Can someone please explain to me why it is acceptable for an American-Korean to play an American-Japanese character?

Can someone please explain to me why it is acceptable for an American-Korean to play an American-Japanese character?

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41264654

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BLb3o65q0vk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They all look the same

can you explain why you're a race baiting sperg shitposter?

Japanese are Korean colonials

Looks like Reddit is upset again

Because can you post a more suitable Asian-American actor for a supporting role?

arr rook saym

>Can someone please explain to me why it is acceptable for an American-Korean to play an American-Japanese character?

How is it any different than one kinda European playing another kind of European?

DEY ARR ROOK DA SAYME

Ken Watanabe
Hiroyuki Sanada

Americans don't give two shits about either of these guys.

Who gives a shit about Dae Kim?

moms. Been on two big tv shows.

But his best attribute is that he can speak engrish.

Moms aren't going to be watching Hellboy, YOU NEGGUH

this

the korean actor does not seem to have the same cultural sensitivity or pr person that ed skrein has

The Japanese cast a Korean-American to play a Japanese character in one of their movies. They clearly don't care, why should we?

Or even a Brit/Canadian playing an American.

Did you miss the whole shitstorm over Skrein's self-indulgent resignation?

If clearly is different.

Koreans look very distinct from Japs.
They are ranked the ugliest people. Their females look like chubby males and they have those weird flat nose bridges
And smaller eyes

>The Japanese cast a Korean-American to play a Japanese character in one of their movies. They clearly don't care, why should we?
The joke is that the previous casting choice caused AN UPROAR because he wasn't japanese, and neither is this guy.

Haha sirry round eye. Go wok sport on bic skween teebee sirry round eye

arr rook same

Because SJW's don't care about the actual issue nor know the difference between Asian ethnic groups - they simply hate white people and don't want white people in things.

It's not rocket science.

Can you explain how he's race baiting?

Did he cast a Korean as a hapa Jap? Did he quit a high profile movie to demonstrate racial justice?

It seems like you have a problem with reality, you dumb, ignorant cunt.

arr rook same

Because the original actor resigned so that the role would go to an ethnically correct actor.

The actor that replaced him therefore should have been Japanese/White.

Not Korean.

Unless you're saying "all rook same".

>The Japanese cast a Korean-American to play a Japanese character in one of their movies. They clearly don't care, why should we?

Because it's not a Japanese movie and the Japnese don't care. White people care about it being ethnically correct.

We shouldn't care, but we are told to care.

Just like white people generally don't give a shit if you cast a Frenchmen to play a Russian.

Oh good I will look forward to white roles being cast properlyHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

So the casting director is gonna discriminate a talented replacement because he's not Japanese but Korean?

Go outside.

>Wh*te roles

hahahhahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Well hurry up, because you fucking edomites only have a couple of years left.

youtu.be/BLb3o65q0vk

Then why pretend it matters if you're not casting appropriately?

asian and caucasian

Do you give a shit when a Italian plays and English person?

...Yes?

That's the entire fucking point you moron.

The casting director already fucked up by casting a white guy as a white/japanese person.

So the white guy had to go, and instead of fulfilling the demands to cast an ethnically correct actor in the role (half white/half japanese) he went ahead and fucked up again, this time casting a Korean.

Which is even more insulting, since he's essentially saying;

>ALL GOOKS LOOK THE SAME

kys drumpfkin.

I am surprised 2ch took that shit without issues.

????

Right. The character is Asian and Caucasian.

So why would you cast a Korean and not an Englishmen?

How is this different from somebody with Irish heritage playing someone German? We have the same designation for all of them, "white" and nobody ever flips out when one subtype of white plays another subtype. I don't know why it would be different for asians.

koreans have so much chinese and japanese blood in them after so much conquest it doesn't even matter

nice reading comprehension faggot

The character is American-Japanese, so why not cast accordingly instead of a Korean, seeing as this shot causes so much butthurt?

What else could your post mean, illiterate goomba?

It's called acting

2ch small jap penis are crying on Sup Forums now?

Well, they have spaniards playing latinos too, which is even worse.

you have to go back paco

Small penis???

t. asian penis

Leave my winky out if this.

Dont worry youll have robot waifus soon

Yeah, why not a white guy?

Because as Hitler says, Japanese are honorary Aryans.

Are you talking about koreans or japs? I guess it fit japanese people more..

It's not like the casting director wanted the white guy to quit anyways. They hired him in the first place, they didn't give a shit that he was the wrong race.

it's the same as a white american guy playing a european