Is the acting profession going to die in our lifetime?

CGI is getting better and better, and I know several people who were genuinely convinced this WAS Brian in his last Fast and Furious movie.

Does this hint at a shift to come, that will render multi-millionaire actors unemployable because their one skill can now be done a piece of software?

In 2083, will the CGI tools be so good that some actors might (at best) be able to sell their likeness to CGI companies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_6EL6f_ub0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

far beyond that, video games will just overtake movies as the dominant visual medium

Of course, you'll literally have Adobe Photoshop to create your own films, but acting is an art in itself so we'll probably continue making traditional film just like we still make plays for the theater.

No. As long as actresses show some real ass titties there will be no need for CGI anything. period. Real titties or riot

Ye. Cinema is probably one of most popular media, that hasn't developed anything really new since years. Last true groundbreaking thing was introduction of color. Since then, nothing realm happened. 3D isn't that big thing at current state. I think next big step would be creating movies in 360 degree, just like some YouTube clips.

While I don't believe we'll live to see it, our kids probably will, yes.

Think about it, animated movies TODAY are the some of the most profitable movies to make, almost solely because all you need is voice actors.

For fucks sake Frozen doesn't have a single actor (not even AAA voice-talent, really) and it made $1,287,000,000.

As these movies become cheaper to make, and actors demand more stupid amounts of money, I don't see how companies will ever be able to argue to shareholders that "actor" is a profession that should be allowed to exist. At least not at the pay-grade their demanding now.

I partially agree. An actor should be a white-collar worker who makes the same amount as your common average Joe, maybe sliiightly more. Being an actor should be considered a "good" job, not a "you have won at life and your entire family will want for nothing ever again" job.

Video games are very quickly heading for their second crash.

>implying Brad Pitt would ever work for 30k a year

>being this fucking jelly of success
holy shit

>I understand nothing about free market.

They get paid this much because you are willing to put so much money into seeing these shitty movies.

That WAS him

His "death" was just a movie promotion.

I thought you were all redpilled.

>you

I gotta disagree. There are far too many good games out nowadays.

This site alone has an entire board dedicated to how wrong that one opinion is.

I hate it when there are smart asses who KNOW it's CGI so automatically they start bragging about how bad the CGI is to sound cool. I have some friends who had no idea that guy in Rogue One was actually dead and was entirely CGI and they had no idea. I bet when I finally get them to watch the F & F series they will still not know that they watching a computer generated Paul Walker.

Name 3 good games that came out this year.

That board is filled with faggot fucking weebs, they wouldn't know a good game if it hit them in the face.

There's like 2 Rimworld posters for the whole board.

Whelp, this thread is gonna derail.

>2 Rimword poster for the whole board

And you don't think there's a reason for that?

Nah, it's not. The most he could mention is Breath of the Wild

Not that guy. But why? He's just going to say 3 games and you're going to be like "HUR, X is a terrible game."

>Breath of the wild

Saying that CGI is bad is just the hipster thing to say right now.

Personally, I think it's a Guild of Actors (or whatever) conspiracy, trying to convince everyone CGI is bad so that they don't have to deal with potentially losing their insanely comfortable gigs.

FUUUCCKKK

the eyes give it away. once you realize it's a fake person and you look into the eyes, it's actually fucking horrifying

It's what these millennial YouTubers say to sound smart. When I'm watching a film I don't sit there purposely waiting for the CGI to happen.

Isn't it CGI over his brothers heads, though? The image is tricked, but there's still a dude there. The eyes are legit.

>uncanny valleys your path

Didn't even realise he was dead until after the film.

>millennial
shut the fuck up unless you're like 50 years old you whiny melon

You were born between 1985 and 1995. You know it, I know it.

>inb4 hurr durr i'm 45 years old.

Fuck off.

> Two comments exactly the same posted one after the other
> Not suspicious at all
I'm a millennial too, why wouldn't I admit it? People these days have an arrogance when it comes to watching films because everyone is an amateur reviewer for some reason.

There were some great shots of him even with him being more in the foreground and I was thinking "wow yeah that's not bad now cut away and it'll be-" but then they lingered too long and spoiled it a little.

The problem with CGI taking the place of actors today is not a lack of desire for it to do so, hell Disney have never been so profitable and they exclusively make animated movies now, but for lack of polish.

The reason Brian worked in FF and the CGI actor worked in Star Wars was because they were shot in incredibly specific lighting and camera angle to cover up the "worst of it".

Until this flaw is remedied CGI will never take the place of actual actors.

That's not terribly uncanny to be honest.

Looks worse in motion. It was like watching a fucking videogame character.

Cucks always need a human figure to worship. CGI can only replicate existing people, nobody would care about a made-up "person". Just look at the threads here obsessing after actors and actresses especially. Don't underestimate the importance of idolatry.

were already pretty close
youtube.com/watch?v=E_6EL6f_ub0

That looks like shit m8.

>anime is literally patrician

Fuck off dubs-weeb.

>but acting is an art in itself
This fucking guy

Alright I'll bite
>resident evil 7
>wolfenstien 2
>farcry 5
>destiny 2
>breath of the wild
>cod WW2
>ghost recon wild lands
>Star Wars battlefront 2
I did of course include games not released yet just because everyone knows November is when the hard hitters are released