Cartoons that kids with no cable watched

Cartoons that kids with no cable watched.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEJuTj_0tfU
qubo.com/shows
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wordgirl.

Never watched it. Is it any good?

bump

Matilda

I had no cable growing up, so I had to watch this.

Pretty much everything on PBS.

>that block of Transformers Cybertron, Megaman X, Yu-Gi-Oh and some other bullshit that came on at 4
>my school let out a little early so I got really familiar with the reruns of black 90's sitcoms that came on before all that

CAUSE IT'S A NINETIES KINDA WORRRLD, I'M GLAD I GOT MAH GIRLS

It's alright, Sup Forums just like's the MC for waifuing though

Was this a no cable show?

>tfw watched PBS with my mom for an hour or so after school then watched Toonami while I did my homework
good times

Childhood was a lot better than growing up.

Yes. It was on PBS kids.

Unfortunately yes. Always hated that show.

I remember seeing the "hitting is bad" episode and thinking that I could run that whole place if I ever ended up there.

Then again, the parent dragons were Gojira sized and some of the magic shit they had to deal with was kinda fucked.

Grey DeLisle was in this show.

WOULD I EVER STEER YOU WRONG?

SpongeBob for those without cable.

I know this specific feel

Wasn't Newman the dragon or something?

It was Wayne Knight.

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Wayne Knight played Newman in Seinfeld and thus is known as that by a lot of people. and yes he did do the voice for Dojo Kanojo Cho. and I will never be able to unhear it now.

He might have a younger sibling. That's how I know about it.

Thanks to my little brother, Curious George taught me that I like jazz.

2006 was nearly 11 years ago man.

The Simpsons and family guy were always the best cartoons, but they only came on during Sunday.

Kids with no cable were very lucky, as they got a really awesome action-comedy cartoon.

There was a golden period of a year or two where the Simpsons came on for an hour at 5pm. I miss those days.

I really can't say the same.
My father was a drunkard and a pedophile.
Now that he has stopped drinking, he pretends that nothing ever happened, and everyone simply agrees.

We even tell him that he was a great dad in his old age.

This is the truth.
I remember being hyped for Jackie Chan adventures.

I can't believe they've pretty much deleted all of the cartoons for poor-kids. People still don't have internet access.

inb4 talk about how old anons feel/are.

I remember that.
Simpsons was top tier, and when I got older King of the Hill was another great show.

One of the greatest cartoons for people with no cable back in the 90s. It taught them how comedy works.

Even though poor kids never got to see Rocko, they got to see these wackos.

My dad used to beat my mom on the weekends. It got to the point that her brother and his family would come over just to calm my dad down.
It culminated in him eventually leaving us for two years.
When they got back together, they had my sister. The family as a whole likes to pretend those two years never happened. Life continued on until high school, when my increasingly horrendous grades made my dad suspicious of me and my mom. He thought she covered for me too much and doted me. Then, when he refused to pay for my college, I had to go ahead and pay myself. It wasn't hard because of my job, but it still seems like he should have been there for me. It doesn't really matter anymore, cause my parents' relationship hangs almost entirely on my sister now. Almost nothing I do can help them be proud of me or be happy that they're together.
I don't want to compare my sorrows to yours or try to diminish your pain, I just want to get it off my chest. Good luck with your life man.

The closest to Hey Arnold! for those with no cable.

>that period of time when the Fox Network wasn't on standard tv
Shit sucked before the year 2000.

She was marchin in her own parade!

It actually wasn't that bad of a show. It could get clever at times.

SEAT BELTS EVERYONE!

My childhood was fine and my parents loved me. Why am *I* naked in bed, eating a pizza and posting in a Sup Forums thread about second-rate cartoons?

I had Cartoon Network, Disney and Nickelodeon without cable.
Was that typical?

I remember that exact episode. Funny. guess it stuck with me. Yeah Max was a dick for hitting her, but she was a cunt all her own for not letting him pitch first like she said when they left.

I'm in the same boat as you. I think all of us, to a greater or less degree, are somewhat dissatisfied with or alienated from our lives, and that's why we come here. Sometimes it's for dramatic reasons, but other times from a quieter desperation

It depends on where you are.
In my part of Burgerland only ABC, CBS, PBS, and NBC if the reception was cooperating was available.
It wasn't until the year 2000 for me that FOX was added, but by then shows like The Tick was gone and the 90's X-men was already showing reruns.
My childhood sucked

This is a show that I remember watching a little of, but I don't remember anything about it.

I remember even as a kid thinking it was weird that they got the guy that voiced Iago and Christopher Lloyd in for some shitty show about math.

Cassie gave me weird feelings as a kid.
Especially after the episode when she danced with those clamshell thingies.

What is that show?

The Joy Luck Club

This show was one of the greatest animated shows of all time. Back in the days of Fox Kids and Kids WB.

That is Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat, I loved that show as a kid because the cat's used their tails to write. Honestly can't remember much else because it was like 17 years ago.

Does anyone remember this weirdo? He only lasted 2 years.

