Which artist has the most inflated ego ever?

Which artist has the most inflated ego ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1983987666/ctrl-alt-del-10-the-box-set?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hehe inflated

Claremont then

probably the guy who does Dresdan Codak

literally called Will Eisner and privileged white man because he was more famous than him

this will never stop to look shopped

Does anyone genuinely like ctrl atl del these days?

Web comic (((artists))) will never cease to amaze me with how much money they made off of such minimum effort.

One of these, or pic related.

Diaz is worse and I haven't seen a Diaz thread in a while

kickstarter.com/projects/1983987666/ctrl-alt-del-10-the-box-set?lang=en

this

oooorrrr

this motherfucker

although I'm not sure how ego and going batshit insane overlap exactly

This guy.

Bill Watterson
Frank Miller
Todd McFarlane
Don Rosa
Rob Liefeld

Bear in mind that I do not call any of these artists "bad", some of the work they've done I absolutely love.
But they all seem to have some of the biggest egos in the industry.

That'll be Diaz

>665k
wew

Liefeld
Sean G Murphy

That endorsement is just sad

ALL DAY BRO

"Mediocre white man".

Toy with that for a while. What does it mean? That he's not white all the time? That he's off-white? That he's not very good at being white?

...It means Diaz didn't have the balls to write: "...When you're a mediocre Jew."

How do we feel about Byrne?

I would bring up Fraction, but he actually seems to be an OK guy. Just a horrible, horrible writer.

>Bill Watterson
Well deserved ego. not inflated

is Penders actually autistic?
like, I don't think anyone would be surprised at this point, I'm just wondering if it's been confirmed

Being autistic doesn't mean you're an asshole or full of yourself.

...b-but -

'Jewish' is not white?

...But Jack Kirby was Jewish too.

Brian Michael Bendis

Erik is way, way worse than Todd.
He's also basically a manchild irl despite his success.

This is what happens when you don't research shit. I mean, it's easier to assume everyone at Marvel from 1939 to 1970 is Jewish unless proved otherwise, but yeah.

...From 1961, surely.

And it's probably true, too.

Everyone else in this thread is smalltime.
Newbs.

Timely and Atlas were like 100% Jews, user.

Nope, it's a religion that automatically makes your skin tone darker.

They're talking about "cultural jews" which is a mess of a term in itself; White to semi-white people with names based on German and Polish names...

Counter question, is there an artist who was a worse critic of themselves than Leonardo da vinci? He's last word were literally

>“I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.”

Rosa's ego is based entirely around his Carl Barks autism. He dismisses most Duck artists who aren't Barks and of himself in particular, he just calls his own work half-assed fanfiction.

Does Socrates count?

Artists today aren't self-aware of their own awfulness.

They just make sarcastically glib comics about it and have their followers vomit forth endless praise in return.

Da Vinci probably thought people weren't sobbing hard enough too.

Aaron Diaz. Throws a fit if people dare to give less than 3-4 stars out of 5 in their reviews of his comic. Claims that Nintendo consistently steals his "brilliant" idea of female Link.

Even his bad characters are a ripoff.

>Frank Miller
what has Frank done ego wise? I haven't read anything of him being particularly egoistic

>$4,608 per month
>A guaranteed Dresden Codak comic every other week!
>Last update September 26th, 2016

How does this hack keep getting away with it ?

and in two months, there will never be one again

Everyone who writes sonic is autistic. No exceptions.

Once you gain a big enough cult of personality you're set for life. There are people who will never stop following you no matter how bad you are.

It happened with Buckley, with Taeshi, with Jaques, etc.

Huh?

...Toth had a pretty fuckin' big ego.
Also I've been trying to remember the name of this contemporary cape artist, he has one of those Polish-sounding names, like Stepan Tonjzik, or something, read some of his blog posts and tweets a few years ago and he came across as the most arrogant ass-hat in the entire industry. Any Sup Forumsmrades have an idea of who I'm referring to? He has quite a "realistic" style, seems to do a lot of colour work and covers. He also sort of resembles Doctor Strange. Fuck, I wish I could remember his name, it's doing my head in a bit now...

Mark Millar?
Danny Fingeroth?
Jim Valentino?
Mike Gallagher?
Angelo DeCesare?
Dan Slo-okay scratch that one, but still.

huh. I checked his twitter to see his mental breakdown in light of recent events but he has been quiet since Halloween. What a waste.

If you're a retard who makes comics for retards, you got yourself a fairly large audience. And retarded fanboys are fanatical to the very end.

Arthur Suydam comes to mind with his stealing of tables at cons and photoshopped images showing he's popular.

is he going to get a job?

Screencap that

Assmad because he knows he will never compare

Kirby and Eisner have equal amounts of reverence, Kirby probably more so because he's still slightly more famous.

Diaz is a fucking casual who doesn't know shit about cpmics, user.

He's also pretty fucking white for a Cuban, so his "Racial Identity" is "direct participant and beneficiary of the Atlantic slave trade"

Do we know if he was born in cube or in america?

America.
He's about as Cuban as most southern whites are native American. He just takes anything he can to shield himself.

