Screw you I liked it

Screw you I liked it.

Just because you posted this I'm going to rewatch. But let it be known, if I'm disappointed, again, I'll be coming for you.

>all six movies are about twenty four hours
Keep this thread alive until then, would you?

The first one is mostly watchable. The other two are steaming dog shit.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Unexpected Journey is fine, i remember liking it a lot when i first saw it

Journey wasnt great, but it was fine and more or less hit the tone right

I liked the first two, the third is irredeemable garbage

None of the Hobbit movies are passable. The whole thing was a horrible mistake. Martin Freeman has always looked like an asshole. I genuinely hated all the Dwarf characters. Kate works out to much and hasn't been cute since lost. These movies just serve to taint Peter Jackson's legacy.

AUJ is a worthy companion piece to the LotR trilogy. If they had finished it up the way they started it, they would have done the Hobbit justice.

My biggest complaint: why the fuck did they suddenly swap out real sets for cgi ones? AUJ looked like a LotR film because good ol new zealand.. Desolation started to look fishy, and by battle of 5 armies, EVERYTHING was fake. It looked like fucking Beowulf.

I liked it too user. It's comfy, just like the book.

the maple films edit almost made it watchable

It's ok, but not great. Unlike the first three films.

Hobbit movies are the biggest waste of potential

We could have had the greatest Sextology of all time but Jackson was too tired to put in any effort.

I liked it too, to be honest family.

Is there some kind of fan mastercut where The Hobbit films are edited down into something watchable?

this

and as for peter, he was working 20 hour days you can't fucking blame him it truly wasn't his fault

chloe thread?

seethe best we'll get out of them

enjoyable movies until they get captured by the wood elves and go full-retard with the she-elf and hilariously bad writing

>there could be anything down my trousers

the movie died with that line

battle of five armies is a convoluted clusterfuck of a movie. even with all the scenes they cut out of it it still made no sense. they spent almost a billion dollars on these movies and they are complete dog shit

Do you think The Hobbit could have been done well as one (3.5 hour long) movie?

First film was pretty enjoyable, but the trilogy overall forced me to agree with Christopher Tolkien despite loving The Lord of the Rings.

The only people who like to call it shit are fat autists and hipsters who like to dick-measure how pure a fan they are.

And it's a shame because it loses the ability to actually discuss some of the flaws in the series that behind the scenes drama caused.

Sorry but Battle of the Five Armies was shit however you cut it. I don't see how that's even debatable unless you are just a dumbass that gets distracted by pretty colours and sounds

I've watched the LOTR trilogy several times. I've watched this only once.

The only thing I did like was the ending where he tells the dwarfs they're always welcome in his house.

I like them, too. Not love - but like. There's a lot to like - I think the first half of the Goblin king scenes were good - the chase afterwards was just dumb. The biggest thing I dislike is them shoehorning Legolas into them, and that other elf, the chick from lost. Just fucking ugh. Just take Gimli's place as the first dwarf to love an elf (which is a big fucking deal in the book) and piss all over it. But I liked the inclusion of what Gandalf was doing.

They're flawed. Yes. They're still watchable. Yes, it should have been one movie, maybe two, lighthearted and fun like the book, that ends at the party at Bilbo's for his 111th birthday, and explains why Frodo lives with him.

That entire shit with the she elf and legoman wasn't even in the book. It was all added to stretch it out.

Proving my point to a T.

the first part in the shire is decent rest is crap

Is there an actually good edit of this which cuts down the runtime to something reasonable?

Maple films edit

4 hours in total with an oldschool intermission

that sounds pretty comfy thanks

seconding this. that's the most watchable thing you can make out of the material. zero tauriel and almost no legolas

I like the Unexpected Journey. While it has its fair share of eye rolling moments, it's the strongest of the three. The rest goes so off the rails, that it's not even funny.

First film is alright. Second film is too long and third film shouldn't even exist.