God- Tier Language

Any of you guys speak/read latin?

Was it ridiculously hard?

Sounds like the god tier language

That language is dead... Just like you should be, Leaf.

Better start learning how to order burgers in spic,, amerifag

>leaf
But in serious I do agree, Latin is an interesting language. It might have something to do with me speaking Spanish, a modern form, some would say. Also Italian.

nice

Read, not speak. Speaking ti is a waste unless you live in the Vatican. Latin isn't too bad at first, there are a lot of cognates and basic grammar is easy enough if you've ever learned a romance language before. It becomes increasingly difficult, however, once you get into advanced grammar and start reading authentic classical Latin. Not impossible, just takes a bit of study and patience.

I'm starting to like leaf posts.
It's almost comfortable knowing they'll forever be here, shitposting.
It's like going to your local pub a decade later and finding the seats still in the same sticky mess.

Indo-European or proto Indo-European needs to be revived.

Thanks bong us leaves will never leave

Since when is Latin considered hard? It's just useless.

Its actually quite simple
If you speak one of its successors
Knowing 4 latin based languages beforehand helped me a ton
But anglos are shit at learning new languages so tough luck leaf

>Portuguese
That, and French are some of the ugliest I've heard. Honestly. Spanish and Italian master race. Also, if you speak Spanish you wouldn't have much trouble leading Latin?

Speak some, can read it pretty well. Learned back in high school.

In my high school Latin class there was this one Bolivian boy and a girl from Italy who both made interesting comparisons to Latin.

>shart

>Says the guy with the same flag
Walmart is hick tier. Target is slightly better

I took 4 years of Latin in college. Started off year 1 by completing Wheelock's Latin and part of Caesar's account of the Gallic War. In 2nd year and later, I took classes to read Virgil, Ovid, Apuleius, Tibullus, Horace, Cicero, Catullus, Sallust, and a couple others I can't remember.

It was extremely difficult, but it felt very rewarding. They were by far my favorite classes I ever took. I've forgotten much of what I learned since I graduated, but I'd like to pick it up again one day.

I speak pig latin. idk if that counts.

IN

yes, real latin is hard. Esp. if you didn't go to a good (expensive) lower school and don't have a true grasp of the mechanics of language.
You can be able to diagram a sentence do very well on sat verbal and writing without really understanding it, as you'll need to when a sentence can be three lines long with verb thrown in as last word.

If you have to learn it in school it helps you later learn languages like French or Italian easier, but don't forget it's a dead language. Autistic latinboos will throw a fit when you pronounce something wrong, even though nobody can actually know the correct way to vocalize the words.

You have to go back, Paco.

>. It might have something to do with me speaking Spanish, a modern form, some would say.
>some would say

HOLY FUCK HAHAHAHAHA

MART

>some would say
Goddam really nigga?