New Gay Canadian Hero

newsarama.com/31939-classic-canadian-character-freelance-revamped-as-globetrotting-gay-hero.html

Any thoughts on this??

Other urls found in this thread:

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Freelance
youtube.com/watch?v=P1h9k5JPvJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We need more gay canadian heroes, not nearly enough of them.

Another character ruined by SJWs!!!
Wait, who the hell is this again?

>It's an action-adventure story, it just happens to have a gay lead.

Might be okay, if they actually stick to that statement

This
>We want the Midnighter audience

So...Northstar?

>Freelance
>gay

Hohoho.

>Gay
>Canadian

Added to my list of nothing important at all.

Public domain character.

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Freelance

Gays are alright.

Canadians on the other hand.

A fucking leaf

I always thought that pulpy high adventure comics would be a great place for a gay character. Elaborate parties, casual sex, and predisposition towards terrible and dangerous actions. Sounds exactly like my last three boyfriends.

This. I don't care if the comic has a gay lead character but having a Canadian character is a definite no-read for me.

>Gay Canadian

Bit redundant, isn't it?

>gay Canadian
Kinda red..aw.

If that other dude is his boyfriend, count me in.

Not enough punching. Or leather.

>>>/tumblr/

As a gay man I think this looks generic as hell.
The fuck happened to comics? How is THAT a good first issue cover? It get no clue of the story, the abilities or the personalities of the characters. The character design is fucking bland and I feel like i wont miss anything if I skip it.
Also, story/character design/art/creative team should be the things discussed here, not the sexuality of the main character.

looks like some sort of gay Race Bannon

>Also, story/character design/art/creative team should be the things discussed here, not the sexuality of the main character.

Did you read the article? Because all of that was mentioned.

And you must be retarded, because that cover clearly implies it's some sort of action-focused story about travelling the world and doing shit.

>gay Race Bannon

> insert joke about how they were a gay couple here

>be Canadian
>fuck moose
>drink milk from bags
>get cucked by muslims

I criticized the cover and the things discussed in this thread, I never mentioned that those things were NOT in the article.
Also, an action story about travelling is NOT a real story and not a good hook. First issue covers should be iconic compositions that others will homage later, landmarks in the story of comic books, original and exciting scenes.

>Also, an action story about travelling is NOT a real story and not a good hook.

Oh man, someone should tell that to the entire action-adventure genre!

It's not a real story because it's just the genre. You have to actually think of a story to have that action and travelling. The cover tells you nothing of that.

I think I'm not sold on those cargo pants tucked into footies.

>Boyfriend
What's with this false narrative that gay people are monogamous? They're sluts. Especially the hotter ones, why falsely portray that?

Whoa there, champ. Don't you know what year it is?

>implying it's a joke

youtube.com/watch?v=P1h9k5JPvJ8

>The fuck happened to comics?

This is a such vague, empty thing to say. As if you can ascertain something "happened" comics by the cover of this comic.

You're baka and gay.

I will give it a try. Hope we see some lewds of him.

Lance is a good name for a queer.

Yeah, I can't imagine many people seeing that cover not knowing what it is and buying it. I doubt this comic will last for very long.

Go to bed Keith.

>gay canadian
bit redundant, don't you think?

Comics are a ridiculously niche medium and the industry js trying to rude the SJW wave into sales. Pretty fucking simple. And it would work if SJWs had money to spend on anything besides make up and clothing.
Does homosexuality have a correlation with retardation?

No, but it does make you talk funny.

>SJWs giving a shit about gay men
lol no
They are the ultimate enemy, the vanguard of patriarchy with no interest in sandy vaginas.
You're thinking of fujos.

Honestly, it's sad. SJW's give some top billing to gay people only to shove them aside when they can. They only use them because they know they need them.

>cover shows various locales and people running through them
>this apparently doesn't tell you it's an adventure store about traveling to different locales

user are you legit retarded?

SJW's don't actually buy comics though, they just get angry when they get cancelled for bad sales.

> fujos

I wish. I just want an indulgent work about gay hot men without all the political baggage.

>fag hag best friend has a side cut

That's the real travesty here

Looks cliche as fuck

Midnighter?

Almost, but Orlando couldn't write Apollo to save his life and none of Midnighter's flings convinced me that he'd write any other relationship well, either.

The new Extraño is 10/10 though.

I don't think anyone's written Apollo well. I think the sad part about midnighter is that he's probably the most successful gay character I've seen.

Like he's the longest running and unlike northstar he doesn't get shoved in a closet and taken out