Am I the only one getting tired of how this show constantly shits on Marco over and over?

Am I the only one getting tired of how this show constantly shits on Marco over and over?
How he has always put up with Star and her friend's ridiculous idiotic bullshit?
Where as Star herself always gets her way and essentially gets her cunt licked every episode?

You sound like an upset nuemale

Sidekicks were made for humiliating.

>how this show constantly shits on Marco over and over?

>gets the Mewni pucci
>gets to spill all his spaghetti next to Stackie yet she still wants him
>literally covered in bitches 24/7
>parents are fucking loaded

What are you even talking about?

He is consistently put in the worst situations in the show.
All the characters except Star belittle and insult him on a regular basis.
No one ever listens to him or takes his advice.
Has his plans/possessions/or life constantly ruined or interrupted by the rest of the cast.
Is put in danger again and again due to Star's incompetence and flippant nature.

Are Mabel haters still this salty? Get a life and get over gravity falls already.

Whoa almost sounds like A FUCKING CARTOON you autist. How out of touch with reality and fantasy are you that you are applying real life to a show with a little girl who summons unicorn stampedes?

So it's not okay to cite how all the characters in a show act like dicks to the one nice person on it, because it's animated?

Is there a rule book somewhere for what aspects people are allowed to comment on, like, or dislike in animated series?

No you thin skinned numale faggot you stop taking entertainment so god damned personally. Maybe stop self inserting as the awkward smart guy (you aren't that smart btw) and you won't be so ass blasted when he suffers for comedic
effect.
Schadenfreude is and always will be a main staple in animated humor because its so much easier to do in animation than in real life. If your thin skin can't take it maybe stop watching any animated series ever made because almost all of them have someone suffering for comedic effect to some degree.
>Omg why is bugs always being chased by Elmer Fudd its totally not fair to him

If anything I think Marco is able to handle that sort of shit better than Star would, and he also doesn't seem particularly bothered by it, so that makes it easier to watch because you don't feel like he's really suffering or hating his life. Obviously opinions will vary but you don't really get the sense the show is punishing him or that he exists to suffer, so much as it seems he's a decent guy who has to deal with shit he doesn't deserve and usually comes out of it okay.

The show itself pretty much proves he's the smart/responsible one and Star would be a barely functional dumbass on Earth without him. I think the early episodes did go overboard with making Star seem too popular on Earth, but more recently she's been portrayed more as a weirdo with a smaller social circle and that also helps with the Marco thing (doesn't feel like she's popular and he's not).

The joke is he try to protect star whos like an oblivious child. They dont make him out to be bad. If anything hes the glue holding everyone together.

You clearly have anger problems. Ignoring further comments from you.

>ignoring further comments from you
Am I supposed to care?
Go back to tumblr because you fucking reek of that place
>WHY ARE PEOPLE MEAN SPIRITED WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST LIKE GET ALONG
>OMG WHY ARE YOU DISAGREEING WITH ME LOL BLOCKED

>so that makes it easier to watch because you don't feel like he's really suffering or hating his life.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. To me it just makes it that more annoying to watch, because Marco is shown to be a genuinely kind, wonderful, caring, patient character... yet he gets the worst of everything.

It's the rest of the assholes who overstep their bounds, have no self control, act condescending, etc that deserve to be belittled or have bad things happens to them.

Why does the objectively BEST person on the show, have the worst things happen to him?

:)

So she's Mabel?

You got triggered by Kim Possible too didn't you?

Dude, how do "all the characters in the series" act like dicks?
I mean, yeah, ponyhead does, because she is an awful character.
Tom did, because he saw Marco as competition for Stars affection, but the last episode proved that he's pretty shill now.
That popular chick that some people shipped Marco with in season 1 acted like a spoiled brat to everyone, and if anything seemed nicer to Marco than the others(being concerned about someone throwing up in your vehicle is a completely legitimate worry).
Ludo, toffee, Jeremy, and that chick who ran Saint Olga's are all villains they are supposed to treat him like shit.
His classmates are pretty fucking nice to him all things considered.
I can't think of a single instance of his parents being dicks to him.
Moon hasn't been a dick to him, Jackie hasn't been a dick to him, starfan13 hasn't been a dick to him, Hope hasn't been a dick to him, Kelly hasn't been a dick to him, Sabrina hasn't been a dick to him, Skullnick hasn't been any more a dick to him than anyone else, Ingrid hasn't been a dick to him, Oskar hasn't been a dick to him, Buff frog is no longer a dick to him despite having fought him several times, Alfonzo isn't a dick to him, Ferguson isn't a dick to him, Charlie hasn't been a dick towards him, pretty much none of the school have been dicks at all.
Stars dad hasn't really been a dick to him any more than any father of a 14 year old girl is towards 14 year old boys who live with said daughter under the same roof.

