Does anyone miss the batshit craziness of the silver age comics...

Does anyone miss the batshit craziness of the silver age comics? I like how each issue just has a couple of stand alone stories and you can just open a comic and read it without getting confused

Honestly thats why like TTG. Its like a modern version of those insane clickbait stories from the 50s.

Capeshit was always supposed to be fun and easy to read. This bullshit we have nowadays is absurd.

Gurihiru's Power Pack for instance. That's just fun to read and nice to look at. Supergirl, Cosmic Adventures - the same applies. The more you think about it the less sense it makes to have a guy dressed in tights ponder philosophical questions and be immersed in drama and grimdark. It's absurd and clownish.

The Silver and the Bronze age were the pinnacle of cape comics, in terms of cultural influence(in the Silver age), and in terms of overall quality(bronze age).
It is honestly baffling just how the big to managed to run themselves to ground after that.

Dumb tripfag proving he's dumb yet again.

Bronze age for me is the peak because you have more arcs that feels substantial without decompression that ruins modern stuff. And even though it did have drama it didn't take itself too seriously.

Blame Marvel. They were the ones that started more "serious with more sophisticated characters" approach based on connectivity and continuity. It all escalated from there.

I've been reading old marvel slowly for a couple years. At one point in the late 60s Stan said they were trying to go back to the one story per issue format but a few issues later he said fan response was so negative and the stories had gotten so big that they were just going to keep doing arcs instead.

Another thing is that it was actually willing to let the big actions and events have actual consequences, rather the modern "hero dies but is show to alive six months later" that is popular nowdays.

I'm okay with serious, dramatic, erotic, supernatural and so on stories in comics. Why wouldn't I be? But capes don't work with any of that. This opinion rustles many jimmies but I stick with it. The whole genre is just a mixture of things that shouldn't mix. It's the equivalent of say Alvin and the Chipmunks being exclusively known for their stories of surviving north korean labour camps while still retaining the voices and everything.

It's just wrong.

> I like how each issue just has a couple of stand alone stories
That's honestly the only thing that I don't like about them. I'm one of those people who prefers one story from beginning to end. It's also why I can't be bothered by most cartoons that have 11 min episodes

>a great "imaginary" story of supergirl
wait, so "" implies it's not imaginary but then it has no reason to be imaginary so why is it "imaginary" ?

>I'm one of those people who prefers one story from beginning to end.
wow you are so special and cool and... admitting you like to bitch about everything because nothing follow your template?

good news for you my friend, the upcoming lego batman movie is going to be as crazy as silver age comics.

Terrible panels and layout though.

It varies. There's some modern books I think are far better at panels and layout than Silver Age books and then there's some modern books that are worse at panels and layout than Silver Age books.

"imaginary" was basically their Elseworlds or What If stories back then.

intelligent pedoslavposter

How is he wrong though?

He's a pedophile who only reads those comics for masturbatory purposes.

Times when comics weren't afraid of having fun

>do I miss the time when comics were just perfect?

Well, jee...That's a tough one.

Technically I can't miss it cause I didn't live it, though. But I was lucky enough to be exposed to it when I was 12, 11 years ago.

What does that have to do with the actual point though?

There have been a lot of great stories that proved that more serious and meaningful takes on superheroes can work.

It may not be your cup of tea, but it works.

So I guess Elliot Maggin is to blame