What does Sup Forums think about the super mario bros movie

What does Sup Forums think about the super mario bros movie

Patrician

Samantha Mathis was unfeasibly cute. Why wasn't she in more stuff?

cool aesthetic
questionable intentions

Overall, a great watch for the kinda (family friendly) edgy kid. Shame it was a terrible experience for most if not all of the crew, including the actors

If you're a fan of the games you can still have fun trying to decipher their bizarre adaptations and references. Like pipe-warping is turned into a jail break where they slide down a pipe on a mattress.

For everyone else, it's just a fun 90s kids flick.

What did Mario mean by this?

It's fucking awesome.
Also the image on the DVD spine looks like somebody on set yelled "hey BOB!" and snapped a picture.

the aesthetic of it is great, it's like a more kid version of madmax or something

I loved it as a kid. Still love it as an adult for its design, atmosphere, special effects, and the weird ways they tried to incorporate Mario concepts. Baffled by the unrelenting hate it got.

I begged my dad to take me to see it when I was like 4. He hated it and I think I was just confused by it.

As an adult I appreciate the movie for taking chances and creating something REALLY weird and memorable.

>Delete this
>Shut it down

Mama mia.

I saw this movie when I was 9 years old. I was sick with the flu. My mom set me up in the basement with a bucket to puke in. I laid on the couch and watched this movie while puking and eventually dry heaving every couple of minutes.

I remember being annoyed at their rocket shoes and at Bowser being a humanoid instead of a dragon.

Out of all the media that foreshadowed 911, this is the eeriest.

as a kid i never made the connection to the videogame itself, i just thought it was a movie about dystopian dinosaurs

this movie is a experiment that went wrong
anyways the effects, costumes and scenery design it's pretty cyberpunk

kinda this

It's not baffling. Plebs like things that are familiar to them. The movie was nothing like the games, therefore they hated it.

>The movie was nothing like the games, therefore they hated it.
Aright, ease up bud. We were 6, for chrissake. Everybody is a pleb at that age (mostly). And we didn't hate it because it wasn't like the games, we hated it because it was nothing like the SHOW.

Watching it again as an adult, it's incredible. WTH, they got dennis hopper? And he's still in character from making Blue Velvet, how neat is that?

To be fair, Dennis Hopper pretty much played Frank in EVERY movie after Blue Velvet.

This movie is so bad, and not in an enjoyable way together. 4 friends and I watched this together to laugh at and it was just a slog

She's ugly

Don't listen to user.

She was so cute I almost liked the movie. Almost.

I didn't care for her look in this movie at all. She was much more attractive in the late 90s/early 2000s.

>directed by Sam Rami

ridiculously entertaining

they hated cause it was not in the normie field. I feel bad tho that the actors had a horrible time on set getting drunk. but all in all great movie

I'm pretty sure that was purposeful, as was Daniel Clamp in Gremlins 2 and Future Biff. It's just that it was more affectionate back then because I don't think many people had much reason to actually hate Trump. He was the perfect foundation for a villain, being a filthy rich billionaire with his own tower in the big city and a love affair for publicity.

one of the best b movies

I saw it once when I was a kid, but the story didn't make sense to me.

>remember Dennis Hopper saying not too long ago that TCM 2 was his most hated film of his own
>meaning he hated it more than this

I fucking loved TCM 2