Where are all these people being dicks to him for no reason?

Mabel actually had bad shit happen to her and had to deal with situations where she needed help.
Little Gideon, Pacifica being a bitch to her, falling for the puppet guy who turned out to be a douche, feeling like Dipper was leaving her behind, etc

I think Ludo and Buff Frog also got a lot of shit, though more in the first season than now. Ludo kind of had it coming but Buff Frog had to deal with hostility from pretty much all sides.

Besides Star, is it characters like Janna that are annoying you? I found her pretty funny but her entire character concept could be seen as grating if you don't like the stalker aspect. Also Pony Head but I think she's meant to be a bitch.

>Ignoring further comments from you.
>Literally don't you ever talk to me or or my son ever again, the post

This is an anonymous imageboard.

No faggot, mabel didnt do anything wrong. Stars kinda insane, she means well and trys her best for marco.

As you said Ponyhead, Tom, the villains, Janna, Jeremy Birnbaum,
His other classmates get virtually no screentime, nor do his parents.

Glossaric is also usually a bit of a douche to him.

So the majority of the major characters in the show belittle him or put him in bad situations.

Not to mention as I said before, he constantly has to put up with Star's idiocy selfishness.

Tone is easily recognizable. Either he changes his tone, or I dismiss/ignore anything he posts.

Ludo is a self petulant spoiled villain though, he's SUPPOSED to get shit on.

Yeah, it's Ponyhead, Tom, the villains, Janna, Jeremy, Glossaric, and often times his various classmates. Like in the most recent episode how random students were saying he was weird/creepy.

>mabel didn't do anything wrong
>delusional mabelfags really believe this

She didnt you fucking bastard. She tryd her hardest to please dipper, but that cunt only cared about ginger pussy.

>nuemale

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Is it the new go-to insult that Sup Forums and virgin r9kfags used to replace "beta" or "cuck" whenever someone disagrees with them?

>Where as Star herself always gets her way and essentially gets her cunt licked every episode?

The show's about her being remiss of any real authority figure to rebel against so when she messes up and things go south, she has no one to blame but herself.

Which is, tragically, the only way she learns.

Hell, the only way her magic teacher can get her interested in improving her spells is by briar patching and poking her ego by comparing her to her mom.

Rafael has been in an equal number of episodes as Janna(both 10, not counting cameos), there is no reason to not include him in this.
Glossaryck is no more a dick towards marco than he is towards anyone else in the show who can't order him around.
Tom and Jeremy can both be included in the villains category, and both have significantly less appearances than Rafael. And as stated, if villains weren't dicks, the show would be about as interesting as "baby, love your body".
Janna acts more like a really old friend, what's the worst thing she's done to him? Read his diary that he knows that she reads? Scared him a little bit with fake fangs in the school trip episode? Told him that she has his house key(which considering Marco's parents probably most of echo creek does)? She really isn't a dick towards him.

Any interaction with his schoolmates(aside from that one female cheerleader in S1) has shown that most of them are pretty nice all things considered.

Really, not counting villains, pretty much no character is a dick towards Marco without also being so towards every other character, or without adequate reason to act that way(tom being envious, jeremy being his rival, villains being villains, ponyheads jealousy, etcetra).

True, though she doesn't SEEM to be learning anything though. She causes some trouble, she gets help to resolve the trouble, she admits she made a mistake/apologizes, then she does something just about as equally as stupid next episode. Guess the writers aren't that interested in character development yet.

Buff Frog is actually my favorite character in the show so far. I'm starting to warm up to Glossaric too and it's interesting to see Ludo go from a typical standard incompetent joke of a cartoon villain, to an actual psychotic/insane calculating threatening villain.

Nah man, numale/nuemale predates beta, they sort of started around the same time, but beta got more popular(not him btw).

Mabel criticizer here. Star did nothing wrong.

>Janna acts more like a really old friend... She really isn't a dick towards him.

True, it's more like she doesn't respect him or his privacy and doesn't really do anything friendly or kind for him, she's just a bitch that does what she wants, oversteps her bounds, and doesn't do anything to show she's a friend. Just a standard annoying teenage bitch.

>Really, not counting villains, pretty much no character is a dick towards Marco without also being so towards every other character

Yeah, you're mostly right. Except Ponyhead who is a cunt to everyone except Star.
I guess it's more like... Marco almost ALWAYS gets the worst from the villains or suffers the brunt of what they do.
Since obviously the show has to center around hero/villain conflict, it just always seems like he's getting the worst.
Ontop of the small things I mentioned from the other characters.

