/watch?v=iyqEFUQKczw

Mang

Berkshire Hathaway's site is the default answer to this oft asked question.

I want off this ride pronto. I just wanna talk about vidya and watch ytp. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

MAkes me feel because thats me in 40 years

Right, but a huge whitespace doesn't strain your eyes at all.

Has logic fled Italy, or are you just an inbred retard?

same here bro. im my thirties and started using the internet in the 90s.

>tfw you'd get an adrenaline rush while the 14k modem was dialing up
>$60 a month for 14K
>usenet and mailing lists actually were useful
>netscape was essentially a portal to a whole new world and life
>could actually use the internet in complete anonymity if you wanted
>had email, odigo, irc penpals
>actually met up with several girls in real life from chats and it wasn't weird
>port nuking still worked

i want to go back

"I wonder if they ever got that Half-Life 3 game out..."

>tfw that'll probably be me in 50 years

why are conversations with other people so lonely, so...dumb in real life. All they talk about is family this, family that, kids this, kids that. Husband this, wife that. Dog this, Boss that. Show this, song this.

There is no life in this people, no outside the boundaries. It's go shopping here, wear this, look like this. There is no WHAT IF or JUST GO or anything. And if you can't be a carbon copy they treat you like an alien. That's what it is to be a normie. Look good, don't do anything of substance and never reach for the stars.

Lustful mediocrity and endless fucking is all they desire. Why am I depressed?! Because I didn't think I'd wake up one day to be surrounded by these sexy zombies that rot my brain and my soul....

Have you ever been with a girl where sex is a given by the topics and the activities are so banal so OF NO CONSEQUENCE WHETHER THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTHS that you wanted to run away as fast as possible?!

We didn't get Terranigma in the states.

Just like YOU never got Secret of Evermore.
youtube.com/watch?v=qAXnsPNK9bE&index=70&list=PLcvBW2asWkxjaJ1UjIVhGor4Jt4RD08Bk

neat

honestly though, (((web 2.0))) was a massive mistake

>Western comic formatted in gook right-to-left bullshit

>that feel when you could troll your friends by calling their house and their dial up would shit itself in the midst of their game of Age of Empires
A simpler time.

Now THAT was a good game.

>1990 was 30 years ago

Haha fuck off ma

>it was

first got online at home in 1997
>pay monthly fee
>then pay per minute
>connection would fail half the time
>suddenly

youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

>holy-FUCK-connected.bmp
>something farcical like 23.6k because never getting the full 28.8k
>only go online for like 4 or 5 hrs at the weekend because expensive as fuck
>spend entire time in chat rooms or on newsgroups
>talk to people who had similar interests for hours
>get their email address and continue to talk to them for days, months or years
>end up getting friends and even girlfriends from it over the years
>tfw the web was actually more social back then

>not being able to seamlessly switch between reading styles as easy as breathing

JESUS CHRIST

I just remembered a shitty tripod website I made in third grade.

It's somehow still up. The cringe is making me want to hang myself.

FUCK

games WERE like the ONLY social media outside of email

the only SOCIAL MEDIA was WORLDS. SEMI IMAGINARY WORLDS

where we were knights or miners or murderers, where we were free to own a house without debt and be free of the jew. Where our demons hid in caves and not behind our nation's flag. Where you had a bank full of enough money to eat and clothe yourself and the only thing on your mind is how will I tame this wild land...with my friends

>go to work
>a few legit 10/10s walking around
>find out they're born in like 1998
>mfw
>fast forward several minutes
>realise i'm in my 30s and therefore might as well be as old as the moon

>tfw you will never troll by cloning AIM ever again

>tfw you'll never unironically have a geocities site with under-construction.gif ever again

>not having a seperate phone line for the internet

>mfw I put these on several of my Rails projects a gag.
>mfw no one gets it because they never had dial up.

>paying Bell Canada twice
actually
>paying Bell Canada once

If you think that's a well laid-out site, you are literally color blind and have no understanding of basic design rules like pica spacing and aligning for emphasis (total symmetry is pleb as fuck).

In 5th grade I made my own website for some shitty clan I started on Starwars Battlefront 2 and holy shit it feels like a completely different world from now

And im only 19 wtf

altas tretas

We're the last generation to experience the world before the internet.

Or atleast for the first 10 years of my life. TV and super nintendo, my only forms of entertainment.

>mfw the hitcounter said 000013 and I was only 8 of the visitors

I just found a second one I made in 4th grade with memes before they were called memes.

Pic related.

>tfw you can barely even troll in video games anymore
>tfw instead of developing better gameplay video game companies focused on graphics and pandering to normies

I'll never play games on the nabisco cookie website in the school computer room again

Don't forget to buy our DLC to get the real story/true ending, goy.

>two landlines
True dedication to your hobby sir

>tfw you'll never get an actually finished game.
>tfw everything has a beta

Roughly 21% of Americans alive today were born after 9/11.

Literally
>"We have always been at war with Eastasia"

>tfw games nowadays focus on being addicting rather than genuinely fun
>tfw games like Halo, Starwars Battlefront and Battlefield got completely cucked but people keep buying them
>tfw I turned to ethnocentric fascism because I have nothing better to do anymore

Downloading shitty 20mb games while you were at church on the weekend when the internet was free.

Discovering a downloader that let you disconnect and and carry on with the download later.

Getting groomed on coolteenchat

>focused on graphics

The normies are migrating to AppSpace. The WWW will be ours again soon.