Why do American Catholics support Notre Dame over their state university?

It seems that supporting a university athletic program based on religion over matters of state borders on treason. Why do Catholics in the US root for a college in rural Indiana over their own flagship state schools?

Is it because they put religion before state? And if so, can they be trusted at the ballot box?

If they support a Papal school before their own state school will they support a papal candidate before a truly state-centric candidate?

suck a fat dick

Found the Irishman. Good try, Paddy.

If you are a German catholic (you arent) you would understand.

I will only vote for a Catholic. As a Catholic, however, I'm taught that duty and service to the state are in essence duty and service toward God.
This makes people like me better citizens than idiotic crowd following faggots that will side with our nation's enemies. While the rest of you morons blow like leaves in the wind, Catholics by and large, will remain grounded in the Christian principles of duty and the sacrifice of one's own life for the betterment of the nation.

Because Catholics and all other religious nuts are raging faggots.

*tips fedora*

I don't own a fedora, fucking leaf.

>fucking leaf = I base my thoughts on memes

>no religion = I dont understand the importance of the protestant work ethic in my own country. very modern and civil you are.

Sorry he didn't call it a trilby you atheist faggot.

>"I don't own a fedora"

That's obviously a lie.

Theists are retards, all of them, actually.

Fuck off retards, nice time get though. I'm a freethinker, but I don't look like an absolute fat retard with a fedora and double chin. I'm not retarded like theists and I'm not retarded like him.

catholic here, here's who i root for
big 10: Nebraska (homestate)
SEC: LSU
Big 12: Oklahoma State
AAC: Virginia
don't give two shits for Pac 12 or big east

>muh Catholism is important to me
religious nut job

>Nebraska (homestate)

Hey man. Welcome to the Big 10. Hope you find everything, ok. Let me know if need anything. really thanks for being here, again let me know if you need anything. We appreciate your presences and we hold you in high regards.

Really, thanks. Need anything? Dont leave please......

Shut up faggot. It's just grown men throwing around a ball. You people make me sick.

>its just grown men posting on a Paraguayan slide guitar mailing list

We're not acting like it's so important to post on here. Football fans are more alpha than average yet they put so much importance into doing a meaningless task. What a damn waste.

Im Catholic and i hate Notre Dame. This is litteraly a meme and nothing more. Also Go BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is Herbie Husker white when the team is....you know.....

Shut up sports fags. Grow up.

Turn 18
Seek Sunlight
Hit the Weights
Gain Height
Have Sex
Take A Shower
Get a Clue

Because anywhere outside of Omaha and Lincoln there are almost no blacks with the occasional indian holdout in the west

I don't, my team just beat them

This.

t. Born and raised Catholic with 14 years of Catholic School

As a Catholic, I can say that Notre Dame is a joke of a school and is Catholic in name only. I can't stand the school or any of their teams and I look forward to the day that God destroys it, along with all of the other schools that are nothing more than secularist indoctrination orgies.

This. Though I must say our current pope is a faggot who's making the Holy Church into a laughing stock. For all that's good and holy the fucker should have called for a Crusade already!

The mudslimes kill over 700,000 Christian Brothers and Sisters and his response is "forgive them and open the border, it's not their fault they're a bunch of Christ-Hating Savages. You're a mean evil Nazi if you disagree with me"

I hope he gets assassinated soon and a real Catholic Alpha-Male takes his cucking Beta Bitch place. Then I can stop feeling ashamed of my own religion.

I'm Catholic and I actively root against ND. They are always overrated pre-season in every sport and end up being mediocre at the end of every season.

>Preferring a libtard-infested state school over a school that at least attempts to give its' students a moral education.

I am truly disgusted. This picture is for you.

Fuck, the pic was supposed to be rotated the other way. Oh well. Also, my fiancee's cucked younger brother just transferred from ND because it was "too conservative." I think he couldn't handle the banter.

Why do Americans think college is a sports league? I used to live in England and even football there wasn't anything like college here, partly because clubs have farm systems where kids can quit school to play but are actually paid, not just given (((scholarships))). Funny because there's nothing scholarly about being an illiterate nigger who throws and tackles for a university

We don't.

Fuck Notre Dame - Hawkeyes bleed black and gold!

So which one is more important, your country or you pope? you cant choose both. the pope wants open borders. trump does not.

>Why do Americans think college is a sports league?

The question is a clever way to ask why catholics choose religion over state. they see more validity in waht their pope says than what their nation says. Can catholics exist in a democratic republic? this is a question that existed from the beginning. Their allegiance says no.

I am a baptised Catholic, and I do not consider Notre Dame University, or any other mainstream Catholic University (Fordham, etc.) to be Catholic.
Vatican II let the smoke of Satan in the Church, and these universities are run by homosexual Jesuits, not Catholics. They do not hold, nor preach, Catholic beliefs. The fact that they are allowed to call themselves Catholic Universities is an insult to Catholicism.

good answer, dumbass.
America is the only country stupid enough to give illiterate niggers SCHOLARships to play on their school's football team

Catholic here I never heard of people doing this unless their university was small/no-name or something

We really dont think about the pope all damn day