But yeah, I concede, it ISN'T that everyone acts like a dick to him, it's that he's always getting put in bad situations by the villains where as Star literally just waves her magic wand and makes it go away when it's HER who is directly in trouble.

Why do you fucking faggots hate mabel so much?

Not him but she is a legitimately a terrible person and has almost no growth as a character over the course of Gravity Falls.

But shes loving abd tried being the best she could. You fags are just trying to be edgy.

I'm not the dude you're replying to, but I like Mabel and agree with you.

She got virtually no character development over the course of the series. It all went to Dipper, Stan, and Soos.

Mabel started out as a ditzy goofy irresponsible typical tween girl. Over the course of the summer she crushed on some boys, made friends, got a pet pig, and was exactly the same character as when she started, learning nothing.

Where as Dipper, Stan, and Soos were objectively different people from when the series started. Only think I can see Mabel as having improved on is being a BIT more understanding toward's Dipper's choices and mannerisms. But otherwise she was kept static.

I don't think she was a terrible person though, quite the opposite, she helped so many people, made great friends, did a lot of good, she just had her role in the series and the writers stuck with that. She was kind of one the show's main "hooks" to be honest.

I think that comes from the fact that Dipper was pretty much Alex Hirsch's self-insert, so he was retelling his childhood from his point of view, not from his sister's.

She constantly made Dipper give up what he wants so that she could get what she wants, usually a new boyfriend of the week. Vise versa also happened, so that Dipper could get with Wendy, but less often. Overall Mabel has been causing more inconvenience to Dipper (and others in general) than the other way round, and usually just got away with it without learning much.

I particulatly disliked her in the finale, where she got herself her own magical world. Not as much because she refused to go and help Dipper for most of the episode (she's still a cunt for not caring about what happened to all her friends and family outside the bubble now that Bill was released, but to be fair, she didn't know just how badly the real world was fucked, and Dipper didn't tell her straight away for some reason), but because she already replaced her brother with Dippy Fresh and was like "I don't care about what you do, I don't need you because I already have a better version of you".

nah, i expect it to lead up to something
the only time the show pissed me off was the episode with the free gift ticket because i was 100% sure marco was getting a cool weapon to close the power gap a bit
then he got a piece of garbage that never gets mentioned again

To her dippy fresh was a joke in a way. She still cared for dipper. And besides, dipper inconvenianced her in more major ways.

The problem is not in what Mabel learned or didn't learn.

It's about bending the narrative and ethos so she never has to. She has to be always right, especially if she's wrong.

Yeah, I definitely see what you're saying.
For the most part I agree, but it wasn't always the case. Like when Mermando broke up with her or when she realized she had to leave her Magical prison or whatever.

So I would say about 80% of it was her getting what she wanted. The thing is... for characters to develop, they HAVE to be hurt, they have to be wrong, they have to not not get what they want, to be let down. It happened to Stan, Dipper, and Soos, because they developed and Mabel stayed static.

So... did the writers often give Mabel what she wanted just to bend the narrative for her? Or did she get what she wanted because they didn't want her character to change or were too busy developing the other characters? That's the question.

i think they planned the show to go on for at least 3 seasons
robbie is obviously a zombie
gideon is a vampire
and who knows what else they had prepared for everyone else
so if mabel didnt get her i fuck up everything moment its probably because no time

Clearly, Jackie will be the only one getting her cunt licked according to the next episode OP

>And besides, dipper inconvenianced her in more major ways
Like maybe?

>Clearly, Jackie will be the only one getting her cunt licked according to the next episode OP
I guess at least we always have Area.

She really didn't try at all, she was selfish in the worst way.

Dude, she had two seasons to grow up and she didn't.

Hell, in finale she fucked up big time, but it was for someone else to learn a lesson.

Either it's really bad writing, or Alex Hirsch has really warped moral compass.

it's just how the character dynamic works

the wacky one creates crazy situations, the foil has to deal with them

if you have a problem with that cartoons (and hell, comedy in general) may not be for you

Different Mabel criticizer. Star is 10 times the character Mabel wished to be.

It is his job as straight man to have wacky things happen to him and shake up his normal life. You gotta lighten up, OP.

And that's why Jackie wins the MarcoBowl in the school dance while Star and Janna go on their autistic adventures reviving dead killer clowns.

Of course, knowing this series, Star will probably fuck everything up, I mean, a fucking undead clown? Of course, bad shit is going down, and Marco is forced to save Star's ass.