This show was great.
youtube.com/watch?v=qEJuTj_0tfU

That was funny. Just like the rest of the show.

At least we got 90's X-Men, Spider-Man and sometimes, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

by the way, all of 90's X-Men is on Hulu

Most of the time, I didn't even know what was going on in the show. It was that weird. It reminded me of a non cable Ren & Stimpy.

>Transformers Cybertron
>NINETIES
nigga.

This show was surprisingly good for a cartoon based on a movie.

learn to read nigga
>reruns

My latchkey kid after school routine in fifth grade was
>confused masturbation session
>Wayans Bros
>Living Single
>Megaman
>Transformers
>Yu-Gi-Oh
>switch to Fox for the Simpsons for an hour

that's only 1 wacko tho

Why does the OP act like it was a bad thing to not have cable? We had a lot more, and a lot better cartoons that the rich kids ever could.

yeah well eat my butt

Because kids with no cable didn't get to see.

That's wrong.
I had no cable and I watched that just fine.

I watched those other shows until I was about five or six(excluding breaks), then I got all the others including yours. It was perfect

I want to bang Word Girl.

SPOON!

This show was the best!

Hell yeah! Great show with excellent humor that taught kids about all the important stuff: hitting people, lying, time shares, coping with mass tragedy, dealing with people who have cancer, skipping school, dealing with people who have disabilities, stealing, getting glasses, and figuring out what to do when your best friend wants to start the Third Reich.

Ok serious question, has anyone else been watching "Odd Squad" on PBS? It's a live action show with child actors, but it's surprising good.

It's about an organization of kids who go around the world solving "odd" cases (kind of like KND, but they help adults). The kids are very good actors, and it's really funny.

This show is pretty fucking Sup Forumsol.

>all those fucking tampon commercials during Wayne's Brothers during the CW era.

Honestly, that whole episode showed that Max was a dumbass and Ord was a fucking pussy. Why was that little cumstain attacking a motherfucking dragon that could kill his ass like nothing? WHY?

>tfw seeing shit jokes that you would only see on cable because of this show

Oh, this show. It was cute. I wish there was more cartoons based on ancient China, even though this show was pretty recent, having film and bicycles and shit.

I've caught a few episode.
Like you said it's surprisingly good.
Much better than the Wild Kratts cartoon.
Holy shit, the Kratt brothers haven't aged well
;_;

YES CHLOE, YOU WOULD, YOU LITERAL BITCH

Fox was always a broadcast channel, unless you lived in an area that just didn't have an affiliate for some reason.

Hey, you need to get back with Captain Hero be- wait, wrong show. Sorry, Chloe.

don't forget about drug pushing and dealing with misogynistic stereotypes in movies.

Not to mention that episode where Francine has to re-circumcise her dad with Arthur's help.

PBS still has cartoons. Other than that, there's still an obscure-as-shit broadcast kid's channel called Qubo that runs all sorts of random-ass shit (including Denver the Last Dinosaur, from 1987).

Those weekend channel-tan threads seem to think it's a Mexican channel for some reason. It's actually just a PAX spin-off. (remember PAX?)

qubo.com/shows

Remember Ned's Newt? Well there's a channel still airing reruns of it.

Such an epic cartoon! It's a shame the last season wasn't that good.

2000 user here,
I grew up in Bumfuck, Wisconsin.
I remember it being a big deal that Fox set up a station in my town. Every time I tuned in it would show dumb local commercials to shill the station.
>HOW FAST CAN YOU SAY WFXS?!
Fuck you tv, hurry up and end so I can watch my Digimans.
I'm still mad that Fox took away the after school block

Which episodes?

This shit was my jam. Shame it went down hill so fast.

Agreed. I was turned off as soon as the other dude came in with his daddy issues.
What does Pops missing have to do anything with math?

Kids WB had this, Godzilla, Ghostbusters, and Jumanji. Only one missing was Big Guy and Rusty which you could easily see on Fox. 99-03 era cable was great for home from school cartoons.

dude this show had the coolest weapons, did you have any favorites? I can remember the Golden Tiger Claw, Two-Ton Tunic, and the Orb of Tsunami off the top of my head

It's a blast from the past!

I remember this show being so popular in 2008.

The show is from 2007 though

I remember really liking The Orb of Tornami.

oh yeah, I forgot it was Tornami not Tsunami. It's been forever since I watched it

Literally the best cartoon of all time

I remember when Cootie Pie wanted to heat up her Ice Palace.

Eh well, it wasn't the worst but when I didn't have cable I had a tremendous sense of being left out. All my friends or other kids would make jokes about cartoons or stuff they would see on shows I didn't. I felt so lame cause I had to watch "safe" shows (like on PBS) where everyone else got see like, Adult Swim or something.

Hard to be part of a conversation when your friends are cracking a line from a cartoon and all you had was some lesson from Arthur.

>ricochet's
>pulverizing
>PINBALLLL

This is a classic! They even did a parody on SNL.

He looked stylish.

And then all the stuff on ABC Kids. They showed Digimon up to Tamers. And I think on NBC they used to show Sailor Moon.

bump