Wtf did i just watch?

Wtf did i just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pJlm_ON1_Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A story of unrequited love, in which the first 2 hours are Diane's dream, and the last 30 minutes are Diane awake

The greatest movie of this century.

Which lynch movie should i watch next?

Twin Peaks: The Return

Watch them all in chronological order.

David Lynch's Mulholland Drive, presumably.

Lynch parading around hot chicks in a light that makes them look even hotter

Yes, and a hard to resolve twist in the last 15 minutes. There are sources that say you can plug the scenes together in an order that make it interpratable, and Lynch himself supports it, but if you just take it for the Hollywood allegory, I think that's enough.

Lost Highway, Eraserhead, then take a brake of the surrealism and watch The Elephant Man, and then hop in the most surreal experience available that is Inland Empire.
If you like them all watch the rest.

>chronological

Lynchverse when ?

maybe start with Lost Highway, its themes are very similar to those of Mulholland Dr.

Lynch's filmography isn't that big though so you can easily watch all his films in a week or two. The only one that's truly hard to digest IMO is Inland Empire.

The woman can't get no satisfaction.

>just marathoned this movie, did I like it Sup Forums?

pretentious garbage

Shit. It was shit. Much like Twin Peaks.

What's pretentious about it?

THIS

I think Diane and Laura were actual together you know like lesbians. But then Laura fucked people to further her career. Pretty much Lynch was trying to say that women fucked people to further their career and he wished them all dead.

that's pretty deep man

wtf does it open

just saw inland empire

had to read about the film for 3 hours after watching to figure it out

had to do the same with mulholland dr.

I'm not a smart man, but I know what Kino is.

no hay banda :)

I want to protect her.

Twin peaks return was kind of that. It has homages to just about everything he has done.

The new season of Twin Peaks did the dreams thing better than Mulholland Drive did

I love the movie but the twist is pretty worthless to the enjoyment of it overall, maybe if it had happened earier in the movie it could've added more to the film

pure kino

A very okay movie that only becomes great once dissected

Dude, I love the movie but come on. If you can't find one thing pretentious about it then it's time for a rewatch.

Not him, but give me one(1) example of this movie being pretentious.

In a perfect world MH would have starred Sheryl Lee and Sherilyn Fenn as Betty and Rita.

watch Wild at Heart three times in a row

how did it do it better? I thought it was far more heavy handed in twin peaks and did not work as well since the show wasn't concieved with that in mind since the beginning

You're close

Diane and Laura (Camila in the real world) were in fact lesbian lovers. But Camila leaves Diane to be with Adam the director, and in a rage Diane orders a hit on Camila. She grows to hate herself for what she did, and thus kills herself.

Lynch is saying the opposite of what you think though, he's saying the industry is fucked and it preys on the little people who try to break into it - particularly women.

>DUDE DREAMS LMAO

name one Lynch film that doesn't follow this formula

Nothing, it's just his way of letting Diane know that he killed Camila

It's not pretentious at all. It's not even that complicated. Once you realize that the first 2 hours are a dream and the last 30 minutes are reality, it all snaps into place very easily.

Inception or Thin Red Line are pretentious. Not Mulholland Drive.

It's just his style, and everyone spends roughly half their life dreaming, so it's not like he's putting something extraneous in his films

I just sat there numb after watching this while the end credits rolled and this played: youtube.com/watch?v=pJlm_ON1_Mo
Definitely one of the best movie experiences of my life

I don't think he is making any statements on Hollywood, those are after-thoughts mostly

No, one of the core themes of the movie deals with how brutal Hollywood is to the people who fly from all over to the world to try and break into the industry. In fact, Lynch's commentary on how much Hollywood can fuck up the lives of aspiring actors is second only to the love story that forms the core of the film

I rewatched it for the first time since it came out the other night. I didn't remember SHIT, but man it's really good and clever.
had to go read some about it afterwards though I'll admit that. Like what the bum represented.

You got L Y N C H E D

great film, too bad reddit claimed it.
btw, what's next for david's career now that twin peak is dead and buried?

David essentially retired from making films after Inland Empire, and Twin Peaks The Return is his swan song for all things behind the camera. He might do an occasionaly cameo in stuff and he's probably going to continue doing his music, painting, and meditating advocacy (all of which I find pretty silly)

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

his music is decent.

It contains the best scene in the history of kino

youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o

>had to do the same with mulholland dr.
I get Inland Empire but Mulholland drive is not that hard to get desu

The Straight Story, The Elephant Man, Dune and Blue Velvet pleb

That was the plan wasn't it? Fenn at least, it was supposed to be a spinoff series of Audrey's acting exploits.

I liked it. That scene where she was emotionally masturbating to the thoughts of her ex(or who she dreamed was her ex) got me right in the feels

is he /ourguy/?

You watched someone writing anything to try and get a TV deal out of total bullshit
so, Lost before Lost.

He can't write endings to his bullshit

Any film as obscure as Mulholland Dr. is a little bit pretentious. If it weren't David Lynch the critics probably wouldn't have given it nearly as much thought.

A pretty solid thriller, but there was a thing I didn't understand. Why the gay Cowboy was harassing Justin Theroux?

He wanted his bussy.