How did it fail Sup Forums

how did it fail Sup Forums

it was the thing you went to if there was nothing on Nick, Disney, or CN and it still had some merit of it's own

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ikco2TIb_Rk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah it was a good channal

It's because The Hub was a channel that everyone owned or something like that

>how did it fail Sup Forums
Man, you know what's a great idea? Making our channel subscription based

With the exception of one cartoon, it had nothing worthwile. DC animated cartoon reruns were good, though.

Realistically, it didn't. It's still going strong, we've just paid less attention to it since some of their best stuff, like Dan Vs., have been pulled. It's still a good family network.

Less realistically, they changed their name to Discovery Family and no one could find the Hub anymore, thinking Discovery Family was a completely new network.

Seriously, why the name change? The Hub was perfect, it was short, sounds nice, and conveys what it is.

People still watch TV? Like, without streaming it?

Discovery and Hasbro could never stop feuding, and the people they needed ad dollars from were the very people Hasbro was in competition with.

Family channel? Isn't that the old chanel that Pat Robertson use to have his show on? 700 club?

Who knew they'd go on to create something like My Little Pony.

Killed Aquabat and Dan Vs. while they were young, let the budget for Prime get out of hand, and lost most of the talented staff for a certain show we can't talk about, while dividing the few good ones left between the show and the TV specials.

The rebranding make absolutely no sense, probably implies bad blood between the two companies

Used to be a good family oriented station, now is a confusing mish mash of cartoons and constant never ending reruns of Cake Boss with the occasional family movie thrown in

It seems like Discovery really hate Hasbro, which is stupid

That being said it's still my most watched channel, I watch Transformers, G.I Joe, MLP, and LPS every day.....i miss Jem, that was my favorite early morning show to watch

Partially because people were so obsessed with flash cartoons they didn't see the glory that was found in another area.
youtube.com/watch?v=ikco2TIb_Rk

There are at least three, you don't have a picture of either.

*any of the three

They turned one show into their SpongeBob, and as such, it died pretty quickly. At least with Nickelodeon, they had a decade before SpongeBob started taking a toll on them. With The Hub, it was instant.

New president that was on the path to destroying it.

Discovery taking over was a mercy killing, really.

ya know

maybe Boco is right here

Boco, don't shut up

Hasbro is a toy company, not a television streaming network, they made enough bad decicions and got served.

this.

hell, I stream my fucking music because I've grown tired of music players.

God I miss Dan VS.

I'd kill for just one more season

I would watch it more if I knew the schedule for each of my favorite shows, but every time i figure it out they change it on me.
Also, I can't DVR for reasons.

because nobody watches re-runs

I haven't watched the channel in a long time, but the Hub failed when shows like Dan Vs. got cancelled and Transformers finished with nothing good to replace them.Plus the channel kept focusing too much on FIM, and trying to replicate it's success. Let's put it this way: The Hub had Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series on it's channel and it still failed to be successful.

>They turned one show into their SpongeBob, and as such, it died pretty quickly. At least with Nickelodeon, they had a decade before SpongeBob started taking a toll on them. With The Hub, it was instant.

So, you're assuming a lot of things here faggot.

>They turned one show into their SpongeBob
Spongebob was never good, if you think so you're fucking autistic or black
>and as such, it died pretty quickly
Died? I don't think six seasons and a confirmed seventh is "dead" especially when this show still sustains a board on this website all by itself that at times is hardly any slower than this one
>they had a decade before SpongeBob started taking a toll on them. With The Hub, it was instant.
The Hub had more great shows air than Nick did since the early 90's , kill yourself spongefaggot and if you like Oddparents kill yourself a second time for good measure

They had more good shows on the air than any other network, so, yeah I guess they deserved to fail?

My Little Pony happened.

Honestly I think having legitimately great shows is a weakness now.
You're never going to have 24/7 great shows, and people are more likely to go find something else to do if the TV they're watching goes from 9/10 quality to 6/10 when the next show starts.
Whereas if they start watching a 6/10 show because they have nothing better to do, they might as well watch the next 6/10 show too, so it gets left on that channel for hours rather than just turned on to watch one thing and then turned off.

FIM had nothing to do with Discovery wanting to buy out the channel back from hasbro though?

The only reason Discovery Family is still a thing, which is why they recently aired the new EQG movie every single day for a whole week

Shezow happened.

It started strong but didnt bother to maintain it's momentum even though it had a breakout hit. After the first year or two it had nearly no original content and just became the channel of old sitcoms. It basically G4ed itself.

Basically because it was owned by Hasbro other toy companies were pretty unwilling to advertise on it, and their a massive part of the revenue of cartoon channels, that's apparently the biggest reason.

Iv read that Discovery Family makes more money than the Hub did with like a fourth the ratings because of those companies being more willing to advertise on it.

This is why I hate the fans of any girls shows slightly inspired from anime. The most stubborn, immature little shits which I would gladly pummel into the ground again and again till they learn to stay the fuck down. Just like Sup Forums - Sup Forumsrrogant, Sup Forumsutistic, Sup Forumssinine, Sup Forumsnti-social idiots and assholes who forgot to get their daily belt whipping.

I would kick your ass bud, don't kid yourself skipper.

HAIL HUB