Toth thinks he's writing grand revelations full of deep insight but their nonsensical trash that doesn't say anything new or interesting

Yes but he's rightly revered as an artist, though. He's incredibly influential, I would argue he's even as influential as Kirby

>bulbasuar sharpener
damn, want

White-apologism is the cancer killing western society.

Was gonna say Neal Adams, but Diaz takes the cake.

Not including webcomics because it's too easy, I'd say Kot. Fucking half-ass Ditko wannabe.

not sure whether to be happy the bar is set so low or worried
but damn, i would love to be in their shoes, even just having a readership would be really cool and fun

He's the complete opposite of Ditko. Ditko was never an attention fag.

Ditko not being attwhore was the reason that Stan Lee stole the fame that should've belong to him.

This meme is shit.
Stan's dialogue sucked, but he helped mold the chatacter and came up with a lot of the core ideas. If it was just Ditko then Peter would never grow out of being an antisocial, petty cunt with a victim complex.

>I remember Eric asking me to go in and find out just how far behind Platt was on an issue of an already late Prophet comic. I found him working very diligently…on a two page spread which was for the following issue and not the one which was needed. Like a week ago. He went into a whole 20 minute spiel about his art style, how art is a higher calling, and how he approaches his work like Moebius does.

>I pointed out that Moebius was a long time professional who would have been working on the pages he needed to finish and how he wasted a slew of time telling me how he works without actually working as he did.

>He never really talked to me much after that.

Yeah, has to be Diaz.

If Eisner was mediocre, what does that make Diaz?

Whenever he fucks up on twitter so bad he can't spin it, he disappears until he thinks people have forgotten and then shills himself some more.
Same thing happened when Mary Cagle ripped him a new one.

>stan's dialogue sucked

Mark Millar? That crazy bastard wrote sonic?

That's pretty hilarious.

I'm glad he keeps fucking himself over. I wish he'd do this more because he honestly should have been dobsoned a long time ago.

I know a friend of mine still reads him. I've been meaning to mention it to him, if only because it would be funny. I don't really want to be a dick about it but my friend's totally a tumblrtard and I feel like there's a rich area of discussion surrounding Diaz being a total cunt.
That said, if I find out he's supporting Diaz pattern we're gonna have some goddamn words, he doesn't have the money to be wasting on a scam artist.

Kek. The nerve of this guy to even remotely compare himself to Moebius. Fucking Splatt, how beautifully apposite. What a shitty artist, that cover is a fucking eyesore. I must scour the internet for more examples of this ridiculously crappy "artiste's" self-regard.

miller's got an ego?

A malignant one if you believe the rumours.

Is this Loss?

>Stepan Tonjzik
Stjepan Šejić?

Something, something Trump
Something, something Diaz
wall

A good friend of mine said that Neal Adams told him the best way to be an artist was to trace over pictures at a convention once

I had that sharpener when I was a kid

That sounds quite possible...is he known as an arrogant cnut, user?

Yeah I just googled him, that's the fellow! I wish I'd saved some of those posts, man, the arrogance of that dude. It's not like he's even that good. He strikes me as one of those dudes who got into comics to draw pretty pictures, not to actually tell a story. Pin-up storytellers, I like to call 'em.

poor dobson

i love the stories of Toth destroying artists.

>insults Eisner
>remembers that he's Jewish
>backpedals profusely

Such a faggot

Robbi Rodriguez or

I like the guy

Don't forget Karl Bollers.

Ditko's dialogue is bad compared to Lee's.

>I pointed out that Moebius was a long time professional who would have been working on the pages he needed to finish and how he wasted a slew of time telling me how he works without actually working as he did.

Kirby could do a whole comic in a week and usually did that much content. These guys are legends because they're great AND they're fucking machines.

The Steve Rude letter, though!!! I must preface this by saying that Rude is my absolute favourite "mainstream" artist ever, I've loved his stuff since 1988 and think he's really the only conceivable "heir" to Kirby's legacy. But SOME of the criticisms Toth levelled at him were deserved. And that whole letter is fucking ruthless ("a few well-drawn panels do not make a good comic" etc, etc). I like that Rude made a point-by-point rebuttal though. I read on the old TCJ message board that it didn't really ruffle his feathers at all and that made me love The Dude even more. Toth was probably pissed at the "young buck" doing at least a good a job on Johnny Quest as he ever did himself--I can't help but think that there's an element of insecurity to his fiercest critiques. He knew how the industry worked and was afraid of being "knocked off his perch" when he should have known that his place in the canon of legendary creators is forever assured. The most massive egos are usually the most fragile.
On the other hand Toth has lent his praise to some absolute shit--what's the name of that self-publishing cartoonist who organised (?) one of the Draw Muhammed days in, I think, Texas? He has a funny-sounding name, begins with a "B"...shit, I can't remember. Anyway Toth raved about that, on the other hand he supplied a blurb for a Paul Grist comic, can't remember if it was Kane or Union Jack or what, Grist is a decent cartoonist, though.
I have to get those Dean Mullaney Toth biographies some time. I borrowed the first one from a mate, it was really good, pretty fucking fascinating.

had toth spent that much time on writing perhaps he'd be more than an artist's artist today